HOW?!?

Dirty_but_Dazzling

I know that high school football is a way of life in Texas but however, I don't understand. Do they need a new stadium when they already have a big one? Prosper used to play their games at some middle school which used to be their high school (which probably middle school/junior high and Sub-varsity games are played there now as well as soccer). Could that money better used toward something else like spending on teachers and students?

I'm not surprised at the price, with today's prices and interest rates. If the stadium in the pic with the article is a 43 million $ stadium (or maybe it was 48 mil, I don't remember), then the 94 mil$ new one could still be quite modest, especially if it includes an elevator, good seating, electronic scoreboard and all that goes with that, and a nice concession stand with multiple restrooms. Hamshire-Fannett approved a 1-1/2 mil concession stand a couple of years ago, before inflation, that I presume included restrooms. 

4 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

This trend won't stop in Texas. It's hard to believe that they got the support to do this and there's something fishy about it. 

did you read all the way through the article?  If they have 3K students coming in every year there is a lot of money moving in with them. Not to mention new housing, businesses etc.

On 9/25/2023 at 9:49 AM, 1970 said:

I'm not surprised at the price, with today's prices and interest rates. If the stadium in the pic with the article is a 43 million $ stadium (or maybe it was 48 mil, I don't remember), then the 94 mil$ new one could still be quite modest, especially if it includes an elevator, good seating, electronic scoreboard and all that goes with that, and a nice concession stand with multiple restrooms. Hamshire-Fannett approved a 1-1/2 mil concession stand a couple of years ago, before inflation, that I presume included restrooms. 

If that concession stand 1.5mil they got hosed.

22 hours ago, Bigdog said:

did you read all the way through the article?  If they have 3K students coming in every year there is a lot of money moving in with them. Not to mention new housing, businesses etc.

So tons of new students coming in and they are building a SMALLER stadium than the one they have now and was built 4 years ago? Did I read that right? Nearly 150 million in football stadium expense over 4 years? 

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

So tons of new students coming in and they are building a SMALLER stadium than the one they have now and was built 4 years ago? Did I read that right? Nearly 150 million in football stadium expense over 4 years? 

Apparently.  Also building a bunch more schools.   I don't know if they are going to use both stadiums like Katy does since they have so many high schools but that would make sense.

3 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Apparently.  Also building a bunch more schools.   I don't know if they are going to use both stadiums like Katy does since they have so many high schools but that would make sense.

That seems much more plausible if they need additional stadiums and are not doing a replacement.