Buna 68 Coldspring-Oakhurst 63/FINAL

32 minutes ago, watup said:

Buna wins 68-63.  Good game by both teams.  Coldsprings faltered at the end.  Good job by Buna to drop back on defense.  Trojans we’re very quick tonight, congrats on your season.  Congrats to the Coogs on advancing to round 3.

Thanks @watup for the compliment. Good luck to The Buna Cougar in round 3

• AggiesAreWe changed the title to Buna 68 Coldspring-Oakhurst 63/FINAL
1 hour ago, catfever said:

Weren’t some people on here calling for the coach’s job earlier this year? Did he make some changes or did his decisions end up being the right ones anyway?

There was a poster always saying how undisciplined the team was playing. Idk if he was asking for the coach to be fired though 

4 hours ago, catfever said:

Weren’t some people on here calling for the coach’s job earlier this year? Did he make some changes or did his decisions end up being the right ones anyway?

I must have missed that gem.  I do remember one basketball aficionado posting that Whitmire was one of the most underrated coaches in our area.  That guy is almost always right by the way. 

You’re always going to have those whining, crying, and pitching a fit calling for a coaches job. They’re waiting in the wings to pound their chest when their team falters and can’t wait to throw it out there, “I told you so.” That’s never going to end when it comes to small schools. 

Those types remind me of a bunch of seagulls. All squawk.

8 minutes ago, TXHORN_ET said:

You’re always going to have those whining, crying, and pitching a fit calling for a coaches job. They’re waiting in the wings to pound their chest when their team falters and can’t wait to throw it out there, “I told you so.” That’s never going to end when it comes to small schools. 

Those types remind me of a bunch of seagulls. All squawk.

Usually because their kids were sore after practice/workouts or didn't get enough playing time. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Correct.

I haven't seen that poster on here in awhile. 

Oh I’m still here. I never once called from him to be fired. Whit just does things different than I would and I can’t put up with turnovers over and over. I don’t have a kid on the team just like basketball so don’t say anything about my kid not getting playing time. My boys played plenty and had good careers for Whit and they both should have been benched at some point too for turnovers. 

1 minute ago, Waterboys said:

Oh I’m still here. I never once called from him to be fired. Whit just does things different than I would and I can’t put up with turnovers over and over. I don’t have a kid on the team just like basketball so don’t say anything about my kid not getting playing time. My boys played plenty and had good careers for Whit and they both should have been benched at some point too for turnovers. 

Yup i hear ya. 

16 hours ago, catfever said:

If anyone from Buna wants him gone consider it a very very very small group. Whitmire will be there until he wants to move or retires and deservedly so. Not only is he one of the best players to walk through Buna High he is one of the best coaches behind the great Cotton Robinson to walk the sidelines as well. I’ve always been a huge Whitmire supporter and this year has been a testament to how good of a coach he truly is.