Jasper at Silsbee

TexasBoy89

13 hours ago, Tigers94 said:

Speaking of PNG, this is interesting for anyone who wants a nostalgia trip.

I don't specifically remember the year or score, but I know Silsbee won the first game I attended against Jasper. The game ended in a tie, but Silsbee got the win for some reason. I know it was a very low scoring game. Randy Matthews was QB that year.

Games over off 7th street were crazy. Even if you didn't go and lived on 2nd street or something, you could hear nearly everything if you opened your door, and sometimes you didn't need to do that. Bet a lot of the people who lived even closer were glad when the games moved.

If you are talking about the game in Jasper, The Silsbee/Jasper game was a great hard hitting game that year. Both defenses could play some ball. It ended in a tie and the rule was to go to penetration (how many times each team got inside their opponents twenty yard line) each team had two, then it went to first downs and the Tigers had way more than the Bulldogs Silsbee 12/Jasper 4. Both teams were co-district champions but Silsbee was the #1 seed because of the tie breaker. 

Silsbee for the win but I am really only hoping to see a clean game. It would be a nice change to see. Its getting to be more and more common occurrence that the refs let the tension build up because they aren't calling the obvious fouls. Because as the fans always yell out "Let them Play Ref" "Its football" LOL. I was surprised both EC and OF didn't have at least one kid ejected each. 

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

From hours and hours of intensive film study.  

It's okay if you don't believe me... My guess is that the Jasper Coach will make sure that 99 doesn't line up over 73 anyways.  

that's exactly where he was lining up. 73 couldn't handle him last year either. 

tonight Horton hit the lottery with Tylon getting hurt.