Crosby 2023

Cougar14.2

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

What am I selling? The reason I said Willis might not be the right for for Crosby is because we’re NOT like places like BH. We have more people that work in the “service” side of the O&G, more diversity and more diverse opinions on how to go about things. If we can keep superintendents from robbing the kids then we’ve still done pretty well as a district historically though. The current supt. may not be the biggest proponent of the sports programs but she’s doing an awesome job for the district in general. 

The reason BH is relatively competitive across the board is two reasons. One, the district is heavily subsidized by the refineries in town and two, the sports like baseball and softball that you’re eluding to have lot more to do with disposable income than they do anything else. There are more black girls on Oklahoma’s roster than you might see the whole weekend at a travel ball tournament during the Summer. It’s to a slightly lesser extent in travel baseball but only because those coaches are more willing to come up with “payment arrangements” when you can get you hands on prospects from inner-city Houston like Carl Crawford and Michael Bourne. 

BH isn’t really “great” at any sports besides girls softball, y’all just dump a lot of money into the programs so your floor is generally higher than others across the board. Which is commendable for the kids’ sake. 

Say man, don't hate on ISD's being propped up by Oil Cooking 👀 PA, PN, et al would like to have a word Sir lol

16 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Y’all just messin. Truthfully I think Crosby takes 3rd and by the end of the regular season should be much improved. We will see if there ready for the Eagles by week 4.

Man, I ain't ever seen somebody with so much confidence after finishing 1 point out of 4th place. Myles hands the ball off like he should have and Coach P got on to him for not doing then BH finishes in 4th place, goes 6-5 and the discussion would be "Does BH make the playoffs this year?". Instead you're on here talking about how you think Crosby and BH are going in opposite directions. Let's look though 

BH last 5 years: 

2022 - 2nd place (2nd rd)

2021 - 4th place (2nd rd)

2020 - 3rd place (2nd rd)

2019 - 1st place (3rd rd)

2018 3rd place (1st rd) 

Crosby last 5 years:

2022 - 4th place (1st rd)

2021 - 1st place (5th rd)

2020 - T-1st  place (state finals)

2019 - 2nd place (2nd rd)

2018 - Missed playoffs for only time in last 18 years 

So when you don't use Dallas Cowboys logic I can say Crosby went from missing the playoffs to being one game away from consecutive state final appearances. Meanwhile, BH went from finishing 3rd to one point away from consecutive 4th place finishes over that same time span. Nobody besides a Barber Hill Cowboys fan would say "You know what, BH is the team that is really on the come". If that was the case we wouldn't be peeling off quality talent from your program. 

5 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Man, I ain't ever seen somebody with so much confidence after finishing 1 point out of 4th place. Myles hands the ball off like he should have and Coach P got on to him for not doing then BH finishes in 4th place, goes 6-5 and the discussion would be "Does BH make the playoffs this year?". Instead you're on here talking about how you think Crosby and BH are going in opposite directions. Let's look though 

BH last 5 years: 

2022 - 2nd place (2nd rd)

2021 - 4th place (2nd rd)

2020 - 3rd place (2nd rd)

2019 - 1st place (3rd rd)

2018 3rd place (1st rd) 

Crosby last 5 years:

2022 - 4th place (1st rd)

2021 - 1st place (5th rd)

2020 - T-1st  place (state finals)

2019 - 2nd place (2nd rd)

2018 - Missed playoffs for only time in last 18 years 

So when you don't use Dallas Cowboys logic I can say Crosby went from missing the playoffs to being one game away from consecutive state final appearances. Meanwhile, BH went from finishing 3rd to one point away from consecutive 4th place finishes over that same time span. Nobody besides a Barber Hill Cowboys fan would say "You know what, BH is the team that is really on the come". If that was the case we wouldn't be peeling off quality talent from your program. 

Yeah and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

Eagles record over the kittens in 5 years.

2018 BH won 49-30

2019 BH won 28-7

2020 lost to the once in 80 year fluke kittens 34-7

2021 lost 53-46 in OT to the second greatest kitten team ever and a blind Ref..

2022 BH won 28-27 in OT

2023-  BH wins 35-14

34 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

Yeah and if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

Eagles record over the kittens in 5 years.

2018 BH won 49-30

2019 BH won 28-7

2020 lost to the once in 80 year fluke kittens 34-7

2021 lost 53-46 in OT to the second greatest kitten team ever and a blind Ref..

2022 BH won 28-27 in OT

2023-  BH wins 35-14

Like I said, 1 point away from consecutive 4th place finishes in the golden era of BH football. All you highlighted is that Crosby can beat teams after Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, all y’all have demonstrated the last two years is that you put so much effort into the Crosby game that y’all collapse the next week as evident from the loss to La Porte last year and PNG the year prior. 

Lol, listen to you logic. You beat a 4th place team by 1 point at home on the last play of the game, a team that lost by 27 at home the next week to KP, and now you feel like that team is 21 points better than Crosby with no significant personnel improvements?

