Snapshot Day

AggiesAreWe

10 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

3A 2 cutoff was 250 last year. Newton turned in 260. As of now Newton is 255. Will probably stay 3A2 but is close to going down. 

Hemphill is currently under 250 so it looks like they will certainly move down.   I'm terms of travel this will benefit Hemphill but I'm curious as to how it effects Newton.

On 9/29/2023 at 6:54 PM, UncleSi said:

Hemphill is currently under 250 so it looks like they will certainly move down.   I'm terms of travel this will benefit Hemphill but I'm curious as to how it effects Newton.

Hemphill moving down "affect Newton"? Be similar to a "tree falling in the forest with no one around to hear the sound". 

Last alignment Hemphill 273.   
Newton 260. Newton is at 255 now and the last cutoff was 250.   
Hemphill has done away with there JV and moved them to their varsity. We do not know what the new cut off number will be.  Hemphill sayes they are at 250 now. These figures may not be accurate or final. I got my figure from a good source. 

On 10/1/2023 at 8:34 PM, 89Falcon said:

Hemphill moving down "affect Newton"? Be similar to a "tree falling in the forest with no one around to hear the sound". 

Well, evidently you didn't understand what I was questioning.......  if Newton stays up and Hemphill moves down how will the affect district placement for Newton?????  You already have New Waverly and Anderson Shiro in that district which are roughly 110 miles away from Newton.....  come on guy I wasnt asking for any other reason  other than district placement.... ppppfffftttt...

23 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

Last alignment Hemphill 273.   
Newton 260. Newton is at 255 now and the last cutoff was 250.   
Hemphill has done away with there JV and moved them to their varsity. We do not know what the new cut off number will be.  Hemphill sayes they are at 250 now. These figures may not be accurate or final. I got my figure from a good source. 

I think Newtons numbers will keep them in 3A but Hemphill will more than likely move down.  The number that I was given by an administrator at Hemphill was 249 and they stated that it was steadily decreasing.

7 hours ago, UncleSi said:

I think Newtons numbers will keep them in 3A but Hemphill will more than likely move down.  The number that I was given by an administrator at Hemphill was 249 and they stated that it was steadily decreasing.

Regardless, if Newton moves down, I think newton will opt. to stay where they are.

23 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

They will move down if they can. No one wants to be the smallest school in the classification 

Well I think Newton's case might be a little different. They're probably more concerned with things like travel distance for games rather than being able to compete. 

On 10/6/2023 at 7:37 PM, UncleSi said:

I think the number turned in is on daily attendance for high school.

5 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

I think the number turned in is on daily attendance for high school.

Was told again today by a Hemphill ISD employee in the know that they would be well below cutoff numbers to move down......  who knows, moving down isn't gonna help Hemphill though... may actually get stuck in a tougher overall district.  There may not be a Newton caliber team but they may get stuck in a district with Timpson, Garrison, Joaquin, San Augustine, and Shelbyville.....  Hemphill can't play with Timpson or Garrison and SA and Joaquin are extremely young talented teams this year........

In their current district Hemphill can at least compete for 2nd through 4th every year....  Hemphill hasn't won a playoff game IN ANY SPORT (BOYS OR GIRLS) in like 15 years.......  Too many "Chiefs" in town telling everybody "how to do it" and not supporting the program.....  this is why there has been sooooooo many AD/HFC's in Hemphill over the past 20 years......  absolutely ZERO "Culture" in Hemphill...  Too many Peewee football coaches that are also school board members that could teach Tom Landry a thing or two about coaching in Hemphill.  LOL!!