"Try that in a small town"

wbfan

29 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

lol, smh

1. Can you quote a verse if the song that you’re specifically opposed to? Or is it just something you heard was bad? I’m not a huge Jason Aldean fan, but I’ve read the lyrics, and I’m wondering what part(s) offend you? Maybe you can open my eyes  

2. Whose music or what genre of music do you like? I like at least bits just about any genre you can name that’s mainstream. 

1 minute ago, SmashMouth said:

1. Can you quote a verse if the song that you’re specifically opposed to? Or is it just something you heard was bad? I’m not a huge Jason Aldean fan, but I’ve read the lyrics, and I’m wondering what part(s) offend you? Maybe you can open my eyes  

2. Whose music or what genre of music do you like? I like at least bits just about any genre you can name that’s mainstream. 

I'm assuming you meant to quote wbfan. 🙂

15 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I'm assuming you meant to quote wbfan. 🙂

You are correct sir. 

1 hour ago, wbfan said:

I'm not surprise a lot of redneck, trailer trash like that song. Lot of folks in these small towns would love to do what they did back in the day if they could get away with it.

18 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

@wbfan Please see my quoted post above. 

6 hours ago, wbfan said:

I'm not surprise a lot of redneck, trailer trash like that song. Lot of folks in these small towns would love to do what they did back in the day if they could get away with it.

You are probably one that claimed a bottle of syrup and a box of rice are racist.  You can make anything racist if you try hard enough.  Some don’t find it hard at all, which seems to fit your view.

9 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Just read the lyrics.  It's cheesy as hell, but I don't really see anything that I find particularly offensive about the song.  

Only if you are a hammer looking for a nail….

I have already said it, but if this was a rap song, it would be hailed as brilliant. 

On 7/26/2023 at 12:27 PM, wbfan said:

1. Can you quote a verse of the song that you’re specifically opposed to? Or is it just something you heard was bad? I’m not a huge Jason Aldean fan, but I’ve read the lyrics, and I’m wondering what part(s) offend you? Maybe you can open my eyes  

19 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

1. Can you quote a verse of the song that you’re specifically opposed to? Or is it just something you heard was bad? I’m not a huge Jason Aldean fan, but I’ve read the lyrics, and I’m wondering what part(s) offend you? Maybe you can open my eyes  

It’s called looking for something to be offended by.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

I was going to post lyrics from some of the top anti-cop / cop killer rap songs to point out the outrage hypocrisy we're seeing about this song but I would have had to heavily redact the lyrics to comply with forum rules.

Not a peep from the left about these, and they've been around for years.

Extremely selective outrage. 

3 hours ago, Big girl said:

The song doesnt bother me at all. He said it is not about race, so I believe him. If it is about race then it only shows that he is an idiot. I don't like violent rap music, but here is why some people find the country song offensive.

This is the hidden content, please

That again, is reaching for an answer.

Who watched that video for the first time and immediately said, oh my gosh, that is a courthouse where a person was lynched 100 years ago. Likely no one  

Who would recognize it? Probably a better question would be, who did the research to find something in the video to be offended by? Why would anyone try to google something in the background in a song? Was this courthouse some well known symbol of racism? If so, why was Hannah Montana mostly filmed not only in that city, Columbia, TN, but at least one scene shot at the very same courthouse? Maybe Mikey Cyrus was pushing a hidden agenda on racism in front of that apparently well known symbol of hate…. that no one would recognize unless they were told to do so.

If a person are looking for that nail, he will find it.

Not that I would expect most people to view this 34 minute clip from Candace Owens. If a person is so inclined, scroll to the 8 minute mark and see Hannah Montana coming out of the same courthouse. Then go to around the 15 minute mark and look at some of the lyrics of current top 40 music.