Roe versus Wade draft seems to overturn

On 5/21/2022 at 5:47 AM, Unwoke said:

Kudos to the Catholic Church for their stance.  Nancy was asked to meet with the Archbishop but never showed up.  Why?  She knows she’s wrong.  There’s no grey area on this in the Catholic Church.  And kudos to the other Christian denominations who take the same stance.  To not do so concerns me for others.

On 5/10/2022 at 3:21 PM, 5GallonBucket said:

For moderates and lefties that were leaning towards voting conservative this November…….

Does a living baby sway your vote back to the extreme left and all the cons of the left that we are dealing with now and will continue to deal with (and will get worse) if the left still have control?

?????

7 hours ago, 5GallonBucket said:

?????

Bored so I will try to answer.

For those aforementioned, if you were leaning toward voting for the conservative candidate this time due to…. supply chain issues, an incompetent president, runaway inflation, all time high gasoline prices, longest downturn in the Dow Jones since 2001 (or 1923) depending on last week), leaving American troops and civilians to be abandoned and some murdered, giving up a strategic Air Force base, leaving billions of dollars of high tech military equipment to terrorists and so on…. does this potential Supreme Court ruling change your mind or in the previous short version, does some living babies trump all that?

2 hours ago, tvc184 said:

Bored so I will try to answer.

For those aforementioned, if you were leaning toward voting for the conservative candidate this time due to…. supply chain issues, an incompetent president, runaway inflation, all time high gasoline prices, longest downturn in the Dow Jones since 2001 (or 1923) depending on last week), leaving American troops and civilians to be abandoned and some murdered, giving up a strategic Air Force base, leaving billions of dollars of high tech military equipment to terrorists and so on…. does this potential Supreme Court ruling change your mind or in the previous short version, does some living babies trump all that?

And yet, there are those that will cast a vote for the D’s, citing the “good” job that biden and his puppet masters are doing.  Smmfh!

7 hours ago, BS Wildcats said:

And yet, there are those that will cast a vote for the D’s, citing the “good” job that biden and his puppet masters are doing.  Smmfh!

I know there are hot button issues for people and I have mine. Mine starts with the Second Amendment. I don’t want to compromise on that.

But abortion? For one it is not a listed constitutional right. Secondly it is a human life and thirdly there are so many to stop it beforehand from the Plan B pill to birth control.

I can’t imagine how many Democrats or moderates are watching this whole institution fall apart in front of their eyes, having never had to make a decision on abortion and likely will not have to. 

i ve posted this before it’s been a year or two since then.

For me it’s a “hard to listen” to the process that the doctor describes without an emotional reaction come over me.

for all you that believe in murdering babies take a listen and why you listen imagine this being one of your kids, grandkids, niece, nephew…..or even yourself.

It’s only 5 minutes…..take a listen if you dare.

7 hours ago, tvc184 said:

I know there are hot button issues for people and I have mine. Mine starts with the Second Amendment. I don’t want to compromise on that.

But abortion? For one it is not a listed constitutional right. Secondly it is a human life and thirdly there are so many to stop it beforehand from the Plan B pill to birth control.

I can’t imagine how many Democrats or moderates are watching this whole institution fall apart in front of their eyes, having never had to make a decision on abortion and likely will not have to. 

The problem that I'm worried about is that the guys on the far right will see the reversal as a sign that we're ready for a Taliban-like religious state.  Now there's talk of criminalizing abortions and even banning all contraceptives.  That's the kind of extreme talk that will move a lot of people right back over to the left side of the ticket. 

This is the hidden content, please

I'm sure that a lot of the reporting is a knee-jerk reaction to the possible overturn of Roe, but the fact that some in the R party are tossing those views around unchecked is a little unsettling. 

1 hour ago, CardinalBacker said:

The problem that I'm worried about is that the guys on the far right will see the reversal as a sign that we're ready for a Taliban-like religious state.  Now there's talk of criminalizing abortions and even banning all contraceptives.  That's the kind of extreme talk that will move a lot of people right back over to the left side of the ticket. 

I'm sure that a lot of the reporting is a knee-jerk reaction to the possible overturn of Roe, but the fact that some in the R party are tossing those views around unchecked is a little unsettling. 

There are always crazy views from someone.

It doesn’t matter what someone thinks. It matters what they can legally do or have support for.

Griswald makes it pretty clear that SCOTUS doesn’t have an issue with contraceptives. That is purely a private medical decision.  Abortion is not as if can kill another human. That isn’t a religious opinion but a law opinion.

There will always be kooks out there with some running for office. The Constitution keeps them in line.

There is no support from Republicans for banning contraceptives. I am not talking of individuals but support from the party.

For those that see overturning Roe/Casey (if it happens) as freedom to do practically anything, they haven’t been paying attention in class…..

12 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

🤦

• 3 weeks later...