*Friday, Aug. 11 Scrimmages*/Post updates here

AggiesAreWe

7 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Franklin 5 tds total with 3 picks. One a sack int and one would have went to the house had the refs not blown it dead. 

China Spring 2 total tds. Last td looked short on goal line but it's a scrimmage so who cares.

Biggest thing is both teams came out healthy.

Seems like y'all ready for a 3-peat then I assume 

1 hour ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

LCM 15 yrd TD Pass. PAT good.

20-6 Bears.

Both these teams are well coached should be in great position come playoffs. Bears are very balanced offense and weren't fooled by the slot T. Orangefield playing up 2 divs and it shows that the still need some experience in the backfield. Lots of fumbles and slips. 

There still playing but I'm out. Good luck to both my neighbors this season. Nice to see the stadium lights on again. My first trip back to Bear country in 25 years. Can they get rid of the community horse troughs in the restrooms?

Peevey is aware of the restroom situation lol. It'll change when they flip the home side to the visitor stands. 

1 hour ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

How is that possible? I believe the UIL sets the numbers. Lets not ignore the fact that LCM is scrimmaging a significantly smaller school and not dominating. That should be a red flag for what is to come in district play.

Spoken like someone who wasn't at the game. LoL

Let's not put a lot of weight on scores when it comes to scrimmages... Keep in mind a good portion of the offense will more than likely be a run option with a quarterback which is something you shouldn't practice in a scrimmage. I counted at least six forced fumbles/turnovers in the Bears favor.

All in all the Bears looked good for their first scrimmage and got over 2 hours of live practice against another quality ball club. The real test will come next Thursday when the 5A state finalist come to town. The goal is to get better every week and start to peak around district/playoffs. 

27 minutes ago, lionpride08 said:

Lots of games between now and then. And only time will tell.

Well y'all are the hunted now that's without question... But I was talking to a friend of mine tonight ( he played for Brenham when they they was making noise back in the 2000's) and he looked at yall's scrimmage tonight and he was like y'all looking like the new Carthage out there right now (time will tell about that notion).

9 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Yeah I was expecting PAM to completely steam roll WB. The Bruins defense is solid and tackled well. The WB offense is non-existent. That play calling is straight trash! PAM has a couple burners at WR. The QB has a cannon. They will be a tough out when they all get on the same page.

Is Jason Smith still the OC at Brook?!

10 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Maybe WOS are reloaded again this season 

WOS has to be loaded and ready for a State Championship. I know my friends in Woodville say we are better this year than last. Surely there is Ocean Front property in Woodville. No way we quit with 10 minutes left in the Scrimmage.? That would not have been helpful for anyone. 

23 minutes ago, longball24 said:

WOS has to be loaded and ready for a State Championship. I know my friends in Woodville say we are better this year than last. Surely there is Ocean Front property in Woodville. No way we quit with 10 minutes left in the Scrimmage.? That would not have been helpful for anyone. 

Unless there's property on the Neches I highly doubt it but to my understanding the Eagles did quit 10 minutes into it.... But on our side of things 2 linemen was injured on the offensive side but not entirely serious enough so I'm switching up my picks for district right now. (I'll switch them every week and like my man Stephen A. says the list is fluid lol)

10 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Well y'all are the hunted now that's without question... But I was talking to a friend of mine tonight ( he played for Brenham when they they was making noise back in the 2000's) and he looked at yall's scrimmage tonight and he was like y'all looking like the new Carthage out there right now (time will tell about that notion).

Looking for a 4th straight state apperance but 5th in the last 9 years. I hope we fly under the radar and people keep watching Hitchcock and Columbus. Stepp has them in the region final.

2 hours ago, GATA! said:

I'm just messing around hoping someone would correct me with some actual info on it.

I think AggiesAreWe was at the scrimmage, did anybody ask him how it went?