FAYE: Hamshire-Fannett's latest win sets up collision course with Silsbee

AggiesAreWe

10 hours ago, vp93 said:

I would say coaching wise is pretty close. I have seen more of WOS, so maybe HF was off against Jasper? I wasn't impressed with either teams game plan in that game. 

What exactly did you see that indicates the quality of the coaching? Did a player not make a tackle or miss a block? 

22 hours ago, Reagan said:

Curious:  Which one do you think is the better coached team?

Unless your a fly on the wall during Sunday game planning, and watching it implemented in every practice, 99.9% of people want have a clue , who is the best coached team, especially in a equally talented matched game.

The question you should be asking about HF and Jasper, or any matchup for that matter is, Which team has the most and best Coachable Players. Now in an equally talented matchup , 99.9% of the time ,that team will win. 

3 hours ago, JaspD55 said:

Unless your a fly on the wall during Sunday game planning, and watching it implemented in every practice, 99.9% of people want have a clue , who is the best coached team, especially in a equally talented matched game.

The question you should be asking about HF and Jasper, or any matchup for that matter is, Which team has the most and best Coachable Players. Now in an equally talented matchup , 99.9% of the time ,that team will win. 

110%

Same week as the Rice Festival you get this article.  HF coaching staff has their work cut out to keep the young men focused.  Yes, it's WOS.  BUT, teenage boys are going to be teenage boys. 

No adult should have ever written something like this for anything below the college level and even then it would be questionable. This was borderline journalistic malpractice. 

The last sentence of the article is horrible.  Nice way of making yourself into a story. 

Some of you may find what I state here over the top, but almost any coach in HF's position this week would likely say to the himself, "you gotta be kidding me!" when seeing that this was printed. 

If I am looking at the standings correctly, only two teams at this moment control their own destiny as far as at least a tie for the district championship. Of course a co-champion will determine playoff spots by head to head and then probably point spread.

Even if either Silsbee or HF (or both) loses tonight, they still control their own destiny for at least a co-champion spot.

Obviously any team can get on a losing streak and wreck their season. At this moment in time however, only two teams in a position that they control.

All that to mean, I don’t see the big to do over this article other than locker room material. Would it really matter in this case? I don’t think that HF would take WOS lightly regardless of being undefeated. It isn’t like they have been dominating the world for the last two decade. 

5 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

FYI, this was an opinion piece. A column piece. In this particular case, Matt is being paid to write his opinion.

Also, @tvc184 Silsbee doesn't play tonight but I get your point.

I posted this because I thought it was interesting with the fact that HF has a big game tonight.

Great topic. Look at the response it generated.