Dave Campbell's Texas Football Update

I just ran into the regional stocker of all books and mags for Walmart. She said they may be in the back. But she has to do all books in all stores 1st. Then she'll start stocking mag later in the week. Told me and another guy that was was for it too. Try back at the end of the week. 

Gonna make the rounds to the other stores in orange now. I'll report If I find it

4 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

Checked Walgreens in Jasper. They let me look into the big box with the magazines they had not put on display yet. No DCTFM in the store. I always get mine at this place. I think someone is lying about when they were shipped.

not at Walmart either.     7/12/23 

They have stated that they no longer want to be in retail distribution as it is antiquated and not cost effective. 

I

might be that the Distributors cannot afford to take back high costing magazines like DCTFM and the stores cannot afford to eat the unsold magazines. Seems that only companies like CVS, wan mart, and Walgreens can afford  too take a loss. Wal mart in Jasper has moved the magazine section to the back of the stere and it is about 1/5 the size it use to be.       
might be a growing problem.

10 hours ago, purpleeagle said:

I

might be that the Distributors cannot afford to take back high costing magazines like DCTFM and the stores cannot afford to eat the unsold magazines. Seems that only companies like CVS, wan mart, and Walgreens can afford  too take a loss. Wal mart in Jasper has moved the magazine section to the back of the stere and it is about 1/5 the size it use to be.       
might be a growing problem.

All reasons why we've been scaling back retail...its just a money pit...

13 minutes ago, purpleeagle said:

I give up!

I have too. Could be  the the 1st time in years I don't have a copy in hand. They should have used this to their advantage. And let fans know they were in short supply before the day the trucks left out. Many more people would've subscribed if they would've known about this. Then they wouldn't have to print extra copies just to lose money. Print media is dead. Funny I still see SI swimsuit edition out on the racks. Even the one with Martha Stewart on the cover. Really, who's buying that?

9 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

I have too. Could be  the the 1st time in years I don't have a copy in hand. They should have used this to their advantage. And let fans know they were in short supply before the day the trucks left out. Many more people would've subscribed if they would've known about this. Then they wouldn't have to print extra copies just to lose money. Print media is dead. Funny I still see SI swimsuit edition out on the racks. Even the one with Martha Stewart on the cover. Really, who's buying that?

They have made many statements that the retail release would be reduced this year as retail distribution is not in their future business model. They want everyone to get the online subscription. 

19 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

They have made many statements that the retail release would be reduced this year as retail distribution is not in their future business model. They want everyone to get the online subscription. 

If your a big high school football fan then the online subscription is 100% worth every penny 

25 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Reduced doesn't exactly account for zero anywhere in Golden Triangle. But hey let's send em to Baytown Walmart. I'm sure there's money to be made there.