2023 Dallas Cowboys

2 minutes ago, baddog said:

I’ll take my Cowboys. If we’re going to win it all, we’re going to have to beat teams like SF. 

Should be a good one.  Sunday night prime time!  I watched about 10 minutes or so of yesterdays game and the Pats looked bad... real bad.  When the camera would show Belichick he looked lost and like he could careless about being there.

33 minutes ago, Right99JOH said:

Should be a good one.  Sunday night prime time!  I watched about 10 minutes or so of yesterdays game and the Pats looked bad... real bad.  When the camera would show Belichick he looked lost and like he could careless about being there.

Great defense can make a team look bad alright. 

7 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Quinn’s defense is the most overrated defense in the NFL, They have to have the worst secondary in the NFL. McCarthy’s play calling is bad and you simply can’t win with Prescott at QB. The 49ers are embarrassing them

I take it you're a "glass half empty" kind of guy.

I guess you thought the defense looked pretty good vs the cardinals and 49ers and Prescott is beginning to lead the league in interceptions When is the last time they have won a superbowl Please remember that all these experts talked about this being their big year and how fantastic Quinn is

Had a pretty good OC last year. It seems all McCarthy believes in is 3 yard routes

I don’t care if the glass is half empty or half full. I believe in obvious facts and as of right now the Cowboys are not even close to being good

9 hours ago, spidersal said:

I guess you thought the defense looked pretty good vs the cardinals and 49ers and Prescott is beginning to lead the league in interceptions When is the last time they have won a superbowl Please remember that all these experts talked about this being their big year and how fantastic Quinn is

Had a pretty good OC last year. It seems all McCarthy believes in is 3 yard routes

I don’t care if the glass is half empty or half full. I believe in obvious facts and as of right now the Cowboys are not even close to being good

My point being is the vast majority of your posts on this website is of the negative nature. You seem to like to point out the negative. Doesn't matter the team or the subject. Rarely do you make a positive post other than "good game".

Now I am no Dallas fan and this last game certainly has no positives to it, but your posts definitely have an obvious pattern to them.

A freshly painted door is in front of you and your eyes focus on the one tiny tiny speck that was missed.

That's my point of "glass half empty"

4 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

My point being is the vast majority of your posts on this website is of the negative nature. You seem to like to point out the negative. Doesn't matter the team or the subject. Rarely do you make a positive post other than "good game".

Now I am no Dallas fan and this last game certainly has no positives to it, but your posts definitely have an obvious pattern to them.

A freshly painted door is in front of you and your eyes focus on the one tiny tiny speck that was missed.

That's my point of "glass half empty"

a truer point has never been made.  he is legitimately the most negative poster in the history of the site.  Thank God he's not a WOS fan.

Yes I understood your point and you are probably right

The majority of my posts come from frustration on teams I root for

I am simply not a fan of poor football, poor coaching, and underachievement 

I probably shouldn’t post after being totally disappointed watching underachieving teams, but usually have to let the facts out on how bad they played, whether it be bad coaching, a lack of talent, etc

12 hours ago, spidersal said:

Yes I understood your point and you are probably right

The majority of my posts come from frustration on teams I root for

I am simply not a fan of poor football, poor coaching, and underachievement 

I probably shouldn’t post after being totally disappointed watching underachieving teams, but usually have to let the facts out on how bad they played, whether it be bad coaching, a lack of talent, etc

"Underachieving" isn't an accurate way to describe a team with bad coaching and a lack of talent. 

I've been a Dak apologist for a long time, but I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that he's just a guy that beats most bad teams he plays and loses to most good teams. Nothing more nothing less.

2 hours ago, BEARCPA said:

"Underachieving" isn't an accurate way to describe a team with bad coaching and a lack of talent. 

I've been a Dak apologist for a long time, but I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that he's just a guy that beats most bad teams he plays and loses to most good teams. Nothing more nothing less.

this is right, I just figured it out sooner than you.  a pretty good game manager, and possibly the best QB against bad teams in the history of the league.  If he could find even a fraction of that type of success against good teams he'd be an elite qb.  but he hasn't, and he can't.  If he can't lead THIS team deep in the playoffs, he's never leading ANY team deep in the playoffs.  I look at the quality around him and wonder what might've been if Romo had enjoyed this kind of talent on both sides of the ball.  But I actually know: if Romo had the team around him that Dak has had the last 5 years or so, he would've won multiple rings.

4 hours ago, bullets13 said:

this is right, I just figured it out sooner than you.  a pretty good game manager, and possibly the best QB against bad teams in the history of the league.  If he could find even a fraction of that type of success against good teams he'd be an elite qb.  but he hasn't, and he can't.  If he can't lead THIS team deep in the playoffs, he's never leading ANY team deep in the playoffs.  I look at the quality around him and wonder what might've been if Romo had enjoyed this kind of talent on both sides of the ball.  But I actually know: if Romo had the team around him that Dak has had the last 5 years or so, he would've won multiple rings.

Your Romo sentiment could possibly be true. We will never know. However, the knock on Romo was the same as Dak…..playoff wins. I do think we need to see some Trey Lance or Cooper Rush. Can’t do any worse.

12 hours ago, baddog said:

Your Romo sentiment could possibly be true. We will never know. However, the knock on Romo was the same as Dak…..playoff wins. I do think we need to see some Trey Lance or Cooper Rush. Can’t do any worse.

The difference between the two was Romo would put up 35, the defense would allow 38, then everyone would call Romo a choker for not being able to go 70 yds in 15 seconds to win it.  He also was awesome without an offensive line

2 hours ago, bullets13 said:

The difference between the two was Romo would put up 35, the defense would allow 38, then everyone would call Romo a choker for not being able to go 70 yds in 15 seconds to win it.  He also was awesome without an offensive line

True, but he never shook off the bobbled FG attempt. He was shamed for that for years. Dak looked like the man replacing an injured Romo and Zeke looked like the needed RB. Things change….OCs, and especially the money, which I think ruins a lot of them. I was a Dak fan in college. Right now, I’d like to see Trey Lance or Cooper Rush. 

3 hours ago, baddog said:

True, but he never shook off the bobbled FG attempt. He was shamed for that for years. Dak looked like the man replacing an injured Romo and Zeke looked like the needed RB. Things change….OCs, and especially the money, which I think ruins a lot of them. I was a Dak fan in college. Right now, I’d like to see Trey Lance or Cooper Rush. 

I can't comment on Lance, but Rush isn't half the qb that Dak is, as little as that says.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

I can't comment on Lance, but Rush isn't half the qb that Dak is, as little as that says.

The people that like to yell "but he was 4-1 as the starting QB when Dak was hurt!" are pretty dense. The Cowboys won those games in spite of Rush, not because of him. The defense allowed an average of 13 points per game during that 4 game winning streak,

9 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

The people that like to yell "but he was 4-1 as the starting QB when Dak was hurt!" are pretty dense. The Cowboys won those games in spite of Rush, not because of him. The defense allowed an average of 13 points per game during that 4 game winning streak,

a qb throwing for 175 yds and 1 TD a game isn't going to win crap over the course of the season, but that's what he averaged during that 4-1 stretch.  

• 2 weeks later...