WO-S vs BYE

Just now, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

so you and the head official are pals? 

I know Chad very well.

He was officiating some youth football games Saturday morning. My grandson was playing in one of them. Chad saw me and came over and showed me the text message.

Like I said, from that text, Crumedy was pleased with the officiating Friday night.

3 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

@AggiesAreWein all honesty, my post didn't have anything to do with what CC did or didn't text or his opinion. you talking about what "you saw" well the facts I posted is what I saw in person at the game.

anyone that was there, unless they straight up lie will tell exactly the same thing

Again, he may very well have been upset about the particular sequence you posted. All I am saying is in the text, he was overall pleased with the officiating that night.

I have not watched the video of the game yet so I do not have personal knowledge of that game.

12 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I know Chad very well.

He was officiating some youth football games Saturday morning. My grandson was playing in one of them. Chad saw me and came over and showed me the text message.

Like I said, from that text, Crumedy was pleased with the officiating Friday night.

do me favor and get a valid reasonable explanation for the end of the game?  Especially the "no time down"

no time = end of game

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Again, he may very well have been upset about the particular sequence you posted. All I am saying is in the text, he was overall pleased with the officiating that night.

I have not watched the video of the game yet so I do not have personal knowledge of that game.

It's a good watch

New event on Vimeo

Go to about 3:00 that's the last 2 drives. Would like your opinion.

36 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It's a good watch

New event on Vimeo

Go to about 3:00 that's the last 2 drives. Would like your opinion.

If you're asking my opinion on the officiating in the last minute, yes there is some confusion but in the end they got the calls correct. WO-S was able to spike the ball that should have stopped the clock. That is on the clock operator. Giving WO-S one un-timed down since the clock went to 0:00 was the correct call. Also, the interference call was done correctly because it is a spot foul and it's only 15 yards if the foul occurs over 15 yards.

Now if you are asking about the play of the Mustangs on the last drive, then I would question running the ball on that 2nd down play at the 6 with no timeouts. That hurt them with time. Had to rush the next play. Time management wasn't the greatest.

31 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

If you're asking my opinion on the officiating in the last minute, yes there is some confusion but in the end they got the calls correct. WO-S was able to spike the ball that should have stopped the clock. That is on the clock operator. Giving WO-S one un-timed down since the clock went to 0:00 was the correct call. Also, the interference call was done correctly because it is a spot foul and it's only 15 yards if the foul occurs over 15 yards.

Now if you are asking about the play of the Mustangs on the last drive, then I would question running the ball on that 2nd down play at the 6 with no timeouts. That hurt them with time. Had to rush the next play. Time management wasn't the greatest.

Exactly. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I was talking about the refs. We know where our mistakes have been. Thanks

2 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

Exactly. 

no not exactly the third down play when the player was tackled in bounds(there was also a offensive holding penalty,)the clock never should have stopped hence the no time down that came afterwards. try to validate it all you want it is what is.

NO TIME = END OF GAME(unless it's a defensive penalty on the play)

NOT give the offense another play. There is no valid argument

being a Homer or pals with an official doesn't make it any better

2 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

you and I sit and talked about the end of the game and you know it wasn't handled correctly.

I agree they missed so much. Should've never even got to that point. I also thought the last play was a horse collar when I saw it live. But looked clean after reviewing it later. 

4 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

no not exactly the third down play when the player was tackled in bounds(there was also a offensive holding penalty,)the clock never should have stopped hence the no time down that came afterwards. try to validate it all you want it is what is.

NO TIME = END OF GAME(unless it's a defensive penalty on the play)

NOT give the offense another play. There is no valid argument

being a Homer or pals with an official doesn't make it any better

I’m neither, and you are wrong. 

11 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

even better if the same officials are present (the ones who literally did all they could to give Blue&Silver a win).

the play before the "no time down" as ref called  they had about 9 seconds on the clock tried running a sweep wide left and the player was tackled in bounds and there was a offensive holding this is the kicker (cause time should have run out) they literally has stopped the clock with 3 seconds.  WHY? who knows!!!?!

But check this out, the ref then says there is going to be one " no time down" played.

What??!!? so they lined up for another play and qb was sacked!  if they weren't going to give a win maybe that there was of telling the coach "it's 4th down at the 16 yard line, try a field goal and play for OT"!

you can see it for yourself om kjas stream they had.

Im not a fan of that official. He attends to get flag happy specially in the stangs favor😂

2 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

this is as far as I am gonna entertain your need/want to debate. 

first I suggest you learn the rules. 

lastly, why would Blue&Silver fan that was at the game agree with me? anyone that knows the rules can see it.

take care.

There are times when an extension of play is allowed. Defensive penalty as you stated. Extra point after a touchdown is another reason for an extension after time has expired. Offsetting fouls in some circumstances can extend the play. Inadvertent whistle is another reason. An official sounds their whistle inadvertently or otherwise incorrectly signals the ball dead. There are a few other reasons too. I can look them up for you. 