Y’all depending on Herndon coming off two ACL’s to save y’all on the outside? Crosby’s defense was bad last year and y’all barely got 28 at home. If they don’t screw us on that intentional grounding call or that 4th int your QB threw that was called back, y’all are probably sitting there wondering if Abseck is really improving the program at all after going 6-5 with a first round L to Longview. And that was a down year for Crosby, we know that was an abnormally good year for BH as evident from their 2nd place finish. 

30 minutes ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Like I said, 1 point away from consecutive 4th place finishes in the golden era of BH football. All you highlighted is that Crosby can beat teams after Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, all y’all have demonstrated the last two years is that you put so much effort into the Crosby game that y’all collapse the next week as evident from the loss to La Porte last year and PNG the year prior. 

Lol, listen to you logic. You beat a 4th place team by 1 point at home on the last play of the game, a team that lost by 27 at home the next week to KP, and now you feel like that team is 21 points better than Crosby with no significant personnel improvements?

Y’all depending on Herndon coming off two ACL’s to save y’all on the outside? Crosby’s defense was bad last year and y’all barely got 28 at home. If they don’t screw us on that intentional grounding call or that 4th int your QB threw that was called back, y’all are probably sitting there wondering if Abseck is really improving the program at all after going 6-5 with a first round L to Longview. And that was a down year for Crosby, we know that was an abnormally good year for BH as evident from their 2nd place finish. 

Just saying y’all get ready for your Super Bowl the Eagles are coming to stomp 🤟 No significant improvements sure just bringing back a 2,800 all purpose QB with all of his weapons plus the kid that torched y’all in the infamous blind Ref game. BH bringing back 7/6 while y’all bring back 5/4 not to mention the kittens returning 17 to BH’s 24 from last year. Y’all can’t even get a Freshman team together for Gods sake. Not to mention our Coach is in year 2.5 while y’all in in .5😂😂😂😂😂. Y’all should be worried about repeating 2018. You only got about 6 weeks left so talk while you can because after that I’ll just point to the scoreboard. 🤔

21 hours ago, BHFAN said:

Just saying y’all get ready for your Super Bowl the Eagles are coming to stomp 🤟 No significant improvements sure just bringing back a 2,800 all purpose QB with all of his weapons plus the kid that torched y’all in the infamous blind Ref game. BH bringing back 7/6 while y’all bring back 5/4 not to mention the kittens returning 17 to BH’s 24 from last year. Y’all can’t even get a Freshman team together for Gods sake. Not to mention our Coach is in year 2.5 while y’all in in .5😂😂😂😂😂. Y’all should be worried about repeating 2018. You only got about 6 weeks left so talk while you can because after that I’ll just point to the scoreboard. 🤔

Lol, the kid that torched us two years ago coming off two ACL’s in less than a year? You must’ve heard something different about how he looked than I did? Not to mention Davis was on crutches this Spring after knee surgery. 2,800? Myles had over 3,500 and 50 tds and we went 6-5 the next year. Repeating 2018 when we were ranked #2 in the state after beating Manvel before Howard tore his ACL in Vidor’s mud pit? Yeah, I’ll be glad to repeat that without the injuries or the financial crisis that was impacting the school at the time. 

You see BHFan, even in a year we missed the playoffs we still did more than y’all ever have in 5A. If I was you I would be more worried about my QB throwing three more picks, the refs calling it square and y’all getting run out of the building as y’all have been so many times before. 

Nice free agent pickup for the Cougars today. If there was one place we could’ve used some playmakers it was on the defensive line, particularly at DT. Well, today we got one out of Oxnard, California/Oxnard High School. Not necessarily as visually appealing as some of the physical specimens we’ve added this off-season but had a a solid very sophomore season at what would be considered a 6A school here in Texas(enrollment around 2,800). 

This makes the 8th eligible transfer or addition of a player that was ineligible last year this offseason. Seven of those players could start if the Dayton transfer wins a job and four of the five defensive starters should be high impact guys. Would’ve loved maybe a corner and guard but as a Crosby fan I don’t think the off-season galant acquisition process could’ve gone any better. Very good size for the Cougars across the board this year. 

13 hours ago, BHFAN said:

No idea how anyone is going to beat Crosby this year. Goodluck to all that try

I agree, could be like '21 when we ran through PAM and then turned around and did the same to BH and the rest of the district when we had talent similar to what we do this year. As for BH, I don't think the 1 pt saves their season this year and they revert back to their normal 3rd and 4th place finishes that they've been known for since they've moved up to 5A.  Heck, y'all were in a tight one with Porter for the vast majority of the game, a loss there would've had y'all in 5th. 

At the end of the day BHFan nobody is worried about a 5'9" QB who rushed for negative yards in multiple games, threw 11 picks(more than Myles threw in his whole career), had a 57% completion rate, a running back who looked scared last year and will be the main back this year, and a couple kids coming off knee surgeries that will be heavily depended on. Your best players this year are Miller Malone and 5'8" 145lbs Cyler Williams in the slot. When y'all don't have Crosby kids like Casey Collier this is usually what y'all look like though, so I'm expecting BH's usual 3rd or 4th place finish. Maybe a complete miss if y'all lost to La Porte again. 

