Jasper at Silsbee

TexasBoy89

8 hours ago, scoopno1 said:

It was my understanding that he would play but after I spoke with You (Aggie'sarewe) I ran into him and he stated that he would not play until next week. It could very easily be either way but I hope after he has sat out a whole year he does not play until they are sure he is elgible. 

That's what I thought. He is not eligible till Nov. 6.

Johnson will be eligible to play in the playoffs but not this week.

1 hour ago, Tigernutt said:

I believe you forgot to post the video of the Jasper player that Speared our receiver running a slant across the middle.

nope. I do remember the qb setting the wide out up for failure across the middle.

quit telling BS nobody was speared. if that the case it happened in front of the whole world, yet not one flag.  Surely if somebody was doing Hacksaw Jim Duggan at least one official would have called it.

anywho........

37 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

THIS!

There were no flags on either play, Silsbee Receiver was taken to Hospital with concussion, Jasper QB was taken out of the game, not sure on his injury?  But I do know the Silsbee kid that made the hit was punished and made to sit out the next game, which was homecoming against WOS. He also never did this type of infraction again, and was a big part of the road to the SEMIS in 2018.

The worst part of this story to me was, Jasper coach sending video to BMT news , with kids name, before Silsbee coach had time to deal with it. 

On 10/29/2023 at 8:30 AM, JaspD55 said:

There may be some Chippiness in this game, but what you wont have is the Racist, Racial component that has gone on from apposing fans and players, from couple other teams.  Last Friday night was bad. A 17 / 18 yr old kid can only take so much. Several of these Communities in this area were founded by Segregationist ideals, and we can argue all day as to the justification for it? But it carries over into these young kids on the field today , without us maybe realizing it. 

The un sportsmen like conduct penalties have been due to retaliation , and the kids are punished for it during the following week.    

This group of Young  men from Silsbee, are exceptional students, and handle themselves well in and out of the class room. Most have supporting hard working parents.  These kids are highly competitive , and most are three year starters. These kids do a lot of Football related things on their own, such as Team meetings, film work, weight room, and extra drills.  Silsbee has one of the toughest spring off seasons, and Boot Camp allowed in High School, go observe if you don't believe it. 

Tigers might not win this week, or go to Dallas, but they are 9 and 0 ,for a reason, and it's not just because they have several kids that can run and catch.  

Yeah.... If I came from a town that was the site of the worst hate crime incident in the modern era, I'd probably hold off on the racial insinuations towards others.  

20 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yeah.... If I came from a town that was the site of the worst hate crime incident in the modern era, I'd probably hold off on the racial insinuations towards others.  

Come on, man. There are people from all over SETX that supported what those idiots did. Don't paint Jasper with a different brush than everyone else. That's not fair.

Anyways, how the hell are ya? 😁

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

It wasn't a late hit but it was unnecessary roughness and should have been flagged for a personal foul.

It also was a cheap shot and no one should dispute that fact.

No, it wasn’t a late hit. Unnecessary roughness/personal foul? Cheap shot, yes.