#2 Silsbee vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

4 minutes ago, 09876 said:

#5 has multiple offers. He is cousins with Emmanuel Sanders. Not sure about #9, but he should because he is a beast who will run right over you. #8 is a senior and I heard he is in the top 2 of the senior class and going to A&M to study Engineering. I doubt Engineering and playing football would work out too well. 

#99 is cousins with Emanuel Sanders

12 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

I was being serious. I just knew a kounze guy moved over there, and supported them bellcows. Didnt know if you were the same person or not. Yes im from fruit city, and i moved out here to Silsbee. 

It’s all good yes I graduated from Kountze. Moved out here about 8 years ago. 

1 hour ago, 09876 said:

#5 has multiple offers. He is cousins with Emmanuel Sanders. Not sure about #9, but he should because he is a beast who will run right over you. #8 is a senior and I heard he is in the top 2 of the senior class and going to A&M to study Engineering. I doubt Engineering and playing football would work out too well. 

Josh Dobbs majored in Aero Space at Tennessee and was the starting QB. Now the QB for the Vikings. 

14 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Josh Dobbs majored in Aero Space at Tennessee and was the starting QB. Now the QB for the Vikings. 

I don’t think #8 has that level of athleticism- but I could be wrong. If you talk to that momma- he pretty headstrong and is gonna do what he wanna do. They don’t like like they worried about how to pay for college. 

At the end of the day, you play who is on your schedule. How you win against your competition says a lot. Silsbee and Bellville come into this game 24-0. One team is muti-dimensional, the other is one dimensional. Both teams have defense that will get after you. Big time players will be all over the field. I just have a few stats for y'all to maul over.

Silsbee                                           Bellville

37-63         Opponent W-L          38-62

5           Playoff teams played       3

Opponent Division played.

1                  5AD2                        0

3                  4AD1                        2

6                  4AD2                        7

0                  3AD1                        1

493           Points For                    666

154           Points Against               62

So, what does all this mean, whatever y'all want it to mean. It's the third round of the playoffs, a #2 playing a #6. Me, y'all know I'm a homer and going with my Tigers for the win, by one point or twenty a win a win. Get your popcorn ready, I feel like their will be some offensive fireworks. TigerNation!!! 

5 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

At the end of the day, you play who is on your schedule. How you win against your competition says a lot. Silsbee and Bellville come into this game 24-0. One team is muti-dimensional, the other is one dimensional. Both teams have defense that will get after you. Big time players will be all over the field. I just have a few stats for y'all to maul over.

2                  5AD2                        0

2                  4AD1                        2

So, what does all this mean, whatever y'all want it to mean. It's the third round of the playoffs, a #2 playing a #6. Me, y'all know I'm a homer and going with my Tigers for the win, by one point or twenty a win a win. Get your popcorn ready, I feel like their will be some offensive fireworks. TigerNation!!! 

Yeah at the end of the day comparing schedules and who plays who better is all good banter… but come Friday night all our banter means nothing 

10 minutes ago, STiger85 said:

2                  5AD2                        0

2                  4AD1                        2

So, what does all this mean, whatever y'all want it to mean. It's the third round of the playoffs, a #2 playing a #6. Me, y'all know I'm a homer and going with my Tigers for the win, by one point or twenty a win a win. Get your popcorn ready, I feel like there will be some offensive fireworks. TigerNation!!! 

Also Brazosport is 4A D1 so Silsbee only play one 5A… other than that nice work

11 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

I’ve been eating at that little store when you were still sitting to pee! Lol. It used to be R&B before Peavey’s. 

R&b, piggly wiggly, obannon’s, sunshine grocery..all those north side stores bring back memories.  

as far as this game, it reminds me of the Jasper vs Liberty Hill game back in the day.  LH had 3 or maybe even 4 1000 yard rushers.  And true to form they ran 6-8 yards per run all night long.  Jasper scored three td before a player from LH touched a bulldog with the ball. 

the game was high scoring and ended with a goal line stop for jasper to advance to the state championship. 

this game lines up to be very exciting with big time players making big time plays.  Neither team will dominate. A couple big plays will be the difference. 

On 11/17/2023 at 10:54 PM, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

There saying this PG team might be the best coming through. Some have picked them over carthage. We will see what happens friday night 🐅🐅

First, I’d like to say I’m a Brahma fan, I’m not interested in trash talking I just want my team to win just like Silsbee wants their team to win. There is some serious forum discussions on Dave Campbell’s Texas Football for all the teams still remaining but obviously for Carthage/PG game saying they will be the team for state championship. The teams stats specially. Just some insight…GO BELLVILLE!! 

If i'm missing something,would someone on this forum tell me what it is?....everybody in playoffs running up the score on their opponents and when Silsbee gets the game in hand they call off the dogs and play reserves....Is that a true comparison of the team?....IJS.....getting up by 20 and still playing starters just don't seem to be sportsmanlike....

24 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

If i'm missing something,would someone on this forum tell me what it is?....everybody in playoffs running up the score on their opponents and when Silsbee gets the game in hand they call off the dogs and play reserves....Is that a true comparison of the team?....IJS.....getting up by 20 and still playing starters just don't seem to be sportsmanlike....

I don’t think being up by 20 and still playing starters is unsportsmanlike at all… maybe in some soft world sure. 

13 hours ago, 09876 said:

I don’t think #8 has that level of athleticism- but I could be wrong. If you talk to that momma- he pretty headstrong and is gonna do what he wanna do. They don’t like like they worried about how to pay for college. 

My wife got her PHD from Texas A&M College Station. Brother its expensive. Thank goodness for scholarships to help. 

Let's be honest... the slot T was developed to give unathletic kids a chance to be competitive against another team with superior athletes.  It actually works a lot of time, until a defense is able to slow down the T's running.  

We ALL agree that Bellville's defense is completely unprepared for Silsbee's offensive attack.  The only question is whether Silsbee's defense can to do to Bellville what they've already done to Vidor.