You said “NO TIME = END OF GAME(unless it's a defensive penalty on the play)” You were wrong then and you are wrong now. It’s not a debate. 

Sorry you were wrong. 

clock is stopped and has 9 seconds left. the play begins (the clock starts at that moment) a sweep(run) to the left  the players avoids a couple tackles but then is tackled in bounds so the clock continues to run.  keep in mind 9 seconds . 

also offensive holding was called...............

yep time runs out so the game ends.

really simple concept. nothing else applies.  lol 

GO DAWGS.

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

clock is stopped and has 9 seconds left. the play begins (the clock starts at that moment) a sweep(run) to the left  the players avoids a couple tackles but then is tackled in bounds so the clock continues to run.  keep in mind 9 seconds . 

also offensive holding was called...............

yep time runs out so the game ends.

really simple concept. nothing else applies.  lol 

GO DAWGS.

Wait a sec. If the play was over with time remaining the clock would continue to run. But in this situation there was a penalty. So they stopped the clock to discuss, in length like all the others that took way too long. It was the clock operator that incorrectly let time expire. I think the whole no time down is the root of the problem. Maybe you'd feel better they would've put :01 back on the clock?

This can't be as bad as the > game a few years ago. We know who won this one. We'll... I know who lost it.

No disrespect intended to Jasper. They played a great game and made the plays needed to come back. They didn't just roll over and play dead. 

Go get em. Still a chance for a district championship right? Make sure at the end of the day your on the same side of the >

Back to WOS... how many teams that beat us will play in Jerryworld this year? Possibly 3. And I'm really hoping for one of those 2nd year coaches to get there.

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Wait a sec. If the play was over with time remaining the clock would continue to run. But in this situation there was a penalty. So they stopped the clock to discuss, in length like all the others that took way too long. It was the clock operator that incorrectly let time expire. I think the whole no time down is the root of the problem. Maybe you'd feel better they would've put :01 back on the clock?

This can't be as bad as the > game a few years ago. We know who won this one. We'll... I know who lost it.

No disrespect intended to Jasper. They played a great game and made the plays needed to come back. They didn't just roll over and play dead. 

Go get em. Still a chance for a district championship right? Make sure at the end of the day your on the same side of the >

Back to WOS... how many teams that beat us will play in Jerryworld this year? Possibly 3. And I'm really hoping for one of those 2nd year coaches to get there.

This is how I saw it too. Clock operator stopped the clock when officials blew their whistle for the flag. Clock was stopped with 3 seconds left. Next play, WO-S spiked it to stop clock but clock operator failed to stop it that is why WO-S was awarded an un-timed down for final play.

I heard Chad say plain as day that 1 second should be on clock but instead of waiting for the clock operator to put it back on they decided to go with the un-timed down.

That's how I saw it. Doesn't matter if I know the guy or not.

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

This is how I saw it too. Clock operator stopped the clock when officials blew their whistle for the flag. Clock was stopped with 3 seconds left. Next play, WO-S spiked it to stop clock but clock operator failed to stop it that is why WO-S was awarded an un-timed down for final play.

I heard Chad say plain as day that 1 second should be on clock but instead of waiting for the clock operator to put it back on they decided to go with the un-timed down.

That's how I saw it. Doesn't matter if I know the guy or not.

what it is so hard to understand that the play before the no time down was 3rd down it the kid was tackled in bounds so the clock keeps running when that happens. penalty flags don't stop the clock, I get the discussion amongst officials to determine what penalty is but and had it been on defense yes run another play but it wasn't. therefore you dont get another play . no time = game over 

instead they awarded them a no time down. as it was called by the ref.

1 minute ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

what it is so hard to understand that the play before the no time down was 3rd down it the kid was tackled in bounds so the clock keeps running when that happens. penalty flags don't stop the clock, I get the discussion amongst officials to determine what penalty is but and had it been on defense yes run another play but it wasn't. therefore you dont get another play . no time = game over 

When an official throws a flag as soon as the play ends he will wave his arms to stop the clock.

Now the question would be on the clock operator as to when he stopped the clock, before the play was whistled dead or when it was whistled dead?

And the play before the un-timed down was when WO-S QB spiked the ball. Clock operator let the time expire but should have had 1 second left.

I think the clock operator is more at fault here than the officials.

19 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

I already schooled you on the thread you locked up. Do you need me to do it again? Know the rules before you try to incorrectly apply them...

the announcers on the stream were wondering how it took place. he even says when the tackle on 3rd down was made " the Mustangs can't stop the clock"   the one guy says ," I have never seen this before"

even still when 4th the qb spiked the ball but somehow the refs blew whistle to add a second to the clock. AND they broke huddle with to many players. announcer even calls it.

know what though them DAWGS STILL WON !! LMAO!