Roe versus Wade draft seems to overturn

8 hours ago, bullets13 said:

adopted out of the system, or adopted a step kid?  big difference there.  if you adopted a step kid, good on you, but that didn't do anything to actually help an unwanted kid in need.  if you adopted a kid out of the system, that's wonderful.  you'd be one of the few pro-lifers actually doing anything for the lives they're fighting so hard to save.  

oh, i have a huge problem with killing babies.  I just don't take exception to a woman choosing to terminate an unviable embryo in her own womb.  And I'll support both of my daughters' right to do the same if a situation ever arises where they feel it's necessary.  

Because I feel that a woman should be allowed to terminate a fetus the size of a thumb I don't the value the lives of my family and students?  I'd say your logic is a little flawed there.  I do have a pretty unique perspective on the unwanted kids thing, though, having worked with the impoverished and unwanted students for 15 years.  you know, all those kids that pro-lifers are constantly complaining about supporting on medicaid?  

They are not: my wife is a pro-choice Christian, and my kids will make their own decisions and form their own opinions as they grow older.  One thing is for sure, I'm not going to make that decision or form that opinion for them, just as I won't make that choice for them if they become unexpectedly pregnant, and just as I don't want religion-based legislation stopping them from having a choice.  

Adopted step kid

Me and wife did attempt to adopt but couldn’t afford it(ridiculous)

how do you know it’s unviable?

i do the same. And some of those kids ended up making something of themselves….but hey their life wasn’t important because they grew up in a terrible situation.

again it’s a life not a religion

10 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

For all those in favor of abortion Please respond with

”I believe I should have the right to kill innocent pure life”

Just say that and be done with it….no need in giving all your reasons and excuses

This goes for men and women since men can get pregnant now

so all you men please feel free to copy the quote and state your so proudly stance…

18 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted.

Like I stated above, I really don't have a side. I see both.

Actually, no, clearly you DO have a side. You just "picked and chose" a bunch of women's personal views off of FB that all point left. Every single one of them. I did not see a single one on the right side of the discussion, nor even one mention of any of the prospective fathers (except one that was called a monster).  

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

But you have to understand the viewpoints of the others.  What if the government tried to tell you how many kids you were legally allowed to have, kinda like they do in China?  My guess is that you believe that you, not the government (and your neighbors) should make that decision.  If you could momentarily remove the idea that "abortion is murder" from your thought process, it simply becomes a matter of the government (and your neighbors) intruding into your life.  That's the difference between "us" and "them."  They (for the most part) aren't amoral, sinful people... they just disagree with us on a core issue.  And if you could be so kind as to point me to a passage in the bible that specifically forbade abortion, it would make your point much more easy to defend.  And before you said "thou shalt not kill," remember that you all agreed that particular commandment doesn't apply to the murder of those who have been convicted by a District Court Judge of Capital Murder.  Is it such a stretch to believe that it also doesn't apply to the unborn, not yet capable of sustaining life?

Let's don't even talk about the abortion pills.  I'd love to hear all of y'all's thoughts on Plan B if you even know what it is.  

I was merely explaining the viewpoint of anti-abortionist before your word salad.  Feel free to explain the viewpoint of abortionist.  I’m all eyes.

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

I was merely explaining the viewpoint of anti-abortionist before your word salad.  Feel free to explain the viewpoint of abortionist.  I’m all eyes.

I believe that the pro-choice people don’t see it as murder. There’s no “blood of innocent babies” thoughts going through their mind. It’s a medical procedure like an appendectomy, or a boob job. But some people are willing to get in your face and call you a murderer and try to make it impossible to get this elective procedure done because if THEIR beliefs. 

There is literally no difference between those yayhoos blocking bull haulers out of packing plants and the people out protesting in front of abortion clinics. To a lot of people, trying to outlaw abortions is as much of an overreach as vegans trying to outlaw the slaughter of beef cattle. 

It’s difference of opinion, and that’s hard for some people to grasp. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I believe that the pro-choice people don’t see it as murder. There’s no “blood of innocent babies” thoughts going through their mind. It’s a medical procedure like an appendectomy, or a boob job. But some people are willing to get in your face and call you a murderer and try to make it impossible to get this elective procedure done because if THEIR beliefs. 

There is literally no difference between those yayhoos blocking bull haulers out of packing plants and the people out protesting in front of abortion clinics. To a lot of people, trying to outlaw abortions is as much of an overreach as vegans trying to outlaw the slaughter of beef cattle. 

You are 100% correct. It IS a difference of opinion. But those that are pro-abortion for any reason at all are stopping the heartbeat of a child. 

4 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Actually, no, clearly you DO have a side. You just "picked and chose" a bunch of women's personal views off of FB that all point left. Every single one of them. I did not see a single one on the right side of the discussion, nor even one mention of any of the prospective fathers (except one that was called a monster).  

I only copied that exert to see what folks thoughts on it were.

I stated that I am not for all abortions. I'm also not for anti abortion. I think in some cases (mostly the ones that were in my post) I'm okay with. Like I said, this law shouldn't be broad stroked, either way.

