Top Teams in SETX - 2022-2023

Bobcat1

27 minutes ago, $$Buckets$$ said:

I respect your opinion but please keep in mind that Sneed is only a junior and the PG at BH is a senior.  Sneed has the higher ceiling imo and a much better and proven defender.  Sneed is a true floor general not a "volume shooting" PG.  A shame that BH coach called off the game tho, so we wont be able to see that matchup.  A matchup that I think HJ wins easily, they have much more.

What does floor general mean? Dalanna can score and is quick as bug but she can distribute the ball just as well. 

I agree with you though, BH coach is a coward to call off the game to play Iowa Colony who they beat by 40 points. I also wonder why he will not post game stats. 

I did see they lost to West Brook, did anyone catch this game? 

47 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

What does floor general mean? Dalanna can score and is quick as bug but she can distribute the ball just as well. 

I agree with you though, BH coach is a coward to call off the game to play Iowa Colony who they beat by 40 points. I also wonder why he will not post game stats. 

They are two different types of guards. By floor general I mean a pass first guard who can score, in the times I've seen Carter she has been a score first guard who can pass.  Different systems tho, but I give the edge to Sneed because of defense.  Would be fun to watch! 

They lost to West Brook?  West Brook has a senior guard who is signed to play at Lamar, I wonder how that matchup went? 

2 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

Did not, but that's not a game the "best team in the area" should be losing by 20.  West Brook isn't a bad team, but they're not that good.  They're coming off a season where they had a nice record, but racked up 10 of their 25 wins against bad teams from 5A, 4A, and even 3A.  HJ was 20 points better than them last year, and I guarantee you they're not 20 points worse than them this year.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:06 PM, $$Buckets$$ said:

They are two different types of guards. By floor general I mean a pass first guard who can score, in the times I've seen Carter she has been a score first guard who can pass.  Different systems tho, but I give the edge to Sneed because of defense.  Would be fun to watch! 

They lost to West Brook?  West Brook has a senior guard who is signed to play at Lamar, I wonder how that matchup went? 

Eh I dont know. Depends on who is on the floor with Carter, if she is with others than can score she can dish it out, if she is the primary scorer she will score. Defense is a toss up as well. It is really a shame this game did not happen. 

I think we’re far enough into the season with enough results to say that HJ is still clearly better than BH.  

HJ is 7-2 with an OT loss to #11 9-0 6A Cinco Ranch, and a 6 point loss to #3 10-1 6A Summer Creek, a state semifinalist last year.  

BH is 9-5 with losses to #24 Judson (who HJ beat), West Brook, Cy Ranch, #19 Houston Memorial, and San Antonio Johnson.  All 6A schools, but West Brook is 9-5, Memorial 7-6, and Johnson 5-4.  Memorial beat them by 30.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:10 AM, bullets13 said:

I think we’re far enough into the season with enough results to say that HJ is still clearly better than BH.  

HJ is 7-2 with an OT loss to #11 9-0 6A Cinco Ranch, and a 6 point loss to #3 10-1 6A Summer Creek, a state semifinalist last year.  

BH is 9-5 with losses to #24 Judson (who HJ beat), West Brook, Cy Ranch, #19 Houston Memorial, and San Antonio Johnson.  All 6A schools, but West Brook is 9-5, Memorial 7-6, and Johnson 5-4.  Memorial beat them by 30.

I don't disagree. From what I have seen I have been very disappointed in BH. With the the players they have to work with they should be playing much much better.  Not sure what is going on in practice but they have way too many pieces out of sync. 

On 11/30/2022 at 11:36 AM, Bobcat1 said:

Doubt it's close if their best players along with several others have quit the team... 

confirmed?

Edit: never mind, 3-4 underclassmen from last year are no longer listed on the roster for this season, including their studs.  would sure like the back story on this one.  

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Lamar1996 said:

With district just starting, PNG is definitely not a top team.  LOL  New Coach has them running in all kinds of directions on the court.  

I don't think anyone thought of them as one of the top teams..... 

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2022 at 7:13 AM, FalconsRUs2 said:

I'll bet my life HH will beat Silsbee.  You won't find 3 4A teams in this region better than them including Burnet! Burnet caught them on a bad night last year and beat them. No excuse there, that's part of baseball. HH vs HJ will be better than expected this year as well.

I said it first..

Hh vs HJ or LV in the Regional final

This hasn't aged well.  HH actually played HJ closer last year.  Would like your input, though.  FWIW, Huffman isn't coming within 40 of Waco La Vega, either.  They're beyond legit, and every bit as good, if not better, than HJ.  

43 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

This hasn't aged well.  HH actually played HJ closer last year.  Would like your input, though.  FWIW, Huffman isn't coming within 40 of Waco La Vega, either.  They're beyond legit, and every bit as good, if not better, than HJ.  

I think Silsbee would beat HH

On 1/20/2023 at 10:29 AM, 409_Lion said:

The Kountze girls are 8-0 in district and 25-2 overall… any chance they will make an appearance in the rankings or have a nice little playoff run? They seem pretty solid.

I think they have some talent in the middle school ranks as well. I think the program is in a good spot going forward 

On 12/5/2022 at 2:20 PM, bullets13 said:

confirmed?

Edit: never mind, 3-4 underclassmen from last year are no longer listed on the roster for this season, including their studs.  would sure like the back story on this one.  

The back story is two players parents have made it miserable for the entire squad and ruined what should have been another run to the 3rd or 4th round.