School loans

Big girl

21 minutes ago, Big girl said:

Nope. I was told that it would be paid off in 10 years. The loan was bought several times and this happened. That is why my loan was forgiven. It has been 20 years. Do any of you accept FEMA aide

Maybe actually read the contract next time, lol.

Never taken a dime of government assistance, have absolutely no problem with folks that need a hand up when in a bind, but that shouldn’t exist long term and definitely shouldn’t be for paying off loans for folks making good money.

Oh well, it works, the democrats have successfully bought your vote by throwing you some crumbs.

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Maybe actually read the contract next time, lol.

Never taken a dime of government assistance, have absolutely no problem with folks that need a hand up when in a bind, but that shouldn’t exist long term and definitely shouldn’t be for paying off loans for folks making good money.

Oh well, it works, the democrats have successfully bought your vote by throwing you some crumbs.

How are you paying off my loan I paid 50000 on a 27000 loan. It is paid in full. They made their money

2 hours ago, baddog said:

Steal from people and then rub it in their faces. You’re a real pip. Of course you have been that way with everything in your life. 
Funny how people don’t talk about interest rates on loans until after they have it secured. 
Is that the way you paid for your vehicle. Thought you had paid enough so you stopped payment?

My vehicle has a 3% interest rate. Whyvdo you take money from FEMA. Shouldn't you have flood insurance

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

Some of you guys are big mad. Oh well. I am student loan free.

Another friend

I've tried explaining that to Morons and they can't grasp how Interest rates work and how horrible they were, I've read about 60 year Olds still owing the amount of orginal loan..GREED.

Another friend

This is great news. Congratulations 🎉

Another friend

Congratulations,  I'm in that boat with my Master's. No fun.

Sounds like you don’t know how to manage your money

1 hour ago, Big girl said:

How are you paying off my loan I paid 50000 on a 27000 loan. It is paid in full. They made their money

You paid $2000 by your own admission, you forced others to cover the remaining $25,000.

These predatory lenders would cease to exist if there were no borrowers like yourself that don’t even read a contract.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

You paid $2000 by your own admission, you forced others to cover the remaining $25,000.

These predatory lenders would cease to exist if there were no borrowers like yourself that don’t even read a contract.

I said only 2000 went towards the principle. The other money was for interest 

15 hours ago, Big girl said:

My vehicle has a 3% interest rate. Whyvdo you take money from FEMA. Shouldn't you have flood insurance

My daughter had a credit card that had 23% interest. Should the government have paid off the interest?

I sold my boat and my camper and added a weekend job to help pay for my son's tuition instead of taking a loan like you did. Should I get reimbursed?

I didn't take any FEMA money. I have flood insurance. Should FEMA send me money anyway?

Your pitiful justification for taking mine and other hardworking people's tax dollars (many of whom make much less than you do) is sickening. 

On 8/24/2023 at 8:58 AM, Big girl said:

I make 6 figures and most likely make more money than a lot of you on this forum; therefore, I pay more taxes. I paid around 50000 for a 27000 loan.

You've had a loan for 20 years, make more than 4x the loan amount yearly, and haven't even made a dent in the loan?  Nobody should be paying that loan but you.  What terrible fiscal responsibility.   That's inexcusable, as is the govt paying off loans for people doing it.   There should be ZERO loan forgiveness, but if it's got to exist, it should be for people who actually need it.  You do not.  My wife took out 11K in student loans 3 years ago to get her masters and we've paid them off already, and neither us makes anywhere near $100K a year.  We've managed that while paying a 15-year note on a mortgage and two car notes.   It's really not difficult.  

12 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

My daughter had a credit card that had 23% interest. Should the government have paid off the interest?

I sold my boat and my camper and added a weekend job to help pay for my son's tuition instead of taking a loan like you did. Should I get reimbursed?

I didn't take any FEMA money. I have flood insurance. Should FEMA send me money anyway?

Your pitiful justification for taking mine and other hardworking people's tax dollars (many of whom make much less than you do) is sickening. 

Again, explain how you are paying off my loan. 

1 minute ago, bullets13 said:

You've had a loan for 20 years, make more than 4x the loan amount yearly, and haven't even made a dent in the loan?  Nobody should be paying that loan but you.  What terrible fiscal responsibility.   That's inexcusable, as is the govt paying off loans for people doing it.   There should be ZERO loan forgiveness, but if it's got to exist, it should be for people who actually need it.  You do not.  My wife took out 11K in student loans 3 years ago to get her masters and we've paid them off already, and neither us makes anywhere near $100K a year.  We've managed that while paying a 15-year note on a mortgage and two car notes.   It's really not difficult.  

Again, I paid 50,000 on a 27000 loan because of the way they applied the interest barely touching the interest

21 hours ago, Big girl said:

Another friend

So many people are just plain "haters" and need to mind their own business. Those that have their loans forgiven then help stimulate the economy which is largely part of the reason the govt put the loan forgiveness program in place.  Tell those "haters" to kick rocks!

what a nonsensical argument.  you're making 100k a year, but now you're going to stimulate the economy because you're not making a minimum student loan payment anymore?  You've been stimulating the economy.  If you haven't managed to pay that loan off, then you've been blowing your money on something.  There should be no relief for people who have $900 car notes and  $1500 mortgages but are making  min payments on their student loans each month.  

13 hours ago, DonTheCon2024 said:

ITT- Bunch of old broke snowflakes in the lowest tax bracket getting ultra triggered by someone who makes more money and pays more taxes than them 

I know you're smarter than this.  Apart from just trying to upset people, there's no possible way you think that this is a good idea, surely.