2023 Astros - Defending WS Champs

1 hour ago, rupert3 said:

When we blow someone out we don't play well for a couple of games.  Should win today

That’s why I love to win the games by design. Our pitching keeps the opponent’s score low (2 runs or less). Our run support can score enough to win (at least 3 runs). Middle relief pitching to rest your starter after doing his job and keep score about the same, then close it out. If anybody expects to score 10+ runs per game, they are dreaming. Must win the close ones, since most games are.

I agree win your statement. Also, I know enough to respect the other teams effort. These are all professionals. Smug attitudes get their just rewards.

12 minutes ago, spidersal said:

Wow AggiesAreWe, the Astros are really playing well. A little over a month left. If they continue to perform like these last 3 games that were at home, your prediction may not happen

Don't they play 162 games?

Your small sample sizing is such a joke.

Need to change your username to trendy.

1 hour ago, Bulldogs92 said:

The top three in the AL West are really good teams. Seattle (my team since moving there in 1997) is 32-14 in last 46 and 15-2 in last 17 road games, but they can't keep this up. The question is whether they can stay in the race. It's definitely fun right now.

Seattle has some staying power. Texas is in a free fall. Injuries and bats going silent are killing them. The Astros are their own worst enemy right now. Their biggest thing is they have been there and done it for the past 6 years. Pitching needs to come around or Seattle will win the division. 

My guess:

1. Astros

2. Seattle

3. Texas (Misses playoffs)

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

Seattle has some staying power. Texas is in a free fall. Injuries and bats going silent are killing them. The Astros are their own worst enemy right now. Their biggest thing is they have been there and done it for the past 6 years. Pitching needs to come around or Seattle will win the division. 

My guess:

1. Astros

2. Seattle

Hope you are right about the finish, but I have a bad feeling but hopeful feeling about the Stros.  Last night looked good they just can't put a streak together.  Hope they don't run out of heroes.

On 8/22/2023 at 1:25 PM, topher805 said:

My guess:

1. Astros

2. Seattle

Hope your right. Fangraphs agrees

This is the hidden content, please

On 8/19/2023 at 10:20 PM, spidersal said:

Astros keep playing like the last 2 nights and they will be 7th seed in about 3 weeks

Why do you only give updates on your predictive analysis after losses? I've been dying to hear from you the past two nights so I can know how to feel about the team.