10/21/22 Blue&Silver @ Jasper

3 hours ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Something tells me this wont be a sellout.

lol. cool way to reject the ticket offer.

just last night I was showing my wife the 3-0 game video you posted. there a couple shots of the Visitor side bleachers  with the most people that I personally had ever seen or that I ever saw again.!. (at the Alamo)

4 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

lol. cool way to reject the ticket offer.

just last night I was showing my wife the 3-0 game video you posted. there a couple shots of the Visitor side bleachers  with the most people that I personally had ever seen or that I ever saw again.!. (at the Alamo)

Sorry bud I can't get out of work 2 times this week. It was either this game, or nose bleed seats at ALCS gm 1.

I remember the visitor side being completely packed too. When we made the catch and then the FG, I thought the stands were gonna fall.

That place was rocking... literally.

1 hour ago, JaspD55 said:

You know this district could really be in a mess , depending on how it turns out. Looks like WOS needs to win by 5 pts are more to not be a 4th place team, regardless of what everybody else does. And that doesnt even guarantee they wont be 4th place.

Not your typical 4 seed that the ones usually kinda cruise by in the 1st round. FOR SURE NOT TYPICAL! 😯

On 10/16/2022 at 12:21 AM, dj said:

Let me let in on something abt the one play that got us down there for Russell terkel to kick the fg.that pass wasn't intended for pup(#26)Kevin smith.pass was under thrown.tremaine Lewis couldn't step into it bcz of the pressure.it was for #29 Julian richard.i guess a lil luck is all u need sometimes.i was the opposite wr on the other side.remember it like yesterday. And I hope that ppl never forget how gud Silsbee was that year.i guarantee u if we wouldn't have won it all.silsbee or jasper would have bcz they were that gud.and the crazy thing abt it is Silsbee didn't make the playoffs that yr.they were 8-2.lost to us and jasper. Two top 5 teams in the state.goes to show u how gud the district was back then.and Silsbee and jasper probably was the 2 fastest teams in the state!! 

Those teams were epic. 

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Sadly, just about every print media website has gone that route.

It's understandable though. Nobody buys newspapers anymore. Got to get revenue somehow.

yes sir, you are right!  I personally used to read the newspaper every day, until it got like $2 a pop(not counting the Sunday paper.. lol) .

The digital world like you said, altered that.

3 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Sadly, just about every print media website has gone that route.

It's understandable though. Nobody buys newspapers anymore. Got to get revenue somehow.

I found a way around that subscription thing too. Get "Smart News App". You can read any subscription based media article. May not have all the features and links, but it works great.

2 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

You notice how Coach Hickman said/thinks Jasper gonna lose to Silsbee without actually saying it?

Fart smeller. Overselling the chance to be 2nd. At least we still control our own destiny. Needing help from an adversary to make the playoffs just seems like a cheap way to advance. Lol says the guy whose team hasn't missed out since 03. I don't need a "one and done" t shirt. I got a few from Dallas that aren't even faded yet.

WOS 112%

On 10/15/2022 at 1:16 PM, ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING said:

Or 7-6 I was in that one.

My very first UIL football game (8th grade first game of season)as a matter of fact, we played the Blue&Silver to a 0-0 tie.  The very last game of that same season (we played District teams twice ) we played them again and it so happened both teams were undefeated so it was for District title.

The final score was 8-6. Our Defensive End intercepted a screen pass and returned it like 65 yards for a td which gave us the lead with just 2 or 3 minutes left in game.

That my friends is the first lesson we DAWGS learned about the Mustang magic that takes place when they are the home team. As we were all celebrating, one official decided that there had been a holding penalty by Jasper back at the line of scrimmage before the change of possession.  Instead of 12-8 it remained 8-6.

• WOSdrummer99 changed the title to 10/21/22 Blue&Silver @ Jasper