West Orange-Stark (38) @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (32) FINAL

WOSdrummer99

2 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

WOS overlooked these guys  and it almost got them, but that is the sign of a great program (coming out flat and still able to beat a decent team).

WOS tightens things up and they are going to have a chance to play December football.

LCM played good football, 2 D1 players can sure cover up some issues, maybe they can tighten up some special teams problems and figure out how to beat the Pirates & Raiders this year for the district crown.  

Coach Hickman is star in the making, WOS fans need to be patient and enjoy the ride they are about to be on. 

I highly doubt they overlooked a top 10 team and crosstown rival 

8 minutes ago, 3rdone said:

That's my point. I didn't say we never had decent guys...my point is they don't develop QB's. That's not a knock on WOS AT ALL! They're a defensive minded program and it has worked. But if you take a serious look throughout the history (recent) there are a few games that WOS could've won with better "developed" QB play...that's all. How is any of that a knock on WOS??

Didn’t mean that any of it is a knock.  For the longest they were one of the smaller schools in 4A and even after realignment.  Their strategy was to load defense since there wasn’t a ton of guys to spread around.

what I could definitely agree with is that the coaches stayed with some QBs because of their seniority.

anyway....good discussion.  Just my thoughts.

2 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

Didn’t mean that any of it is a knock.  For the longest they were one of the smaller schools in 4A and even after realignment.  Their strategy was to load defense since there wasn’t a ton of guys to spread around.

what I could definitely agree with is that the coaches stayed with some QBs because of their seniority.

this is true

20 minutes ago, Cherokee88 said:

WOS overlooked these guys  and it almost got them, but that is the sign of a great program (coming out flat and still able to beat a decent team).

WOS tightens things up and they are going to have a chance to play December football.

LCM played good football, 2 D1 players can sure cover up some issues, maybe they can tighten up some special teams problems and figure out how to beat the Pirates & Raiders this year for the district crown.  

Coach Hickman is star in the making, WOS fans need to be patient and enjoy the ride they are about to be on. 

WOS did not overlook them at all. If anything, I thought they played much better in the first half. 

how in the world you give up 24 unanswered points ? Ughh football in orange county sucks ughh !! The same teams win or loss every year !! Thank God houston is just down the road !! The best football is in houston and the greater houston area !! Just like Dominique toreto said in the fast and the furious you win by an inch or win win by a mile winning is winning!! Which means you just lost your pink slip to your car no matter how you lost !! Orange county football sucks !!

26 minutes ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

WOS fans do yall honestly believe LCM deserves to be Ranked 7th in state? I really thought they should be ranked between 15-20 before tonight. 

Yes!! No doubt.very well coached team!! The only thing have to find a back up RB or CB. To spell Morris some how.great game bears.

28 minutes ago, #1stangfan said:

I agree. As well as keyshon played in the first half.we still have to get Turner in the game throwing the ball.it will only make us better.

1 hour ago, Cherokee88 said:

Who besides Washington is D1. ? 

• jdawg03 changed the title to West Orange-Stark (37) @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (32) Final Game
  • jdawg03 changed the title to West Orange-Stark (37) @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (32) Final
3 hours ago, LCMAlumtiger32 said:

Need depth at running back. Morris cant do it all. Wos has more depth at skill positions which favors them

That right there is what I believe was the difference.  After Reynolds and Morris LCM doesn’t have another offensive standout.  If they can find someone to carry the load and take some of the burden off them, they will go very far. 

• jdawg03 changed the title to West Orange-Stark (38) @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (31) Final