Dave Campbell's Texas Football Update

1 hour ago, purpleeagle said:

Everyone does not want all those magazines in order to get the fall addition which sells for 12.50 with tax.  There is a reason they will not give you the option just for the fall addition$$$. 

I understand… but I’d imagine more people are gonna pay than those who wouldn’t. DCTF is a business and they have to do what makes the most money. 

14 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Yeah it’s principle with me. I don’t have to pay either. With that said if it hits $50 I will stop. Out of principle. HS Football will go on perfectly fine with or without it! I think DCTF is dangerously close to overplaying their hand. 

50$ for the folks who want everything is a still a very good deal...for those that don't want it they still have the option to go out and purchase the magazine only....the streaming service for us is doing incredibly well, offering the bundle was a major request the past two years for us and the bump in subscriptions has been significant and I think we are happy with that change based on customer feedback. 

I do think if we ever exit retail 100% I think there will be an option online to purchase the magazine only, it'll clearly be more expensive than purchasing in the store because shipping costs would be baked in...there will of course be negative feedback if we ever did exit retail and I think like anything it'll be a cost benefit analysis that will need to be done before that ever happens

Eventually the bundle will top fifty bucks...its just inflation and the cost of everything including the cost of doing business going up....

17 minutes ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Huntsville Tx Walgreens. Finally got my dave Campbell magazine!! Lol 😂 football season is almost here!! Oh well better late than never!! Bring on football season 2023. 

DCTF got the district top 4 like this: 

1. Diboll

2. Woodville

3. Coldspring

4. Westwood

I am predicting Coldspring 1st with Westwood 2nd (though I am less certain on the 2nd spot). Got some move ins that DCTF did not account for. 

5 minutes ago, TrojanMoJo said:

Hope you get to come to a Coldspring game. September 15th is our homecoming vs H-F. It will be a tough game for us. 

HF is likely the toughest game on the schedule. That game will be a good indicator of the strength of the program. HF might be better than almost every team in 3AD1 other than Franklin, Hitchcock or Columbus. HF may be better than those three also. CS got a few more to deal with prior to HF that cannot be taken lightly.