Anahuac at hardin jefferson sept 2

lcm93

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Wrong. There have been many times an assistant coach or even head coach was hired and their son ended up being the starting QB. Package deal.

Of course I'm aware of that.  I guess what I mean is... How many times has Neece been a head coach where a former Head Coach comes in as an assistant with a son that starts as the varsity quarterback?  I'll add that I've heard that Barrier has a reputation of being pretty well versed in the area.  I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of arrangement was made before the hire about Barrier having a role somewhat. 

11 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Of course I'm aware of that.  I guess what I mean is... How many times has Neece been a head coach where a former Head Coach comes in as an assistant with a son that starts as the varsity quarterback?  I'll add that I've heard that Barrier has a reputation of being pretty well versed in the area.  I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of arrangement was made before the hire about Barrier having a role somewhat. 

I see what you are saying. To answer that question, never.

But I stood on the sidelines last Friday night (1st half on Anahuac side, 2nd half on Newton side) and from what I saw was Neece doing all the play calling.

Now that doesn't mean the plays weren't being radioed down from OC in the booth. But Neece carries a play card in his hand and when the time to call the play arose he referenced to it many times.

40 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But I stood on the sidelines last Friday night (1st half on Anahuac side, 2nd half on Newton side) and from what I saw was Neece doing all the play calling.

Now that doesn't mean the plays weren't being radioed down from OC in the booth. But Neece carries a play card in his hand and when the time to call the play arose he referenced to it many times.

Having personally witnessed dozens of Neece games, I too have seen him refer to the card/book he carries.  And I have always heard Neece was the sole OC in his career.  And from another HC/OC friend of mine who knows Neece, he is one of the best to ever do it on that side of the ball.

7 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I gotcha.  Well.. was it a typically called game for Neece compared to his usual play calling habits?  It seems that the young QB slung it around a little.  That par?