"Try that in a small town"

wbfan

53 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

That again, is reaching for an answer.

Who watched that video for the first time and immediately said, oh my gosh, that is a courthouse where a person was lynched 100 years ago. Likely no one  

Who would recognize it? Probably a better question would be, who did the research to find something in the video to be offended by? Why would anyone try to google something in the background in a song? Was this courthouse some well known symbol of racism? If so, why was Hannah Montana mostly filmed not only in that city, Columbia, TN, but at least one scene shot at the very same courthouse? Maybe Mikey Cyrus was pushing a hidden agenda on racism in front of that apparently well known symbol of hate…. that no one would recognize unless they were told to do so.

If a person are looking for that nail, he will find it.

Not that I would expect most people to view this 34 minute clip from Candace Owens. If a person is so inclined, scroll to the 8 minute mark and see Hannah Montana coming out of the same courthouse. Then go to around the 15 minute mark and look at some of the lyrics of current top 40 music. 

You can't dictate when someone should feel offended, and  I can't dictate what should offend you.

On 7/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, wbfan said:

I'm not surprise a lot of redneck, trailer trash like that song. Lot of folks in these small towns would love to do what they did back in the day if they could get away with it.

As opposed to wholesome gangsta' rap lyrics extolling the virtues of raping, killing, drugging, pimping and thuggin', correct, wbfan?     

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, Big girl said:

You can't dictate when someone should feel offended, and  I can't dictate what should offend you.

When a bottle of syrup offends you, you have a big problem.  Are you offended by lyrics of some of the thug rappers music, when they talk about killing cops?  Or, do you give them a pass because of the color of their skin?

7 hours ago, Big girl said:

The song doesnt bother me at all. He said it is not about race, so I believe him. If it is about race then it only shows that he is an idiot. I don't like violent rap music, but here is why some people find the country song offensive.

This is the hidden content, please

I gotta say, it was a terrible choice of a back drop for the video.

57 minutes ago, BS Wildcats said:

When a bottle of syrup offends you, you have a big problem.  Are you offended by lyrics of some of the thug rappers music, when they talk about killing cops?  Or, do you give them a pass because of the color of their skin?

Do you know the story regarding the name of that syrup? The person on the bottle is based  on a minstrel show. I am not talking about Nancy, either. I don't like trap music

7 hours ago, Big girl said:

Good thing I never mentioned dictating feelings.

All I said was that there is almost no way that someone saw that video and went, OMG! A guy was lyched there 100 years ago.

That would mean that someone was actively looking at different aspects of the video and doing a Google searches to try to find a reason to be offended.

6 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

What do this have to do with bet .. or hip hop this is a county artist banned by CMT. Rap lyrics have nothing to do with either. I doubt CMT will play most rap songs.

Who said it had anything to do with hip-hop?

35 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Did you read previous posts. Snoop dogg this rap lyrics this as if it has any bearing on CMT decision.

It’s called selective outrage, you know Hypocrisy.

I believe I’ve already posted it but CMT is owned by Paramount which is just another left leaning Woke Corporation, no surprise by their actions.

2 hours ago, Unwoke said:

It’s called selective outrage, you know Hypocrisy.

I believe I’ve already posted it but CMT is owned by Paramount which is just another left leaning Woke Corporation, no surprise by their actions.

That still don’t have anything to do with snoop dogg or rap music. Take that up with paramount. CMT.

8 minutes ago, PAMFAM10 said:

That still don’t have anything to do with snoop dogg or rap music. Take that up with paramount. CMT.

I don’t  know any other way to explain it. I guess my Crayon is not big enough for you to comprehend. You must be kin to Big Girl.  

3 hours ago, PAMFAM10 said:

Did you read previous posts. Snoop dogg this rap lyrics this as if it has any bearing on CMT decision.

That doesn’t have anything to do with any other genre.

It is a comparison of lyrics. It’s also called an analogy. 

For example… 

A guy sings a country song and at some point the lyrics say, “don’t mess with me or I’ll hurt you”.

Someone who listens to rap is outraged at such violent lyrics. At the same time we find out that his favorite rap song has a verse that says, “don’t mess with me or I’ll hurt you”. 

That is selective outrage.

Every person absolutely has the ability and right to be selectively outraged.

We are just calling it for what it is. 

39 minutes ago, tvc184 said:

For example… 

A guy sings a country song and at some point the lyrics say, “don’t mess with me or I’ll hurt you”.

Someone who listens to rap is outraged at such violent lyrics. At the same time we find out that his favorite rap song has a verse that says, “don’t mess with me or I’ll hurt you”. 

It’s no evidence that anyone Who listen to rap has issue with the song. Hip hop artists don’t fall under paramount.  paramount can do what it wants with it business hip hop aint its business. Who are theses people that are outraged? It’s no evidence that if paramount owned bet or anything in hip hop they wouldn’t or would do the same.

1 hour ago, tvc184 said:

For example… 

It’s useless to keep trying to explain something to him!  Just like any good Dem/Lib, he doesn’t get it or doesn’t want to.