Png 2023 ??

lcm93

10 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood, except you have no way to make your allegation other than simply sharing your opinion. LH coaches have been getting it done for many years (which is why they are currently ranked higher than PNG). No one is "out coaching" LH. I am assuming that you believe PNG was "outcoached" by SOC and PAM? 

Looking forward to PNG replicating their results from last year as LH has been doing for two decades. 

PNG for the near future will always be a contender with their new coach! (until one day if he leaves)  There is a reason LH has a stable of plug&play  RB's  they know with their run first offense some RB is eventually going to be creamed and its next man up.  Every year LH has good beat up RB's walking the sidelines its one of the flaws of the Slot -T they need to change their offense if they don't like it. To say if only we had our two best RB;s  is more of an exercise of futility  than anything . PNG clearly had the best team!( I think when Crosby beat them they  knocked LH;s #1 RB out the first play of the game )

5 hours ago, jayhawk said:

PNG for the near future will always be a contender with their new coach! (until one day if he leaves)  There is a reason LH has a stable of plug&play  RB's  they know with their run first offense some RB is eventually going to be creamed and its next man up.  Every year LH has good beat up RB's walking the sidelines its one of the flaws of the Slot -T they need to change their offense if they don't like it. To say if only we had our two best RB;s  is more of an exercise of futility  than anything . PNG clearly had the best team!( I think when Crosby beat them they  knocked LH;s #1 RB out the first play of the game )

Got it, LH does not need good players. They are only a system team (that happen to be the highest scoring team in 5AD2) where the 3rd team player is as good as the 1st team player. I believe I stated it many times that PNG "clearly had the best team" when they played LH. 

You mentioned that "Crosby beat LH when Crosby knocked LH #1 RB out on the first play of the game". **This would indicate that LH could have used their #1 RB. How did Crosby do against LH when LH did not lose their #1 RB?

PNG being a contender for the near future is a bold prediction that may very well come true but cannot be made with anything other than speculation. However, we can say that LH will be a contender with more certainty as they have been doing it for 2 decades. Will be interesting to see if PNG can win a District Championship first. 

Crosby KO the #3 RB for LH. Blake Simpson was the #1 back and #20 was the #2 back. I would agree if Blake got KO LH doesn’t stand a chance against Crosby that yr. I do believe the outcome is still the same against PNG. That defense was salty asl. They were able to get penetration and disrupt the timing. 

3 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Crosby KO the #3 RB for LH. Blake Simpson was the #1 back and #20 was the #2 back. I would agree if Blake got KO LH doesn’t stand a chance against Crosby that yr. I do believe the outcome is still the same against PNG. That defense was salty asl. They were able to get penetration and disrupt the timing. 

Yes.  I just re-watched the game on youtube.  RB's had zero room all night long.  Wouldn't have mattered who was back there. 

On 6/29/2023 at 5:48 PM, 89Falcon said:

Yep, PNG was a better program 4 decades to a half century+ ago. For the last 20 years (including today according to DCTF), LH. 

I believe what hurt LH more than not having their 2 stud rb’s was what they lost to graduation on the defensive side of the ball from the previous year. LH was a top scoring team last year but their defense gave up A LOT OF YARDS AND SCORES. Their offense had to put up a lot points because the defense couldn’t stop nobody. 

If they put together a decent defense this year In conjunction with the offense they are going to put on the field this year they’ll make another deep playoff run. 

4 hours ago, Unwoke said:

I believe what hurt LH more than not having their 2 stud rb’s was what they lost to graduation on the defensive side of the ball from the previous year. LH was a top scoring team last year but their defense gave up A LOT OF YARDS AND SCORES. Their offense had to put up a lot points because the defense couldn’t stop nobody. 

If they put together a decent defense this year In conjunction with the offense they are going to put on the field this year they’ll make another deep playoff run. 

Their defense definitely was their biggest weakness. Terrible tackling. 

3 minutes ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Their defense definitely was their biggest weakness. Terrible tackling. 

I know their safety, linebacker, and defensive end went on to play at the next level after graduation the year before. Maybe more but not for sure. Their defense was pretty solid the year before.

On 7/8/2023 at 9:12 AM, Unwoke said:

Liberty Hill has made atleast the State Quarter Finals every year since 2017 they will be back there this year

10 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

Liberty Hill has made atleast the State Quarter Finals every year since 2017 they will be back there this year

No doubt, I was just pointing out that their defense was very weak last year. They lost a lot on the defensive side of the ball from graduation the year before. I am a big fan of the slot t offense and LH runs it to perfection. They will definitely be there in the end. 

• 2 weeks later...