3/11/23 United vs Lake Highlands 6a State Championship…

I’ve seen LH finally.  They’re good.  Very good.  But it’s not like we haven’t seen this kind of team.  We’ve played against a team with 6’10” kids this year.  We’ve played against teams with highly ranked players this year.  So I’m confident that our kids and coaches will find a way glad get the job done.  

They play good defense in the paint, and rightfully so.  But I saw some weaknesses in their perimeter defense.  

If we rebound well and keep them from scoring their average, we’ll sneak out another win.  

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Another factor that I didn’t think about is if Porchia a go for the game tonight.  I saw him hobble off the court with 3 seconds left in the game and he wasn’t in the game on that last play.  I hope the kid is ok.

A friend of mine went live and he was walking on that ankle just fine after the game.didnt look like he was getting any treatment.

8 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Good!  That’s a relief.  Because without that kid, we definitely not beating that team.

Ik how gud lake highland is.they are fr !! And it want be easy at all.but, I've been on this kid bandwagon all year.and ima stick to it.we all kno how great Yates is.and he will get his. But, K.Dotson mvp of the tournament.his game has went to another level.i think he's the best pure shooter on either team.so I'm sticking to that

1 minute ago, dj said:

Ik how gud lake highland is.they are fr !! And it want be easy at all.but, I've been on this kid bandwagon all year.and ima stick to it.we all kno how great Yates is.and he will get his. But, K.Dotson mvp of the tournament.his game has went to another level.i think he's the best pure shooter on either team.so I'm sticking to that

I think Yates and Johnson conceals themselves out.  I need our role players to step up big, and your guy Dotson to have a big game.  I also look for an unsung hero off our bench.

I’ve come to the realization that everything offensively that we get from him is a bonus.  But I do expect him to be able to spread the floor out and his some corner threes and get that big man out the paint, play sound smart defense and grab boards.  He’s a 2 year starter and a 3 year letterman with tons of experience.  So no excuses.  He gotta get it.  

2 hours ago, Topdawg25 said:

Payia has to show up tonight… rebound rebound and play big…. 

I agree,  gonna need him to be a X factor tonight. IMO the key is the start. BU can’t get down by double digits like De Soto did last night. The game was fairly even after that.