Jump to content

HOW?!?


Dirty_but_Dazzling

Recommended Posts

I know that high school football is a way of life in Texas but however, I don't understand. Do they need a new stadium when they already have a big one? Prosper used to play their games at some middle school which used to be their high school (which probably middle school/junior high and Sub-varsity games are played there now as well as soccer). Could that money better used toward something else like spending on teachers and students?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not surprised at the price, with today's prices and interest rates. If the stadium in the pic with the article is a 43 million $ stadium (or maybe it was 48 mil, I don't remember), then the 94 mil$ new one could still be quite modest, especially if it includes an elevator, good seating, electronic scoreboard and all that goes with that, and a nice concession stand with multiple restrooms. Hamshire-Fannett approved a 1-1/2 mil concession stand a couple of years ago, before inflation, that I presume included restrooms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

This trend won't stop in Texas. It's hard to believe that they got the support to do this and there's something fishy about it. 

did you read all the way through the article?  If they have 3K students coming in every year there is a lot of money moving in with them. Not to mention new housing, businesses etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/25/2023 at 9:49 AM, 1970 said:

I'm not surprised at the price, with today's prices and interest rates. If the stadium in the pic with the article is a 43 million $ stadium (or maybe it was 48 mil, I don't remember), then the 94 mil$ new one could still be quite modest, especially if it includes an elevator, good seating, electronic scoreboard and all that goes with that, and a nice concession stand with multiple restrooms. Hamshire-Fannett approved a 1-1/2 mil concession stand a couple of years ago, before inflation, that I presume included restrooms. 

If that concession stand 1.5mil they got hosed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Bigdog said:

did you read all the way through the article?  If they have 3K students coming in every year there is a lot of money moving in with them. Not to mention new housing, businesses etc.

So tons of new students coming in and they are building a SMALLER stadium than the one they have now and was built 4 years ago? Did I read that right? Nearly 150 million in football stadium expense over 4 years? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aki1994 said:

So tons of new students coming in and they are building a SMALLER stadium than the one they have now and was built 4 years ago? Did I read that right? Nearly 150 million in football stadium expense over 4 years? 

Apparently.  Also building a bunch more schools.   I don't know if they are going to use both stadiums like Katy does since they have so many high schools but that would make sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bigdog said:

Apparently.  Also building a bunch more schools.   I don't know if they are going to use both stadiums like Katy does since they have so many high schools but that would make sense.

That seems much more plausible if they need additional stadiums and are not doing a replacement. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    45,991
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086
    Joined


  • Posts

    • Anahuac will be much better than some of those listed in the top 25. It will not take long for them to be ranked. 
    • Slightly more black than white in Section 8.    This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up But that’s completely understandable based on the percentage of single parent households  in those respective communities. 
    • How does the doorman’s decision make Trump a racist?
    • But this is the type of thing I’m talking about. Are black people to stupid to get a photo ID? That’s what liberals would have us believe. Requiring everybody to provide a photo ID when voting is discrimination towards blacks? Gimme a break.    It’s a proven fact that black people commit the majority of violent crimes in America, despite making up only 13 percent of the population. But racism is the reason that there are more black people in jail for committing violent crimes? Duh.    The majority of individual wealth is comprised of our homes… but it’s exceptionally hard for single moms of any race to achieve home ownership. When 75% of AA kids are born to single moms, it’s not surprising that more black kids grow up in rent houses and apartments.    I know a young man that dropped out of high school, got arrested a couple times, has three baby mama’s did some actual time, likes to smoke a lot of weed, has neck tattoos and can’t speak the King’s English. You’d say “well, that’s institutional racism, the legacy of our original sin of slavery, and the effects of growing up in poverty.” I’d say, “hold up… you’re completely wrong-this kid is white and he’s just an eff-up.”  But you give no possibility to the idea that a lot of problems are self-inflicted, not the ol’ racist boogey man.    And there wasn’t a current racist policy in that article. There was a lot of conjecture on the part of the author, trying to pin outcomes on racism, without a single shred of evidence, other than the outcomes.    Racist laws and policies against minorities have been illegal since 1964. You can’t point out a single policy that’s discriminatory to minorities in 2024. Racism is imagined at this point. 
    • There are black and whites on Section 8. Probably more white people.
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...