Roe versus Wade draft seems to overturn

If it turns out to be true, TVC pretty much nailed it a week or two ago. 

Personally I’m surprised, but I also think this decision could definitely stall the “red wave” that’s been predicted this November. This is an issue that could motivate otherwise apathetic liberal voters to the polls. 

If they ever figure out who leaked the draft, my guess is that they’ll be a liberal. 

I read cases as part of my career but also even outside of my chosen profession, I read cases, sometimes amicus briefs, prior rulings and oral arguments.

The only point of that is that from what I understand, typically after oral arguments, the justices decide in private of their decision.  A decision might be released a couple of months later but it didn’t take several weeks to come to a decision.

So from my understanding these cases might be concluded shortly after the case is presented. The Chief Justice then assigns the official response to a justice including himself. That might take quite a while to draft. Other justices can write a concurring decision or a dissent or join together for either.

Apparently this case was decided a while back like normal but is not yet official.   Could it change or could it be a well crafted hoax? Sure but I suspect someone (law clerk?) got his/her hands on it and could not wait.

If it was actually leaked, true and just a guess then a law clerk for Sotomayor, Kagan or Breyer. From the document that I saw, it was a photo copy and not electronically taken. That tends to make me feel more it is more likely real because data is easier to track. To simply use a copy machine and later upload it on some public server would make it harder (but likely not impossible) track the leak.

On the other hand it could be completely fake but the scam artist has the same idea that I mentioned and used the photo copy appearance to further the ruse….. :) 

What do we know (as well as you can “know” anything in DC).
1- Leaks, like this one, rarely happen.

2- As CB pointed out, the Dems have been wanting to motivate their base.

3- Dems have been in meltdown mode over Musk getting Twitter.  If this story is true it would have them even more insane (If you’ve seen World War Z, remember the part were the Jews were celebrating, making to much noise, and the Z’s attacked the wall?  That’ll be the Dems).

So the point I’m trying to make, rather badly I’m afraid, this could be Democratic 🐂💩.

The Demonic Left Will Stop At Nothing — Including Destroying The Supreme Court — To Kill Babies! 

It appears that there is no doubt that this was leaked to gain a perceived advantage for the elections in November.  But, if this is the actual ruling -- it could backfire on the commies.  It could pump the conservative base up proving what a conservative president and conservative judges will do.  It needed to be overturned and sent back to the States because it was a flawed decision.  

This is the hidden content, please

2 hours ago, Reagan said:

The Demonic Left Will Stop At Nothing — Including Destroying The Supreme Court — To Kill Babies! 

It appears that there is no doubt that this was leaked to gain a perceived advantage for the elections in November.  But, if this is the actual ruling -- it could backfire on the commies.  It could pump the conservative base up proving what a conservative president and conservative judges will do.  It needed to be overturned and sent back to the States because it was a flawed decision.  

This is the hidden content, please

I definitely think it was leaked to gain an edge in the november elections like you say, but it's not going to help the right.  the right is on pace to make huge gains, and pushing this at this time is more likely to derail that to some degree.  The left is currently beat down and despondent over how poorly Biden and Harris have done.  There's infighting like crazy in the democratic party.  And now you've just messed with the one issue that will instantly galvanize the left and bring them all back together.  It's dumb. As both sides always do, the right is interpreting disgust and apathy towards the left as an endorsement to push policies far right, which (as normally happens to both sides) will help steady the ship for the left.  

3 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

I definitely think it was leaked to gain an edge in the november elections like you say, but it's not going to help the right.  the right is on pace to make huge gains.  The problem is (as both sides typically erroneously do) the right is interpreting the exodus from the left as an endorsement to push policies far right, which (as normally happens to both sides) will help steady the ship for the left.  

The left started this mess with passing abortion in the first place…..this is just going back to how it was and how it should be.

6 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

The left started this mess with passing abortion in the first place…..this is just going back to how it was and how it should be.

It's been 50 years.  Our country is infinitely more liberal than it was 50 years ago, including moderate and republican voters.  This move is likely going to amount to political disaster for the right.  right when the republican party is poised to take back power in a big way you're galvanizing the left, and once again pushing those "stupid moderate" voters back to the left.  

I also read where some(?) are calling on legal challenges to same-sex marriages.  I'm a little afraid that an outright assault on what most voters consider "rights" is going to be no different than what we see with "woke-ism" that has bogged down the Dems.  

Long story short, we've got way bigger fish to fry than imposing our religious views on everybody else. 

I’ve always believed people vote with there pocket books first, an up to this point the average American voter is getting crushed financially with this regime. I believe abortion issue could push even more republicans to polls as well. Unfortunately if the massive voter fraud isn’t fixed it’s not going to make a difference.

3 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

I also read where some(?) are calling on legal challenges to same-sex marriages.  I'm a little afraid that an outright assault on what most voters consider "rights" is going to be no different than what we see with "woke-ism" that has bogged down the Dems.  

Long story short, we've got way bigger fish to fry than imposing our religious views on everybody else. 

Smh

35 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

It's been 50 years.  Our country is infinitely more liberal than it was 50 years ago, including moderate and republican voters.  This move is likely going to amount to political disaster for the right.  right when the republican party is poised to take back power in a big way you're galvanizing the left, and once again pushing those "stupid moderate" voters back to the left.  

Some have a moral conscience….

The fact that moderates and fence riding liberals will use this to sway their vote speaks volume.

”I d rather be able to kill a baby than help the economy, protect the border, fight crime, etc etc etc….  “

You said it “stupid moderate”

37 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

Do you like where we are right now with how how liberal society is?

50 years is actually a short time compared to the beginning of the human race.

2 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

Some have a moral conscience….

The fact that moderates and fence riding liberals will use this to sway their vote speaks volume.

”I d rather be able to kill a baby than help the economy, protect the border, fight crime, etc etc etc….  “

okay.