12 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

You are 100% correct. It IS a difference of opinion. But those that are pro-abortion for any reason at all are stopping the heartbeat of a child. 

That's the fact that abortion supporters don't like to deal with.

Call it a medical procedure to make themselves feel better about it, bottom line, the result of an abortion is the ending of a life.

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

I can see it clearly now. Woman goes to the doctor to have her appendix removed because it burst and peritonitis is setting in. Then she tells the doctor that since he is already in the general area, could he kill her baby while he is at it. Might could save a bit on surgical  costs. Easy Peasy Japanesey 

11 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Adopted step kid

Me and wife did attempt to adopt but couldn’t afford it(ridiculous)

how do you know it’s unviable?

i do the same. And some of those kids ended up making something of themselves….but hey their life wasn’t important because they grew up in a terrible situation.

again it’s a life not a religion

Age of viability is well-established.  If the baby can live outside of the womb, or even has a chance to, it's viable.  That's my moral cutoff, whereas some of y'all are at heartbeat and some are at conception.  I don't know why nobody chooses at egg.  Seems as reasonable a standard as some of the others.

27 minutes ago, baddog said:

I’ve never known anything to grow that was not alive. 

63,000,000….oops, my bad. Really? In the sex education classes they should show videos of  an abortion being performed. Maybe some of the informed women could make better decisions about contraception. 

I agree.  There’s no doubt in my mind that 98% pro-abortionist would not be able to watch an actual abortion taking place.  Watching a living thing being torn out of the mothers womb might change their minds.  In fact, for a large number, I’m sure it would.

22 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Age of viability is well-established.  If the baby can live outside of the womb, or even has a chance to, it's viable.  That's my moral cutoff, whereas some of y'all are at heartbeat and some are at conception.  I don't know why nobody chooses at egg.  Seems as reasonable a standard as some of the others.

So if it has a heartbeat, you don’t necessarily consider it a child?

Well, here’s one. I’d bet the house there are a million more has they had a chance to survive, even in low income families. 

GOP Senate candidate Kathy Barnette reveals she was product of rape in Pennsylvania debate

This is the hidden content, please

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at

This is the hidden content, please

I think that it's probably good to note what this anticipated ruling actually means, at least as I understand it.  With Roe and Casey overturned, the matter would be left up to the individual states to decide whether it's legal or not.  Texas recently enacted one of the most restrictive laws regarding abortion in the state.  I fully expect that law to be challenged, but I also expect a push here to enact another even more restrictive law, perhaps a total ban on abortions in Texas.  I also expect any number of laws nation wide to be challenged by pro-choice forces immediately.  I think at the end of the day all that we're doing is setting up an ongoing series of legal actions legalizing, then criminalizing abortion based on a one or two vote margin in the supreme court.  

The reversal really isn't going to do a whole lot other than cause more trouble.  And it'll cause even more damage to the republican cause because every day there are Pro-lifers dying off and pro choicers turning 18 and earning the right to vote, and they will likely not vote for the party of old dudes that want to force their beliefs on everybody else.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

that is correct.  I still consider it a fetus or an embryo, depending on the stage of development.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

So if a baby is born and left alone can it still live?

2 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

That's the fact that abortion supporters don't like to deal with.

Call it a medical procedure to make themselves feel better about it, bottom line, the result of an abortion is the ending of a life.

Yep constantly changing the Terms so that it feels better…..red flag

as you can tell no one has copy and pasted the phrase I asked them to for those that support the killing of a baby……to me they re cowards behind excuses and terminology….constant deflection….cause they can’t handle the truth and what comes with it…..they don’t like the label cause deep down they know it’s wrong because they are LIVING and breathing air.

39 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I think that it's probably good to note what this anticipated ruling actually means, at least as I understand it.  With Roe and Casey overturned, the matter would be left up to the individual states to decide whether it's legal or not.  Texas recently enacted one of the most restrictive laws regarding abortion in the state.  I fully expect that law to be challenged, but I also expect a push here to enact another even more restrictive law, perhaps a total ban on abortions in Texas.  I also expect any number of laws nation wide to be challenged by pro-choice forces immediately.  I think at the end of the day all that we're doing is setting up an ongoing series of legal actions legalizing, then criminalizing abortion based on a one or two vote margin in the supreme court.  

The reversal really isn't going to do a whole lot other than cause more trouble.  And it'll cause even more damage to the republican cause because every day there are Pro-lifers dying off and pro choicers turning 18 and earning the right to vote, and they will likely not vote for the party of old dudes that want to force their beliefs on everybody else.

Let’s see, do I want to be a member of the young hipster party that has no problem snuffing out the lives of unborn children for convenience or the party of old fuddy duddies that would love to save every one of them? 🤔 

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Yep constantly changing the Terms so that it feels better…..red flag

as you can tell no one has copy and pasted the phrase I asked them to for those that support the killing of a baby……to me they re cowards behind excuses and terminology….constant deflection….cause they can’t handle the truth and what comes with it…..they don’t like the label cause deep down they know it’s wrong because they are LIVING and breathing air.

I have stated that I am against an all abortion right. I am also against anti abortion. Shouldn't be broad stroke law for either side.