Looking back on last year Coach P and staff did a heck of a job with duct tape and super glue to get Crosby in the playoffs. 

Offensive injuries: 

Cyrin Myles - Missed 2 games. A knee I think? 

Kade Eudy - Missed 3 games. Cut finger on metal basketball net at elementary school while dunking basketball after reading to 3rd graders.

Levi Fontenot - Missed 3 games(one series against Sterling). Broken collarbone because he doesn’t know how to fall down. 

Wesley Yarbrough - Missed 5 games. Sprained ankle in practice 

Braden Womack - Missed 3 games. Top receiving threat who cut open finger catching football when ball hit the seam of the glove requiring multiple stitches. 

Kristen Roberson - Missed 5 games. Fastest kid on the team and was supposed to be our deep threat. Concussion I believe? Never really got back right. 

Defensive injuries: 

Ayden Jones - Missed 4 games. Summer Creek transfer and a flat out baller. Only D1 signee from Crosby last year. Tore knee ligament on first series of game against CE King while celebrating after making a TFL on 3rd down. Played the rest of the year with a heavy brace. 

Cole Langley - Missed 3 games. Knee injury limited him even in most of the games that he did play. One of the 6’4” bookend DE’s we’ll be counting on this year 

Roberson/Womack - We were depending on them as two way starters like the Womack/Kirkwood two way combination in ‘21. Had to play some younger kids and had some struggles but I think will be better for it this year. 

Tough year to lose all those kids when we didn’t have that much depth to begin with.  Complete inverse of ‘21 where the only impactful injury was Jones turning his turning his ankle in practice the week of the Liberty Hill game and not being able to go. Hopefully we can stay healthy this year. Injury plagued seasons like ‘15, ‘18 and ‘22 have really cost us. 

2 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

Looking back on last year Coach P and staff did a heck of a job with duct tape and super glue to get Crosby in the playoffs. 

Offensive injuries: 

Cyrin Myles - Missed 2 games. A knee I think? 

Kade Eudy - Missed 3 games. Cut finger on metal basketball net at elementary school while dunking basketball after reading to 3rd graders.

Levi Fontenot - Missed 3 games(one series against Sterling). Broken collarbone because he doesn’t know how to fall down. 

Wesley Yarbrough - Missed 5 games. Sprained ankle in practice 

Braden Womack - Missed 3 games. Top receiving threat who cut open finger catching football when ball hit the seam of the glove requiring multiple stitches. 

Kristen Roberson - Missed 5 games. Fastest kid on the team and was supposed to be our deep threat. Concussion I believe? Never really got back right. 

Defensive injuries: 

Ayden Jones - Missed 4 games. Summer Creek transfer and a flat out baller. Only D1 signee from Crosby last year. Tore knee ligament on first series of game against CE King while celebrating after making a TFL on 3rd down. Played the rest of the year with a heavy brace. 

Cole Langley - Missed 3 games. Knee injury limited him even in most of the games that he did play. One of the 6’4” bookend DE’s we’ll be counting on this year 

Roberson/Womack - We were depending on them as two way starters like the Womack/Kirkwood two way combination in ‘21. Had to play some younger kids and had some struggles but I think will be better for it this year. 

Tough year to lose all those kids when we didn’t have that much depth to begin with.  Complete inverse of ‘21 where the only impactful injury was Jones turning his turning his ankle in practice the week of the Liberty Hill game and not being able to go. Hopefully we can stay healthy this year. Injury plagued seasons like ‘15, ‘18 and ‘22 have really cost us. 

Ah the year of excuses…good times. Crosby Softer than grandma’s Sofa

10 hours ago, Cougar14.2 said:

I agree, could be like '21 when we ran through PAM and then turned around and did the same to BH and the rest of the district when we had talent similar to what we do this year. As for BH, I don't think the 1 pt saves their season this year and they revert back to their normal 3rd and 4th place finishes that they've been known for since they've moved up to 5A.  Heck, y'all were in a tight one with Porter for the vast majority of the game, a loss there would've had y'all in 5th. 

At the end of the day BHFan nobody is worried about a 5'9" QB who rushed for negative yards in multiple games, threw 11 picks(more than Myles threw in his whole career), had a 57% completion rate, a running back who looked scared last year and will be the main back this year, and a couple kids coming off knee surgeries that will be heavily depended on. Your best players this year are Miller Malone and 5'8" 145lbs Cyler Williams in the slot. When y'all don't have Crosby kids like Casey Collier this is usually what y'all look like though, so I'm expecting BH's usual 3rd or 4th place finish. Maybe a complete miss if y'all lost to La Porte again. 

That QB you’re not worried about lit the kittens up for 393 yards last year while all world Myles threw for 189 yards the same game 😂 yeah nothing to see here. Cyler received more yards than Myles threw for at 190….nothing here either. Keep writing that locker room material 😂