Just curious on your opinions. Had this discussion at work last week.

prepballfan

Is there a team in the area that you feel that makes our coverage area better when they are a successful program? I have had this discussion at work a few times and wondered what your opinions were. I have always felt that the teams below fit into that category excluding my team of course.

#1 West Orange-Stark

#2 Newton Eagles

#3 Dayton Broncos

#4 Nederland Bulldogs

#5 Any Beaumont School

#6 Jasper Bulldogs

#7 North Shore Mustangs

#8 East Chambers Bucs

#9 Silsbee

# 10 Crosby

A couple of others I would consider would be

BH, Corrigan-Camden, San Augustine, and PAM.

7 minutes ago, prepballfan said:

Is there a team in the area that you feel that makes our coverage area better when they are a successful program? I have had this discussion at work a few times and wondered what your opinions were. I have always felt that the teams below fit into that category excluding my team of course.

#1 West Orange-Stark

#2 Newton Eagles

#3 Dayton Broncos

#4 Nederland Bulldogs

#5 Any Beaumont School

#6 Jasper Bulldogs

#7 Katy Tigers

#8 North Shore Mustangs

#9 East Chambers Bucs

#10 Silsbee

Crosby, BH, Corrigan-Camden, San Augustine, and PAM.

Katy has never been in our coverage area.

4 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Katy has never been in our coverage area.

Thanks I thought in the past they were. Much appreciated. Also Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to this site and HS sports in generally. You have been such an integral part of Setxsports.

When Crosby is winning I think that it leads to everyone else getting interested because either A) they like to support the region (PNG, PAM, Beaumont Fans) or  They really hate Crosby (Vidor, BH, Nederland, used to be Dayton.) So i'd be willing to bet that Crosby being good does wonders for the engagement levels of this website at the very least. 

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

not sure about making our coverage area better, but when lumberton does well it is good for the site.  not as crazy last year as it was several years past, but lumberton's last good team before this one brought a lot of traffic to the site.

The year they beat La Marque was pleasant. Shutdown the site damn near during that playoff run. 

6 minutes ago, Cougtalk said:

When Crosby is winning I think that it leads to everyone else getting interested because either A) they like to support the region (PNG, PAM, Beaumont Fans) or  They really hate Crosby (Vidor, BH, Nederland, used to be Dayton.) So i'd be willing to bet that Crosby being good does wonders for the engagement levels of this website at the very least. 

Crosby...nah.  SETX is up on the map when WOS, Newton, PNG, Nederland, and Jasper are winning.

3 hours ago, prepballfan said:

#1 West Orange-Stark

#2 Newton Eagles

#3 Dayton Broncos

#4 Nederland Bulldogs

#5 Any Beaumont School

#6 Jasper Bulldogs

#7 North Shore Mustangs

#8 East Chambers Bucs

#9 Silsbee

# 10 Crosby

BH, Corrigan-Camden, San Augustine, and PAM.

I’m not sure I totally understand. What do you mean when you say “…makes our coverage area better.”?

I also am not sure I understand the question. But I think if you look at the fan bases that travel good to away games that is a gage in community interest. PNG is on a different level than most. Silsbee has a good fan base. WOS if they make deep run. Lumberton has begun to travel good. Nederland will pack the house if they are winning. Jasper quick to pick up a crowd. More people interested in a school will result in more forum chatter. When Vidor gets on a win streak and it goes thru the roof. 

4 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

I think Crosby draws a lot of random engagements to the site when we’re winning but we’re still kind of adopted. For instance, if we somehow beat CE King tomorrow it’s going to be a lot bigger deal to us around beltway and the Houston high school shows than it will be in this coverage area. 

I consider our area to be pretty good at supporting other area teams when they're doing well. During our playoff run last year, they're were fans from many area schools in the stands with us. 

Any team in this area that goes deep, will have this areas support behind them...including Crosby.🤣

22 hours ago, Gameday2 said:

I also am not sure I understand the question. But I think if you look at the fan bases that travel good to away games that is a gage in community interest. PNG is on a different level than most. Silsbee has a good fan base. WOS if they make deep run. Lumberton has begun to travel good. Nederland will pack the house if they are winning. Jasper quick to pick up a crowd. More people interested in a school will result in more forum chatter. When Vidor gets on a win streak and it goes thru the roof. 

Lumberton has always traveled good for the most part...