Lcm 2023

lcm93

46 minutes ago, BEARCPA said:

I don't think that matters for sports purposes - I *heard* that at least one WOS transfer recently got blocked by the other district head coaches.

Lets just say another WOS transfer wont beable to play to week 9 of the season. It will pretty much be over. He was going to be the work horse for LCM

21 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Lets just say another WOS transfer wont beable to play to week 9 of the season. It will pretty much be over. He was going to be the work horse for LCM

I look forward to watching #16 at qb. He refuses to go down and had what seemed like yards everytime he ran the ball.. when you have a qb running at people like that. That fires a team up

Last yr only 1 loss in JV and undefeated freshman team should churn better than a 2 win season I would like to think lol

39 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

I look forward to watching #16 at qb. He refuses to go down and had what seemed like yards everytime he ran the ball.. when you have a qb running at people like that. That fires a team up

Last yr only 1 loss in JV and undefeated freshman team should churn better than a 2 win season I would like to think lol

We will see, i might go watch wos vs lcm. But ill be mostly silsbee games 😜

2 hours ago, setxathlete14 said:

Been told that he's put on some weight and picked up some speed in the off-season. You almost have to have a dual threat quarterback in high school which was something they were lacking last year. Ton of underclassmen on the team that will be starting but then again they had 10 sophomores starting last year. 

On 8/8/2023 at 11:25 AM, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

LCM 1-9 maybe 2-8

No way they only win one or two games with BC and HJ on the schedule.  Not to mention the district is Charmin soft besides Lumberton and Vidor.

But your prediction leads me to this.  Would a 2-8 or 3-7 record cause the Peevey fan boys/brother in laws to question their devotion?  What is the expectation and what is "not good enough?"

33 minutes ago, 72 Pinto said:

No way they only win one or two games with BC and HJ on the schedule.  Not to mention the district is Charmin soft besides Lumberton and Vidor.

But your prediction leads me to this.  Would a 2-8 or 3-7 record cause the Peevey fan boys/brother in laws to question their devotion?  What is the expectation and what is "not good enough?"

Your probably right the district is soft.: If the  running back doesnt get to play until week 9  i think its going to be a long year. Just imo. Losing morris will be big loss. Look at The Qb Situation last year when Ashton Landry graduated. Morris had to carry the load. They should beat HJ and BC. But i believe they lose to Vidor WoS kinkaid and spring and Lumberton. Question marks will be huffman, Livingston and spendora. So maybe 5–5 at best. We will see how good they are against PNG

31 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Your probably right the district is soft.: If the  running back doesnt get to play until week 9  i think its going to be a long year. Just imo. Losing morris will be big loss. Look at The Qb Situation last year when Ashton Landry graduated. Morris had to carry the load. They should beat HJ and BC. But i believe they lose to Vidor WoS kinkaid and spring and Lumberton. Question marks will be huffman, Livingston and spendora. So maybe 5–5 at best. We will see how good they are against PNG

Not huge on coulda would shouldas..... but the qb this year should've seen more playing time alot earlier in the season last year in my opinion.. dont even want to get into the historical lumberton wave in the lcm thread. 

District is wide open.

14 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Not huge on coulda would shouldas..... but the qb this year should've seen more playing time alot earlier in the season last year in my opinion.. dont even want to get into the historical lumberton wave in the lcm thread. 

District is wide open.

The QB did run the ball well. But does he have any other weapons? Receivers to get vertical? Running backs to hand off. There has to be more weapons then one guy. Yes losing to lumberton is disappointing  

I think historically you can always expect LCM to be a 4-6 or 5-5 type of club like the majority of high school teams across the state. Sure you have a special group every now and then, but that is not the norm in Mauriceville.

I would expect about the same for the Bears this year, I have heard Huffman has a chance to compete for the 2 seed in this district so that would be very interesting. 

13 minutes ago, buccaneers4lyfe said:

I think historically you can always expect LCM to be a 4-6 or 5-5 type of club like the majority of high school teams across the state. Sure you have a special group every now and then, but that is not the norm in Mauriceville.

I would expect about the same for the Bears this year, I have heard Huffman has a chance to compete for the 2 seed in this district so that would be very interesting. 

The ole Crouch Special 5-5 lol. I hope they do well i really do.  Peevy brought excitement, but he just might came in the right time his first year.