#2 Silsbee vs #6 Bellville

BBfan061

What are these crazy passing numbers I’m hearing for Belleville?  17 completions on 24 total for the year.  At least that’s what MaxPreps has. 

Can a team with essentially no passing attack field a high quality secondary?

If not then this game comes down to protecting Moshier.  If he has time to throw I think the Tigers can score a little bit more than the Brahmas. 

10 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I saw Patrick Mahomes Jr at Whitehouse and didn't see what I see today. So there goes that theory. 

well here ya go here is fact for you.

2022  -5 rushing 31 receiving 0 tds

2023   66 rushing 54 receiving 0 tds

the two years against the DAWGS  that I saw personally combined totals 61 rushing and 84 receiving with 0 tds is at best average stats. 

@Silsbee92

6 hours ago, JimThorpe said:

What are these crazy passing numbers I’m hearing for Belleville?  17 completions on 24 total for the year.  At least that’s what MaxPreps has. 

Can a team with essentially no passing attack field a high quality secondary?

If not then this game comes down to protecting Moshier.  If he has time to throw I think the Tigers can score a little bit more than the Brahmas. 

Crazy huh? Lol

7 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

the two years against the DAWGS  that I saw personally combined totals 61 rushing and 84 receiving with 0 tds is at best average stats. 

@Silsbee92

According to you he isnt that good. According to college recruits, he's a 5 Star. I think I'll stick with college recruits. I wonder what his basketball stats are vs Jasper 😂😂😂😂

7 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

@Silsbee92

Will be 3X Allstate 1st team as well. Maybe you didn't see the Cuero game, WOS game, etc.... 

3 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

According to you he isnt that good. According to college recruits, he's a 5 Star. I think I'll stick with college recruits. I wonder what his basketball stats are vs Jasper 😂😂😂😂

nah. I didn't give kid his props at all did I ?

I will break it down even further for you . I was bragging about the fact of how well the DAWGS have defended him. Seeing is believing it's said so if I was to go by only what I saw in person it's nothing special. I guarantee no other team as held him to totals like that over 2 years.

I see a lot of talk about how Silsbee will get destroyed by Bellville....I went back and looked at the game between Madisonville & Bellville.....Madisonville had too many mistakes early in the game and compounded that with a lot of missed tackles....I don't see Silsbee making those mistakes and i know for a fact they will tackle better than Madisonville...# 5 is a good back for Bellville but so was Rayshon Smith (Sealy).....

20 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

I see a lot of talk about how Silsbee will get destroyed by Bellville....I went back and looked at the game between Madisonville & Bellville.....Madisonville had too many mistakes early in the game and compounded that with a lot of missed tackles....I don't see Silsbee making those mistakes and i know for a fact they will tackle better than Madisonville...# 5 is a good back for Bellville but so was Rayshon Smith (Sealy).....

Yeah Madisonville made some mistakes but a lot of that was Bellville forcing mistakes and causing problems up front. No disrespect to the smith kid but DD Murray is a good bit better than him. You say you don’t see Silsbee making those mistakes but I just don’t understand how you can watch the success Sealy had running the ball against the Silsbee defense and think that Silsbee will be ok vs a MUCH better Bellville offense. 

If I was a betting man (im do parlays alot), I'd say Bellville will rush for 250 yards as a team and Silsbee will pass for 250 yards as a team. No rain Friday night. Silsbee hasn't played a team that runs this well all year and I can guarantee Bellville hasn't seen a team like Silsbee on offense all year. Silsbee will need to force Bellville into 3rd and long as you knkw what's coming. Tbey don't like to throw the ball but could sneak one in like Sealy. The o/u I would put that 75pts. Silsbee 42 Bellville 40. 

2 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

I have not seen the kid play so I can't really judge. But a lot of the recruiting and star ratings come from camps. A&M picked up a 4 star player from a team Franklin played a few years ago. He was a good player but was no where on the level of at least 5 different players on the Franklin team. But because he was going to camps he got the more looks. And when I say he wasn't on the level of the Franklin kids I mean they would completely destroy him one on one on both sides of the ball. But by no means am I saying the kid isn't good. Just sometimes hate the way the star ratings work and great players from all over the state get over looked.

9 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

@Silsbee92

Yep. I can't argue with those numbers so I won't even try.  That would be idiotic.

Both games were really tough defensively.

Defensive mindset will be a difference from here on out.  Bend don't break against those power run games.

Jasper will always be a tough draw for Silsbee, both physically and mentally.

Its like execution goes out the window for some reason and all emotion replaces it.

Silsbee is more than Miller, though the confidence of Silsbee is in no small part a reason for being 25-1 last two years.

It allows other players to shine and become more than what they were two years ago.

Cartwright, Kibbles, Baltrip, etc.

It's called a team for a reason and I'm glad Miller is a part of our family.