New Scoreboard System Debut Tonight—Your help needed!

jdawg03

On 9/9/2022 at 5:24 PM, jdawg03 said:

Hello everyone..

We have put into place a better way for us to keep scores! Every Friday Night (or Thursday/Saturday) individual game threads are posted which give us a space to discuss the ongoing games and to post game and score updates.

We now have a way for you to update the score on the title of the topic and on the scoreboard itself...

See Scoreboard Here

When you post a score update in the game thread--please post the score using this format (command)

For a Game that's still in progress:

!!score:visitor score/home score/quarter/minutes/seconds

So Let's say Alvin (visiting team) was Trailing Beaumont United (home team) 24 to 7  with 6:32 left in the 3rd Quarter

You would post

!!score:7/24/3/6/32    and that's going to update the scoreboard

For a Game that's gone final:
 !!final:visitor score/home score

Let's say Alvin (visiting team) was lost to Beaumont United (home team) 24 to 7 

You would post

!!final:7/24

This is a work in progress and we will be continuing to make this better in an effort to better serve you--the fans of sports in Southeast Texas!

No

23 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

One tip I’ve found: if you mess up and leave something out and it doesn’t update the score, you need to delete and try again. For instance earlier I forgot the !!, but when I edited it and added them, the system still didn’t recognize it.  I deleted it and did it again and it updated.  

Thanks Bullets, the system sends information as soon as the post is made, it won’t recognize an edited post as the information doesn’t get sent again. 
I’m looking into making !! without : a command as I’m seeing a lot of people forget it 

3 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

Come on man. Give em some time to work out the bugs. It'll be better once it's all working right.

Hmmm... sounds very familiar.

I like the new scoreboard system, it's easy to get used to. I saved the lil template to my keyboard so I can just paste it on the thread then make the necessary changes. 

15 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Great idea.  Once folks get used to it, poc.  Those of us at home can’t update since we won’t know minutes & seconds, unless we just guesstimate - 7/24/3/7/00.  Better than nothing.

Only visitors score/home score/quarter are required. Minutes/seconds are an added bonus but not a necessity any longer. I’ll ask Jordan to update the first post with the updates we’ve made

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Despite the negative comments, I think it’s great.  So easy to get out of your thread, glance at headers to see other scores, bam back to your game.  How can you not like that?  In the past, had to go into thread & look for score.

Great job guys.  

Exactly. Now scores can be viewed on the open forum without having to open a thread.

16 hours ago, Hagar said:

Despite the negative comments, I think it’s great.  So easy to get out of your thread, glance at headers to see other scores, bam back to your game.  How can you not like that?  In the past, had to go into thread & look for score.

Great job guys.  

Because things shouldn’t change!!

Now, hand me a quarter so I can make a phone call…..