Tigers Vs Longhorns (Battle of the Unbeaten)

RealTalkRob

4 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

Think H-F is better than Cuero?

I'll let you know after Friday night. 

To be fair I've only seen a few highlights of Cuero, but was told Giddings was able to move the ball on them, and it took a bit for them to put Giddings away. 

never know the pasture of Pain may put a kink in it. lol

1 hour ago, JaspD55 said:

I'll let you know after Friday night. 

To be fair I've only seen a few highlights of Cuero, but was told Giddings was able to move the ball on them, and it took a bit for them to put Giddings away. 

never know the pasture of Pain may put a kink in it. lol

I’m a Bellville resident… but also a realist… and it will be really tough for Bellville to beat Silsbee…. Because what Silsbee can do through the air on offense is Bellville’s weakness on defense lol

24 minutes ago, Tigernutt said:

Cueros problem is the strength of schedule.....Silsbees district is a gauntlet once you get thru it you are prepared for playoffs.

I dont think Cuero has much competition in their district like Silsbee does.....JMO

You are right about strength of schedule… and before I say what I’m about to say I do think Silsbee should’ve beat them last year.. BUT strength of schedule didn’t seem to bother Cuero last season 

35 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

You are right about strength of schedule… and before I say what I’m about to say I do think Silsbee should’ve beat them last year.. BUT strength of schedule didn’t seem to bother Cuero last season 

I thought we was talking about this year ?

Lots of stuff has changed since last year, #1 I BELIEVE OUR KICKER IS 100000% PERCENT BETTER and would probably give up one of his kidneys to redeem himself in NRG. #2 I think our defense is alot better than last year, we can cover the pass like nobodys business. The only thing that bothers me is all of these penalties, we have got to get more disciplined and act like we have been. No secret that the farther we go the harder it will be.

5 minutes ago, Tigernutt said:

I thought we was talking about this year ?

Lots of stuff has changed since last year, #1 I BELIEVE OUR KICKER IS 100000% PERCENT BETTER and would probably give up one of his kidneys to redeem himself in NRG. #2 I think our defense is alot better than last year, we can cover the pass like nobodys business. The only thing that bothers me is all of these penalties, we have got to get more disciplined and act like we have been. No secret that the farther we go the harder it will be.

We are talking about this year.. my point was Cuero played the same schedule last year to and still beat Silsbee. I’m not disagreeing with you that Silsbee will be the favorite to win IF these two teams meet… lots of football left to be played though 

35 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

We are talking about this year.. my point was Cuero played the same schedule last year to and still beat Silsbee. I’m not disagreeing with you that Silsbee will be the favorite to win IF these two teams meet… lots of football left to be played though 

Cuero had a better gameplan and made adjustments.  Silsbee had the playmakers.  

1 hour ago, BBfan061 said:

I agree 100%...Lots of football between now aand then and there is lots of undefeated good teams left !!

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Cuero had a better gameplan and made adjustments.  Silsbee had the playmakers.  

I think schedule toughness can wear a team down a bit, not just physically , but mentally. I think thats why Cuero got handled by Wimberly in Semis. Wimberly had a weaker route. As far as Silsbee goes, last year the bulk of the team was Juniors, This year it"s a senior based team, and that will help with the mental toughness, and limit some of the mistakes made in that Cuero game.

Not sure about Cuero game plan and adjustments, it did go 3 Overtime rounds. And they would still be playing, if on the last play of the game, Silsbee ran a bootleg, Fullback was primary receiver, Cuero Linebacker was holding him ( Tackled) So QB threw to Miller, in the back of the End Zone. As many times as they ran that play, never had to throw to secondary receiver, Miller not expecting it, had not timed his route correctly , and was already out of space, went Incomplete game over.

Things that didn't go well for Tigers in NRG, Hotter Temp for that time of year, and the narrow goal posts, and the bands in the end zone . ( created noise problems for Offense) So I was told by a very good source, that you will not see Silsbee in NRG again.

13 minutes ago, JaspD55 said:

I think schedule toughness can wear a team down a bit, not just physically , but mentally. I think thats why Cuero got handled by Wimberly in Semis. Wimberly had a weaker route. As far as Silsbee goes, last year the bulk of the team was Juniors, This year it"s a senior based team, and that will help with the mental toughness, and limit some of the mistakes made in that Cuero game.

Not sure about Cuero game plan and adjustments, it did go 3 Overtime rounds. And they would still be playing, if on the last play of the game, Silsbee ran a bootleg, Fullback was primary receiver, Cuero Linebacker was holding him ( Tackled) So QB threw to Miller, in the back of the End Zone. As many times as they ran that play, never had to throw to secondary receiver, Miller not expecting it, had not timed his route correctly , and was already out of space, went Incomplete game over.

Things that didn't go well for Tigers in NRG, Hotter Temp for that time of year, and the narrow goal posts, and the bands in the end zone . ( created noise problems for Offense) So I was told by a very good source, that you will not see Silsbee in NRG again.

I hope we have to worry about all of that in Jerry world !!

5 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

I was there…. The bands/temps/goalposts were the same for Silsbee and Cuero. 

What I did see was Silsbee having to convert 4 and long at the end of the game to stay alive. It seemed like Silsbee stayed in the game based on athleticism and luck… Cuero just kept executing. 

Cuero never kicked a returnable ball to Silsbee, but Silsbee kept kicking it to the kid from Cuero who would just gash the tigers for multiple big returns. 

That’s just my opinion based on what I saw-and there weren’t any D1 looking kids in green that day, as far as i could tell. 

1 hour ago, Silsbee92 said:

Well...

I expect someone will want to remind everyone and may put on a show now that their plans have changed.

#TigerNation

I don’t think plans changing means he will put on a show to remind people… he still has offers from just about every school. He will play like he normally does and thats great lol