Roe versus Wade draft seems to overturn

I do not think abortion should be used as birth control, but I also don't think it's any of our business what is discussed and decided between a doctor and a patient. 

Do any of you actually know someone who's had to make this choice before?  I feel like a lot of you think that it's something they women WANT to do, it's not. They're doing it because they think it's best for the situation they are in.  

3 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

I do not think abortion should be used as birth control, but I also don't think it's any of our business what is discussed and decided between a doctor and a patient. 

Do any of you actually know someone who's had to make this choice before?  I feel like a lot of you think that it's something they women WANT to do, it's not. They're doing it because they think it's best for the situation they are in.  

What if AFTER the child is born, they think there situation would be better without the newborn?...

Is it ok for them to take its life? I mean, it's best for them after all.

3 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

What if AFTER the child is born, they think there situation would be better without the newborn?...

Is it ok for them to take its life? I mean, it's best for them after all.

After it's born, no I think that's considered murder. Maybe TVC can help us with that. 🙄

9 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

After it's born, no I think that's considered murder. Maybe TVC can help us with that. 🙄

And you probably think murder is atrocious.  If so, you can understand why anti-abortionist find abortion so repugnant, we see it as murder.  Whether you’re pro or anti, that explanation should at least show why those anti-abortion or so adamant about it.  To the pro-abortionist it’s a matter of “rights”, serious enough in it’s own respect, but murder tops it.

I post this not to change your opinion but simply to show why those of us in the anti group feel as strongly as we do.

50 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

For their 18th birthday, all males should get a vasectomy - It's reversible until their ready for a child.  

This gives all the power to men on reproduction. 

My dad offered to pay for a vasectomy for me after the birth of my son.  I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to feel about that. 

22 minutes ago, Hagar said:

And you probably think murder is atrocious.  If so, you can understand why anti-abortionist find abortion so repugnant, we see it as murder.  Whether you’re pro or anti, that explanation should at least show why those anti-abortion or so adamant about it.  To the pro-abortionist it’s a matter of “rights”, serious enough in it’s own respect, but murder tops it.

I post this not to change your opinion but simply to show why those of us in the anti group feel as strongly as we do.

But you have to understand the viewpoints of the others.  What if the government tried to tell you how many kids you were legally allowed to have, kinda like they do in China?  My guess is that you believe that you, not the government (and your neighbors) should make that decision.  If you could momentarily remove the idea that "abortion is murder" from your thought process, it simply becomes a matter of the government (and your neighbors) intruding into your life.  That's the difference between "us" and "them."  They (for the most part) aren't amoral, sinful people... they just disagree with us on a core issue.  And if you could be so kind as to point me to a passage in the bible that specifically forbade abortion, it would make your point much more easy to defend.  And before you said "thou shalt not kill," remember that you all agreed that particular commandment doesn't apply to the murder of those who have been convicted by a District Court Judge of Capital Murder.  Is it such a stretch to believe that it also doesn't apply to the unborn, not yet capable of sustaining life?

Let's don't even talk about the abortion pills.  I'd love to hear all of y'all's thoughts on Plan B if you even know what it is.  

51 minutes ago, Bobcat1 said:

How about taking the necessary steps to lower the chances of becoming pregnant?  

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

Nope, they are still guilty of the crime they've commented. Yes, God will forgive them for their sins if they truly ask Him and they will enter the kingdom of heaven, but they still will pay for the consequences of their actions. Which in a death penalty case, he/she will and should be put to death.

"Vengenance is mine, sayeth the Lord." It seem like I remember reading that somewhere. 

22 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

And if you could be so kind as to point me to a passage in the bible that specifically forbade abortion, it would make your point much more easy to defend.  And before you said "thou shalt not kill," remember that you all agreed that particular commandment doesn't apply to the murder of those who have been convicted by a District Court Judge of Capital Murder.  Is it such a stretch to believe that it also doesn't apply to the unborn, not yet capable of sustaining life?

Let's don't even talk about the abortion pills.  I'd love to hear all of y'all's thoughts on Plan B if you even know what it is.  

This is the hidden content, please

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

See what they’re willing to do to protect the obvious legal fiction of a constitutional right to abortion?

The ugliness of their assault on Justice Kavanaugh 3 years ago was just a prelude to the vicious, widespread insanity that’s coming.

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

This is the hidden content, please

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

So you’re a vegan?

it’s all open to interpretation. Some people won’t eat or shellfish. I don’t have a problem with it. Does that make me wrong and others right? Does that give me the right to legislate other peoples’ beliefs?

I’m opposed to abortion, but not so much so that I can’t see the world from any position other than my own. 

There used to be a guy that always had graphic pro-life billboards (homemade) alongside highway 59 outside of Livingston. I’ve always wondered how many women were brutally reminded of a decision that they regret making a decade or two ago… and how many other people had there opinions forever altered towards pro-choice beliefs after seeing the hateful nature of the message thrown out there by some holier-than-thou who’s never been in a young woman’s shoes, but was more than willing to tell anybody who driving up and down the highway what there choice should be, or when they die they’re gonna go to a “lake of fire and burn forever” instead of going to “paradise” to be with some intergalactic carpenter who supposedly lived a couple thousand years ago and, get this, died so that we can go to “heaven” if we act right. Because eternity doesn’t seem like a priority when you have a very real unplanned pregnancy  in the literal now. 

Sometimes we have the right belief but our message sucks. 

6 hours ago, bullets13 said:

I think that's great, and I'm not attempting to be disingenuous.  But what your church does is just a drop in the bucket, and what all churches collectively do isn't much more.  infinitely more unwanted babies thrown into an already broken system where not nearly enough is being done by churches and charities is going to make things significantly worse.  

Well have you looked at the statistics of people attending church….each and every year less and less are going so how are churches able to help if they don’t have the funds to help.

6 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Those same suburban women who voted Biden because Trump was so appalling are gonna line up and vote Democrat again because the Republicans are focused on imposing religious view on people who aren't necessarily Christian instead of focusing on the real problems at hand... like the economy.  

Sometimes it's embarrassing how stupid the ultra conservatives can be.  They're literally making the election cycle about religious issues when they could kill the Dems by staying focused on the economy. 

It’s a life not a religion

11 hours ago, bullets13 said:

My humble opinion is that our state is getting closer and closer to a swing state, and the right isn't going to get away with doing extreme conservative right things for very long, even if the SC is (for the moment) stacked with conservative justices.  It's also true that all the guys on here backslapping over this would be losing their mind if the roles were reversed and a bunch of liberal justices were setting liberal precedents that weren't representative of the country's beliefs as a whole.  

Extreme: let’s not kill babies….

ok gotcha