West Orange Stark vs Hamshire-Fannett

monknuk68

On 10/3/2023 at 9:32 AM, YodaQuaterback said:

In light of H-F's recent substantial victory, there exists the plausible scenario wherein they may commence the upcoming contest with an initial period of sluggishness. Under such circumstances, it stands to reason WOS could exploit this potential vulnerability by securing an early advantage, thereby positioning themselves favorably to claim victory in this impending encounter. In my prognostication, I anticipate a closely contested affair, with the margin of victory limited to a solitary score. Specifically, I posit a scenario in which WOS wins 40 to 35, thus affirming the potential for an exhilarating and closely-fought match.

Another “scenario” is “WOS beats the brakes off of HF”

22 hours ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

I remember Vidor beating French the year they won state. 

I believe Mike Pierce former long time WOS asst. football coach was QB on that '84 Vidor team, before moving on to become an All American defensive back at McNeese.  That '84 Bmt. French team had some solid players & coaches on that state title run where they were double digit underdogs in every playoff game. Steve Shaver-HC, Mark Gilbeaux at QB, Paul Jones at RB, Melvin Turner at TE\DE, Jeff Turner at FB\LB, Willie Williams, Cedric Jones & Keith Wycoff were a tough 3 man WR group to cover. Those were some good times for Bmt. high school Football.  

As much as I love my Longhorns after a hard fought Jasper victory, combined with kids being out all week for Rice Festival I think WOS takes this one by 14. Now if HF gets up early different story.. that’s the key… HF has alot more speed then Jasper. Big too just depends on if they are focused