Spring Westfield (25) @ Galena Park North Shore (55) - FINAL

jdawg03

Game Info:

Start: Friday, September 9, 2022 at 7:00:00 PM
Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Galena Park North Shore - 6A-21-1
Record: District Wins: 0, Overall Wins: 0, District Losses: 0, Overall Losses: 1

Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Spring Westfield- 6A-14-1
Record: Unknown
District Matchup: No

*Standings do not include this game.

INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD: 
Type !!score:Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter/Minutes Left/Seconds Left
or !!final:Visitor's Score/Home Score

Example: !!score:10/14/4/6/10 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter with 6:10 left. 
or !!final:10/14 would be 10 to 14 as the final score. 

You may also use - , or | in place of /

5 minutes ago, Tigers94 said:

14 - 3  NS up.

This is looking bad for the rest of Texas in 6A. If Westfield can't hang with North Shore, I'm not sure who in Texas can.

Maybe Duncanville, and that's a huge maybe. NS might beat them like a drum too. 

I still ask the same question.  There are two high schools in that ISD.  You have one that’s a football powerhouse and the other one that’s horrible in almost everything I’m athletics.  How is that so?  And you mean to tell me all those really good players (now and over the years)  just so happen to be from that little small area east of Houston? 

1 minute ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

I still ask the same question.  There are two high schools in that ISD.  You have one that’s a football powerhouse and the other one that’s horrible in almost everything I’m athletics.  How is that so?  And you mean to tell me all those really good players (now and over the years)  just so happen to be from that little small area east of Houston? 

Ask you BMT friend that's on staff. 😂 Maybe he'll tell you the honest truth, maybe he wont. 🤷🏾‍♂️😁

Just now, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Ask you BMT friend that's on staff. 😂 Maybe he'll tell you the honest truth, maybe he wont. 🤷🏾‍♂️😁

Not my friend but he’ll probably say that the coaches coaches them up since middle school.  That’s why they’re good.  And ohh yea, they’re legit because they are Des North Shore since middle school…. 🤷🏾‍♂️

6 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Two words:

OPEN ENROLLMENT 

5 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Did UIl sign off on that?

UIL doesnt control how individual ISD's handle their business..there are many ISD's which are open enrollment...if the kids get there early enough they are eligible after 365 days regardless of what the PAPF says...so if a 9th grader who was never gonna play varsity moves in and isn't eligible as a freshman he'll be eligible as a sophomore

1 minute ago, Matthew328 said:

UIL doesnt control how individual ISD's handle their business..there are many ISD's which are open enrollment...if the kids get there early enough they are eligible after 365 days regardless of what the PAPF says...so if a 9th grader who was never gonna play varsity moves in and isn't eligible as a freshman he'll be eligible as a sophomore

Wouldn’t that be considered a recruiting tactic?  I guess if the kid ‘just so happens to be a good football player’, it wouldn’t… 🤷🏾‍♂️

19 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Zoning.  Period.  GP high could get a smooth 750 kids and it wouldn't affect NS one bit.  Would save travel expenses for the ISD 

20 hours ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Demographics play a part.  Look up the difference online.  It's quite telling.  

Galena Park isn’t the only school district  that has open enrollment, and North Shore isn’t the only school that has favorable demographics to be dominate in football.

Give Coach Kay and his staff all the credit.   His teams are extremely physical, tough, and very well coached.   They are as equally physical on offense as they are on defense.   Most schools are not.

That program is much better from the Aymond days.

5 hours ago, MackLewis said:

Galena Park isn’t the only school district  that has open enrollment, and North Shore isn’t the only school that has favorable demographics to be dominate in football.

Give Coach Kay and his staff all the credit.   His teams are extremely physical, tough, and very well coached.   They are as equally physical on offense as they are on defense.   Most schools are not.

That program is much better from the Aymond days.

Not being the only district to have open enrollment does not make it right.  

You mention ‘favorable demographics’.  I’m not buying this one bit.  If you look at the name and the dancers, it’s all Hispanic kids. This holds true with the overall demographic makeup of the school.  70.3% Hispanic kids in the district.  

This is the hidden content, please

But amazingly, if you look at the football team, it’s probably 1% Hispanic.  And I’m saying Hispanic. Cause we all know those kids generally only take soccer seriously in athletics.  So you mean to tell me the rest of the kids on the football team is from that area where I showed you the demographics?  And let’s dig a bit farther here.  The other high school in the district has a significant different type of demographic but are pulling from the same resources as the other high school.  And again, they don’t compete in any of the major athletics.