Jump to content

Top Teams in SETX - 2022-2023


Recommended Posts

HJ is still the cream of the crop.  They lost the best 4A player in the state, but still have two players coming back who received all-state honors from various organizations, and 6 of their main 8 players from last year.  I don't know if they'll make it to state again, but I don't see anyone in this area giving them too much of a game unless they've lost a player or two that I don't know about.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 1:27 PM, bullets13 said:

HJ is still the cream of the crop.  They lost the best 4A player in the state, but still have two players coming back who received all-state honors from various organizations, and 6 of their main 8 players from last year.  I don't know if they'll make it to state again, but I don't see anyone in this area giving them too much of a game unless they've lost a player or two that I don't know about.  

Does that include Barbers Hill? Dalanna Carter is back! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Yes, it most likely does.  HJ would’ve beaten BH by 30+ last year.  I still think they’d beat them comfortably this year, but we’ll never know.  

Nah i dont think so. BH played HJV pretty tough just two years ago without Carter.  It was within 10 going to the 4th if I recall. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Steven Avery said:

Nah i dont think so. BH played HJV pretty tough just two years ago without Carter.  It was within 10 going to the 4th if I recall. 

And HJ won by 27.  Sneed and Beavers were both substantially better last year than the year before when HJ and BH played, and they still had Ashlon Jackson, who had offers from basically every major college in the country.  I’m not usually one to play the common opponents game, but when HJ beats a team by 84 that barbers hill beat by 5, that has to tell you something.  HJ beat another team by 83 that BH beat by 15.  Almost the entire hawks preseason schedule was against 6A, and many of those were ranked, and they won several of those games.  I’m not going back to figure it up, but I went through it last season and they had something like 4 wins against ranked 6A opponents and another 2 against ranked 5A opponents.  They also had a couple of wins against ranked teams from other states, including the #1 team in all of Colorado at the time. Barbers Hill had a good team last year, but wouldn’t have even been in the top ten toughest opponents HJ played.  Their schedule was full of close wins (and a few losses) against average teams.  I didn’t realize Carter was back this year, which definitely makes a big difference, but last year against Ashlon Jackson and the hawks BH loses by 30.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bullets13 said:

And HJ won by 27.  Sneed and Beavers were both substantially better last year than the year before when HJ and BH played, and they still had Ashlon Jackson, who had offers from basically every major college in the country.  I’m not usually one to play the common opponents game, but when HJ beats a team by 84 that barbers hill beat by 5, that has to tell you something.  HJ beat another team by 83 that BH beat by 15.  Almost the entire hawks preseason schedule was against 6A, and many of those were ranked, and they won several of those games.  I’m not going back to figure it up, but I went through it last season and they had something like 4 wins against ranked 6A opponents and another 2 against ranked 5A opponents.  They also had a couple of wins against ranked teams from other states, including the #1 team in all of Colorado at the time. Barbers Hill had a good team last year, but wouldn’t have even been in the top ten toughest opponents HJ played.  Their schedule was full of close wins (and a few losses) against average teams.  I didn’t realize Carter was back this year, which definitely makes a big difference, but last year against Ashlon Jackson and the hawks BH loses by 30.  

Fact is HJ is worse without Ashlyn and BH is much better with Carter.  Would have be interesting had Carter been there two seasons ago.

 

BH was not as strong last year, not arguing that,  as they were the year before but this year they will be much better. Carter will provide offense  and in turn open up scoring opportunity for everyone on the team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Steven Avery said:

Fact is HJ is worse without Ashlyn and BH is much better with Carter.  Would have be interesting had Carter been there two seasons ago.

 

BH was not as strong last year, not arguing that,  as they were the year before but this year they will be much better. Carter will provide offense  and in turn open up scoring opportunity for everyone on the team. 

Yeah, I'll agree with you that it would be a fun matchup this year.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/19/2022 at 9:38 AM, Steven Avery said:

Fact is HJ is worse without Ashlyn and BH is much better with Carter.  Would have be interesting had Carter been there two seasons ago.

 

BH was not as strong last year, not arguing that,  as they were the year before but this year they will be much better. Carter will provide offense  and in turn open up scoring opportunity for everyone on the team. 

Are they worse?  Sometimes a great player can hold a team back……not necessarily saying this is the case but…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Are they worse?  Sometimes a great player can hold a team back……not necessarily saying this is the case but…

I would think so.  She could take over a game, but wasn’t a selfish player.  She made the whole team better, it wasn’t just a one-woman show.  ESPN had her as the 16th ranked player in the entire country last year.  You don’t lose a player like that and not drop off.  That said, there’s a lot of talent left there, and some players that will get bigger roles now that can pick up some of the slack.  I don’t think they’ll be rebuilding this year, but I don’t know that they’ll have quite enough to make it to state championship game again.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, coachfogo said:

HJ vs Barbers Hill was set for Nov 5th, But was cancelled by Barbers Hill to play another team instead.  The Lady Hawks will be just fine this year.

Coach Harris called you to say hey sorry we have gone another direction? And I wonder who did they schedule instead? Interesting.  I didnt even know once a game was scheduled it could be replaced. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/21/2022 at 7:52 PM, BMTSoulja1 said:

I don’t know if BU has any players worth mentioning here since they just lost two all state players to graduation.  But I know Denley from WB will be amongst the best players in this area…

So you know who doesn't have anything in the pipeline eh? Hmmmm 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Member Statistics

    43,270
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    ECB
    Newest Member
    ECB
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...