Silsbee (56) vs Cuero (58) - FINAL

wo-s#1

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

That 4th and 13 Miller TD was awesome. 

If anyone has stats this weekend please post. 

I think Silsbee has the offensive and Defensive Wille Ray Smith Award Winners. 

Somebody posted already scroll up a page,Silsbee beat them in every category except the one that matters 

8 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

That 4th and 13 Miller TD was awesome. 

If anyone has stats this weekend please post. 

I think Silsbee has the offensive and Defensive Wille Ray Smith Award Winners. 

Did you see the picture I" posted Silsbee won this game.! Bad call" very bad call".! UIL should have something to say about it.

First off great season Silsbee!! Best Silsbee team ever!! First off if #40 Williams isn't an all state LB.they need to voting.ive had the pleasure to watch great athletes all over the state of texas.ive played with guys that has SB rings.ive seen guys like deion and Irvin go at it.ive seen so much local talent from lelon McElroy,Willie williams,Chris barnes,Jerry/Jackie ball,James brown,pat/Mark henry,Johnnie bailey,Mark price.i can go on for years. But, this kid Dreylon Miller #1 is one the best to ever step on a football field in the golden triangle.this kid is just different on a football field!!

Great game by both teams and after the first few minutes I thought Cuero was going to get blown out. Halftime adjustments to the offense by Cuero was the difference and the TE ate the tigers up. I’ll admit Silsbee was more athletic and faster by a step by my Gobblers never quit and pulled it out. #1 is a baller good luck to him in the future. I’m still in shock 🫣

GO MEAN GREEN!!! 

1 hour ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Why doesn’t Silsbee ever have a kicking game? Over the years they have lost a few playoff games due to a poor kicking game. Is it that they don’t have a strong soccer program? They could have put this away. 

They had a hell of a kicker in 2018 and 2019. Kid hit a 47 yarder vs WOS at Lamar. 

2 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Well, I will have more commentary later. Still a little in my feels and disappointed in result.

Going to head up to Big Sandy and watch some Big Sandy Wildcat basketball tonight vs. Huffman. Maybe have a few beers along the way.

Kevin Foster basketball is good for the soul.  

As for your Tigers, that’s just about as brutal a way to go out as it gets.  Silsbee has a right to grieve this one for a while.  I know it’s going to sting for a long while. Maybe another basketball ring will help salve the wound. 

First off, that was a great game, one of the best I've ever witnessed.  Few thoughts and takeaways from the game: 

1. The special teams as a whole seemed sub-par, from the missed xp, to missed fg, to long returns , to giving up the fake. Also, not sure why they align like that on kickoff leaving room for them to get walled off. 

2. Miller is unstoppable,  1,2,3 guys can't cover him. 

3. That being said,  kind of a head scratcher why he wasn't in on a 4th and short play  in a crucial situation. 

4. Offense played amazing , Brisbane should get some college looks as he made some great reads in the pocket. 

5. Defense seemed to not figure out and make adjustments after half to 24 and the screen game.  

Just now, Mballler#1 said:

I’m hearing someone potential very vey good May be taking over those duties young man who I believe is already there trying to get more information on that though .

Kid from West Brook transferred in a few weeks ago. Heard he is legit.

Most likely will be starting QB next season.

2 hours ago, Rez Ipsa said:

Why doesn’t Silsbee ever have a kicking game? Over the years they have lost a few playoff games due to a poor kicking game. Is it that they don’t have a strong soccer program? They could have put this away. 

Funny you should ask. Silsbee has, over the years, been off and on as far as kickers. The past six are so years Silsbee has had some very good kickers, They have actually won games for us. I have no problem with our kicker. He's only missed a couple of field goals all year, his first year of fulltime kicking duties. One of them just happened to be today. I look for him to be back next year, better than ever. 

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Kid from West Brook transferred in a few weeks ago. Heard he is legit.

Most likely will be starting QB next season.

Well that’s gonna ruffle some feathers. Bottley has been waiting patiently for that position