2022 Willie Ray Smith Award Finalists - Winners Announced

6 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I can name 20 Titans that should've been on here but i aint crying about it. Lol

THIS. 

You can count on every year when the WRS nominations come out you’ll see Silsbee show up and argue that at least two more Silsbee kids were more deserving than the kids who actually got nominated. 

I remember 4 years or so ago when Silsbee fan was arguing that their duo of rbs BOTH deserved to be finalists. 

Then there was the year that Silsbee fan felt like Adonis Thomas deserved somebody else’s nomination on offense, then the Silsbee coach moved the kid to linebacker the next year. I guess he was so good on offense his own coach decided to switch him over to D. 

Silsbee fan literally believes that if he’s heard a Silsbee kid’s name on the PA, he’s more deserving than any kid from another school who actually got nominated. 

Personally, I've only complained when Dontre Thomas didn't win the offensive award. Really thought he deserved it with his numbers.

Many "non" Silsbee fans thought the same.

All other years I had no complaint.

I also believe the "complaining" being blown out proportion. Not nearly like what some are posting. I actually believe it's mainly been just one or two Silsbee fans.

I am a voter and I did vote Miller as one of my finalists but was not surprised when he didn't make finalists. It's rare for a soph. WR to make finalists.

I would have had no problem with Vidor's Smith making finalists. I did not vote for him (it was close for me with the LCM DE) but Smith is just as deserving with his numbers.

The WRS award is not participated as much as it use to be. Some area coaches did not nominate players this year. As voters, we can only vote for players that are nominated. PA Memorial's Sanders is an obvious omission. He would have definitely made my four finalists and probably would have been my choice for the offensive winner.

It is what it is.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 9:57 PM, CardinalBacker said:

THIS. 

You can count on every year when the WRS nominations come out you’ll see Silsbee show up and argue that at least two more Silsbee kids were more deserving than the kids who actually got nominated. 

I remember 4 years or so ago when Silsbee fan was arguing that their duo of rbs BOTH deserved to be finalists. 

Then there was the year that Silsbee fan felt like Adonis Thomas deserved somebody else’s nomination on offense, then the Silsbee coach moved the kid to linebacker the next year. I guess he was so good on offense his own coach decided to switch him over to D. 

Silsbee fan literally believes that if he’s heard a Silsbee kid’s name on the PA, he’s more deserving than any kid from another school who actually got nominated. 

Nothing surprising considering the source. 

Click bait.

• Bobcat1 changed the title to 2022 Willie Ray Smith Award Finalists - Winners Announced