West Orange-Stark (20) @ Port Neches-Groves (26) - FINAL

jdawg03

6 minutes ago, dj said:

W.o isn't gonna win every state title every year.even in losing seasons this is the worse coaching staff since 1980. When McCarthy was there.smh.why wouldn't u kick the extra point and up 4. But ,u tried to make it a 5 pt game. W.o got soft up the middle bcz there tired and they want send there LBS.i feel so bad for these kids.smh.

Yes. I do not understand not kicking the extra point to go up by 4, knowing PNG can easily kick long field goals to tie the game… which they did. Looks like you guys got us (Newton) next week. Newton is young and has only played 1 game this season. I’m looking forward to a good game. 

1 minute ago, BEARCPA said:

Looked like Turner had all kinds of room to run before his 2nd down incompletion 

He did.the kid was tired!! He has heart. But name another O/C stands on the sideline and calls plays??he's not given these kids a chance!! The middle of the field was open all nite.and he wouldn't try a pass there.these kids are been limited bcz,  of guys that doesnt have a clue !

Man only if WOS had some depth… those kids played both ways the whole game minus 3 players. Prayers to Adams and hope it’s not serious. I don’t mean to take away from PNG win, but they are in trouble. Not sure how long shea is out, but the soph gonna have to pick it up quick! WOS was gassed and couldn’t keep up with png depth. And for gods sake, get a kicker WOS!!!! Hopefully 17 is ok cause it seems that’s all WOS really have. Kinda sucks both starting QB’s got injured. 

5 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

Looked like Turner had all kinds of room to run before his 2nd down incompletion 

That's when they should run him. On called pass plays. When he just takes off and runs on the snap the whole defense comes in and see it. But on a pass you back up the LB and that created holes for him to take off and run if nobody ain't open down field 

4 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

Not impressed with png at all. If wos was a typical wos team this would be a blow out. But wos ain't wos anymore. 

Coaching !! And our kids deserve better bcz they are trying.our whole community deserves better.all the head guys that are calling thing aren't front orange!! They never won.and they don't know the tradition.supt truly blew this one.heck he isn't from orange.

7 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

Not impressed with png at all. If wos was a typical wos team this would be a blow out. But wos ain't wos anymore. 

Honestly we are regrouping from last year. Lost great talent on offense. I see potential with Bailey at QB and Ngyune and Shea at slot. Propsprie was a great receiver last year and is tough to replace

2 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Man only if WOS had some depth… those kids played both ways the whole game minus 3 players. Prayers to Adams and hope it’s not serious. I don’t mean to take away from PNG win, but they are in trouble. Not sure how long she’s is out, but the soph gonna have to pick it up quick! WOS was gassed and could keep up with png depth. And for gods sake, get a kicker WOS!!!! Hopefully 17 is ok cause it seems that’s all WOS really have. Kinda sucks both starting QB’s got injured. 

No bro it's not all they have.the oc and the DC are standing on the sideline.go to the press box.trahan only ran 5 plays.if they play somebody sorry.he throw the kitchen sink at them.ill never know how they got these jobs.this isn't little league.he will call a play from the sideline and hope it works.

2 minutes ago, dj said:

Coaching !! And our kids deserve better bcz they are trying.our whole community deserves better.all the head guys that are calling thing aren't front orange!! They never won.and they don't know the tradition.supt truly blew this one.heck he isn't from orange.

Well I know png couldn't pass the ball. And typically wos keys on the run and stuffs it and makes you beat them with the pass. But the new defense has proven not to stop the run. It is not suited for our players 

Another thing they have done it for years but I don't get is rolling the qb out to one side of the field for a pass. Your basically cutting the field in half telling the defense what side your throwing it to. Plus making your qb throw on the run... stay in the pocket look left, look right. And if nothing ain't there maybe pick a hole to run though and pick up some yards 

12 minutes ago, Sportsguy17 said:

Well I know png couldn't pass the ball. And typically wos keys on the run and stuffs it and makes you beat them with the pass. But the new defense has proven not to stop the run. It is not suited for our players 

Exactly, the Stangs knew what was coming and couldn't stop it....Mystique is gone. Injuns still a good football team but missing some weapons. One dimension will only get you so far, gotta find an answer to the lack of a passing game.

Take away Turner and WOS wins 3 games.    Such a poor offensive scheme, and poorly coached team.  Every extra point chart and coaching philosophy in the world tells you to kick the extra point up 3.    You NEVER go for 2 in that situation.    

They still have the jimmy’s and Joe’s though.   Sad for such a proud and great program to settle for that.