Jasper at Silsbee

TexasBoy89

18 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I got chippyness in this one. 😁

There may be some Chippiness in this game, but what you wont have is the Racist, Racial component that has gone on from apposing fans and players, from couple other teams.  Last Friday night was bad. A 17 / 18 yr old kid can only take so much. Several of these Communities in this area were founded by Segregationist ideals, and we can argue all day as to the justification for it? But it carries over into these young kids on the field today , without us maybe realizing it. 

The un sportsmen like conduct penalties have been due to retaliation , and the kids are punished for it during the following week.    

This group of Young  men from Silsbee, are exceptional students, and handle themselves well in and out of the class room. Most have supporting hard working parents.  These kids are highly competitive , and most are three year starters. These kids do a lot of Football related things on their own, such as Team meetings, film work, weight room, and extra drills.  Silsbee has one of the toughest spring off seasons, and Boot Camp allowed in High School, go observe if you don't believe it. 

Tigers might not win this week, or go to Dallas, but they are 9 and 0 ,for a reason, and it's not just because they have several kids that can run and catch.  

9 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

You most be kin or like that previous soft and sensitive coaching staff member from 2018…

Nope I just know how Silsbee plays. 

There is plenty of Video of it on the World Wide Web.

Just ask the Bridge City people.  

Asking for a friend!        Are you inside your feelings again..........? 

IMO the refs share some blame when the games are allowed to get out of control. Clearly, some refs have their favorite teams or coaches, they overlook plays that are so blatant right in front of their eyes. WOS does do things that make no sense, let’s face it they are not going to take smack from any team and not verbally retaliate (This causes them to get flagged). I don’t re-call them ever being involved in a play where someone from the opposite team had to be life flighted out. We all know what happened to our beloved QB #12. UIL should review plays where a team has a history of aggression against their opponent’s week after week and the start to forfeit their games. Maybe then this type of behavior will stop!!

There may be more personal foul penalties than points in this game. I've been around this rivalry for over 40 years, but mostly from afar. As a kid, I always saw WO-S as a bigger rivalry, but the coaches we had and older people in the community would tell me that Silsbee was bigger by a country mile. Turns out they were right.

DCTF has Silsbee at -15 and that seems about right. There's no reason to dispute that based on what has happened this season. Jasper has gotten better as the season has gone on and games aren't won on paper or any man's opinion. I don't pick against Jasper and I won't this time, either. 

Jasper 10, Silsbee 9. We're about to see some of the hardest hitting since the famous 3-0 game in 1987 against the Mustangs. 

2 hours ago, pine curtain said:

Nope I just know how Silsbee plays. 

There is plenty of Video of it on the World Wide Web.

Just ask the Bridge City people.  

Asking for a friend!        Are you inside your feelings again..........? 

At least if you’re going to attempt to be funny with current slang, at least be smart enough to get it right.  It’s ’in your feelings’.  🤦🏿🤦🏿

How Silsbee plays?  What, playing football, beating WO-S Stark, making deep playoff runs, and apparently on the verge of an undefeated regular season?  If that’s the description of ‘how Silsbee plays’, I’m sure many people would take they any day.  

27 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

At least if you’re going to attempt to be funny with current slang, at least be smart enough to get it right.  It’s ’in your feelings’.  🤦🏿🤦🏿

How Silsbee plays?  What, playing football, beating WO-S Stark, making deep playoff runs, and apparently on the verge of an undefeated regular season?  If that’s the description of ‘how Silsbee plays’, I’m sure many people would take they any day.  

Sorry my translation book was not handy at the time I typed that.  You got the point so I assume you are still "N YO FEELINGS"

You ever notice with the success in sports Silsbee has the area doesn't get behind them and back them in the playoffs like they do WOS/PNG in the playoffs.

There is a few reasons................. 

2 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

Sorry my translation book was not handy at the time I typed that.  You got the point so I assume you are still "N YO FEELINGS"

You ever notice with the success in sports Silsbee has the area doesn't get behind them and back them in the playoffs like they do WOS/PNG in the playoffs.

you must be delusional or just plain blind.  Silsbee gets a lot of area support in their long runs in football AND basketball.  Please crawl from under that rock, guy.

48 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

I disagree Silsbee travels and fill thier staduim up. WOS game on the road they had more people in the stands than WOS

8 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

There may be some Chippiness in this game, but what you wont have is the Racist, Racial component that has gone on from apposing fans and players, from couple other teams.  Last Friday night was bad. A 17 / 18 yr old kid can only take so much. Several of these Communities in this area were founded by Segregationist ideals, and we can argue all day as to the justification for it? But it carries over into these young kids on the field today , without us maybe realizing it. 

