Jasper at Silsbee

TexasBoy89

16 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Last years game in Jasper was raining and had like 30mph wind gust. It was a big storm heading that way. It seemed to rain every Friday night for thr Tigers 1st 3 playoff games. I see a cool night  and clear skys for this Friday. Wish I could make it down for this one 

why can't you?

10 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

ok whatever. if you want try and call somebody out ya need not be confused on why post about 99 came from. it was in response to a post about OL and DL ya joy then chimed in with a list of #s . which by the way aren't just offensive #s so I assumed they may be Linemen  being the conversation was about OL and DL.

maybe clears your confusion

I knew who you were speaking of.

But you did not know who they were speaking of. You just assumed those were defensive players. I was just letting you know they were offensive players so you wouldn't have them confused.

No confusion on my end. Carry on.

I am the Mayor of Silsbee..... I am retired now after running the newspaper in Silsbee for over 30 years and another 18 years or so in other locations in Colorado and Nebraska. Anderson Land, the Mayor of Jasper, and is also a very familiar voice on KJAS, called this week with a friendly wager that if Silsbee loses I will have to wear a Jasper Bulldog T-Shirt to the next Silsbee council meeting and he will wear a Silsbee Tiger shirt if Jasper loses. I am pretty confident that this is Silsbee's year so I jumped on the proposition. 

I've never worn that wanna be maroon color that Jasper holds so dear. The thought of it is well "revolting".

At any rate it is always fun to have our friends from Jasper County in for a visit and to be able to trade a few  barbs with them. I'm looking for a great game Friday night. 

2 minutes ago, scoopno1 said:

I am the Mayor of Silsbee..... I am retired now after running the newspaper in Silsbee for over 30 years and another 18 years or so in other locations in Colorado and Nebraska. Anderson Land, the Mayor of Jasper, and also a very familiar voice on KJAS, called this week with a friendly wager that if Silsbee loses I will have to wear a Jasper Bulldog T-Shirt to the next Silsbee council meeting and he will wear a Silsbee Tiger shirt if Jasper loses. I am pretty confident that this is Silsbee's year so I jumped on the proposition. 

I've never worn that wanna be maroon color that Jasper holds so dear. The thought of it is well "revolting".

At any rate it is always fun to have our friends from Jasper County in for a visit and to be able to trade a few  barbs with them. I'm looking for a great game Friday night. 

That’s fun; however, I should point out that as a gentleman who used to run a newspaper, your punctuation could use some help. Lol. 

On 10/29/2023 at 12:53 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

you must be delusional or just plain blind.  Silsbee gets a lot of area support in their long runs in football AND basketball.  Please crawl from under that rock, guy.

I go watch Silsbee play when PN-G isn't. Especially in the playoffs

This game should be recognized more for the rivalry it is. Its one of the greatest in SETX. 

JASPER, Texas — Longtime rivals Jasper and Silsbee met the first time since 2017 Friday night in the 409Sports Blitz Game of The Week and the stakes couldn't have been higher.

Undefeated Silsbee High School took home the District 9-4A-DII Championship after beating Jasper 26 - 23.

The series, that dates back to 1922, is led by Jasper 43-33-2.

Post from last season. 

My 1st Jasper vs Silsbee game I remember was 1988 the 10-10 tie. Silsbee I believe beat CE King in the 1st round and lost to Tomball in the Astrodome like 26-13. A guy I use to work with played on that Tomball team. I remember from 1990-1996, I would go to the Silsbee/Jasper game and go to the Beaumont Bowl the next day at Lamar. I always had a family member or 2 playing for Westbrook back then. 

58 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

This game should be recognized more for the rivalry it is. Its one of the greatest in SETX. 

JASPER, Texas — Longtime rivals Jasper and Silsbee met the first time since 2017 Friday night in the 409Sports Blitz Game of The Week and the stakes couldn't have been higher.

Undefeated Silsbee High School took home the District 9-4A-DII Championship after beating Jasper 26 - 23.

The series, that dates back to 1922, is led by Jasper 43-33-2.

Post from last season. 

After going back and researching the series, this is correct with the addition of last year's win.

Current series is 43-34-2 Jasper.

Silsbee will be trying for their 5th straight win and 7 of last 8 in this series.

One of my memories of Silsbee is my senior year in high school 1992/93 we won the district championship. That was the year we beat the Mighty Mustangs of WOS for the first time in a while. We lost 2 games that season. The first a preseason loss to Silsbee was 27-17. Then we got Silsbee at TJ Stadium in round 1 of the playoffs. It didn't go so well for PN-G with a 42-17 loss. That Silsbee team was stout. They had a RB we could not ever get our hands on. 

Speaking of PNG, this is interesting for anyone who wants a nostalgia trip.

I don't specifically remember the year or score, but I know Silsbee won the first game I attended against Jasper. The game ended in a tie, but Silsbee got the win for some reason. I know it was a very low scoring game. Randy Matthews was QB that year.

Games over off 7th street were crazy. Even if you didn't go and lived on 2nd street or something, you could hear nearly everything if you opened your door, and sometimes you didn't need to do that. Bet a lot of the people who lived even closer were glad when the games moved.

1 hour ago, prepballfan said:

One of my memories of Silsbee is my senior year in high school 1992/93 we won the district championship. That was the year we beat the Mighty Mustangs of WOS for the first time in a while. We lost 2 games that season. The first a preseason loss to Silsbee was 27-17. Then we got Silsbee at TJ Stadium in round 1 of the playoffs. It didn't go so well for PN-G with a 42-17 loss. That Silsbee team was stout. They had a RB we could not ever get our hands on. 

Jay McGuire Junior year

38 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

I don't specifically remember the year or score, but I know Silsbee won the first game I attended against Jasper. The game ended in a tie, but Silsbee got the win for some reason. I know it was a very low scoring game. Randy Matthews was QB that year.

Games over off 7th street were crazy. Even if you didn't go and lived on 2nd street or something, you could hear nearly everything if you opened your door, and sometimes you didn't need to do that. Bet a lot of the people who lived even closer were glad when the games moved.

We lived on 3rd st and I could sit in the yard and here the PA Announcer Mr Billberry I think it was. 

38 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

Old stadium was in the middle of a neighborhood was pretty cool of you think about it.