Chris Christie joins the race for the Republican nomination

Bobcat1

17 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

His statement about the indictment of Trump just ended his run before it started......No one will win the Republican nomination without Trumps base.....the math just does not work......

I think the periphery are only stepping up in case Trump goes to jail, or cannot run for some other reason, etc.

On 6/9/2023 at 1:35 PM, SmashMouth said:

I think the periphery are only stepping up in case Trump goes to jail, or cannot run for some other reason, etc.

I actually liked him pre-2016. He made some sense. I watched a little of his town hall on CNN (amazing the difference of how he was treated versus Trump, Cooper let him speak)....I agreed with a lot of what he said. His Trump bashing is not going to get him the nomination....He's smart and should know it.

4 hours ago, thetragichippy said:

I actually liked him pre-2016. He made some sense. I watched a little of his town hall on CNN (amazing the difference of how he was treated versus Trump, Cooper let him speak)....I agreed with a lot of what he said. His Trump bashing is not going to get him the nomination....He's smart and should know it.

I agree. Regardless, if it's not Trump, it will be DeSantis. Can't really understand why anyone else would even waste the effort & possibly money.

On 6/13/2023 at 10:15 AM, thetragichippy said:

Thatā€™s what I see as the problem. If trumpā€™s problem is his lack of likability from constantly bashing people, then what are we gaining by trying to find someone (like Christie) who thinks he can out-bash trump?Ā 
Ā 

In a perfect world someone would say ā€œif youā€™re tired of this (nod at Trump), vote for me. Itā€™s time to bring civility and decency back to US politics.Ā 
Ā 

The sad thing is that a large chunk of the electorate is too stupid to support anybody whoā€™s not just out fightinā€™ Rinos and Libtards.Ā 

• 2 weeks later...