The un sportsmen like conduct penalties have been due to retaliation , and the kids are punished for it during the following week.    

This group of Young  men from Silsbee, are exceptional students, and handle themselves well in and out of the class room. Most have supporting hard working parents.  These kids are highly competitive , and most are three year starters. These kids do a lot of Football related things on their own, such as Team meetings, film work, weight room, and extra drills.  Silsbee has one of the toughest spring off seasons, and Boot Camp allowed in High School, go observe if you don't believe it. 

Tigers might not win this week, or go to Dallas, but they are 9 and 0 ,for a reason, and it's not just because they have several kids that can run and catch.  

They win this week and we'll said. 

4 hours ago, pine curtain said:

I disagree!!! From Football to basketball I see a ton of folks from Beaumont, Lumberton, and Kountze at Silsbee llayoff games. PNG, Nederland, and Orange are alot bigger towns than Silsbee. Your point doesn't make sense..

4 hours ago, pine curtain said:

I would urge you to YouTube Silsbee playoff football and basketball games. Those stands are full. The Silsbee game i went to vs Cuero was packed!!! 

8 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Trash post!   Go cry and play victim on another site.

Blaming Silsbee’s lack of discipline on racism is a joke.   The WOS game is a prime example.   And they will play dirty, and run their mouth again this week, against another predominantly black team.

Silsbee has had a long track record of chippiness, and mouthing, regardless of the demographics of their opponent.

43 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

I would urge you to YouTube Silsbee playoff football and basketball games. Those stands are full. The Silsbee game i went to vs Cuero was packed!!! 

He doesn't know.

No support on the basketball front? That's just funny. Those b-ball games are full at home, and that's with people being able to watch them on Youtube if they wanted to.

This will be Silsbee's last game without Jacaleb Johnson. I don't know how much of an impact he'll make on varsity coming on so late, but we'll soon see.

5 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

He doesn't know.

No support on the basketball front? That's just funny. Those b-ball games are full at home, and that's with people being able to watch them on Youtube if they wanted to.

This will be Silsbee's last game without Jacaleb Johnson. I don't know how much of an impact he'll make on varsity coming on so late, but we'll soon see.

I had heard that he will be able to suit up for this game.

The referees and coaches can help to set the tone for this game. They need to step up and keep the game flowing and keep things in check. Players just need to play the game and not get sucked into all this past history of bad events. Tigers, Bulldogs play the game don’t make a bad decision for yourself and your team.  Good luck to both teams. 

All i ask is that the Silsbee coaches stress to the football team that being ranked #2 in the state already puts a target on your back because all the opponents you play will be bringing their best to knock you down a notch.....I know they are young men with emotions but also need to understand, just be cool when provoked.....Silsbee doesn't need to have anyone thrown out of the game.....you are on a mission to win a state championship....that is your only objective and you need everybody to contribute.....

55 minutes ago, PINETREE said:

All i ask is that the Silsbee coaches stress to the football team that being ranked #2 in the state already puts a target on your back because all the opponents you play will be bringing their best to knock you down a notch.....I know they are young men with emotions but also need to understand, just be cool when provoked.....Silsbee doesn't need to have anyone thrown out of the game.....you are on a mission to win a state championship....that is your only objective and you need everybody to contribute.....

Yes sir that’s the message,it is hard for the coaches too because they have to coach football and coach mentality…no doubt it can be done but every single person involved has to stay level,seen WOS lose deep in the playoffs many times because of the small things that add up.

Been to many Silsbee vs Jasper game through the years, and like all the rest there (well most of them anyways) will be plenty of energy and hard hits.  Speed and athleticism all over the field.  A few of the kids on the field friday will be stars at the next level and possibly the one after that.  Silsbee is the clear favorite (2 touchdowns sounds about right), but rivalry games have a way of being unpredictable. 

Jasper's offense is the key factor here.  They have struggle against better competition, and this fits the bill for that for sure. 

Looking forward to a good game. 

Know a lot of the Silsbee players. They work out off-season together with a lot of the Lumberton players and have been for the last 3-4 yrs. Many are over at my house quite a bit with my son and they hang out. Good boys! All of them that I’ve been around! I’m also not naive and realize that @ 15-18 yrs old it’s difficult to control your emotions at times. Physical sport, but have to learn when to shut it off after the whistle. Each team has players guilty!