Lumberton 36 Orangefield 47/FINAL

5 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

those coaches don't get on here and talk about how great they are, and how they're better than other coaches.  oh wait, he "doesn't either".  Kinda funny how @RaiderGirl2010 stated that he doesn't have an account on here because "she knows him", and then 15 minutes after she makes that statement a 15-year-old account with 6 total posts magically signs in, sees this thread and comments about how he turned the program around.  And coach green is taking those athletes deep into the playoffs in a higher classification against significantly better competition, not losing to the first team with a winning record he faces in the playoffs every year.  

It’s a conspiracy man🤫

it’s probably people coming on here defending their coach….

Don’t assume with your 90% sure comment.

shouldn’t you be teaching class 

14 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

It’s a conspiracy man🤫

it’s probably people coming on here defending their coach….

Don’t assume with your 90% sure comment.

shouldn’t you be teaching class 

Shouldn't you?

Funny, I was just speaking to someone about one being a school teacher. My how news travels fast.

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

those coaches don't get on here and talk about how great they are, and how they're better than other coaches.  oh wait, he "doesn't either".  Kinda funny how @RaiderGirl2010 stated that he doesn't have an account on here because "she knows him", and then 15 minutes after she makes that statement a 15-year-old account with 6 total posts magically signs in, sees this thread and comments about how he turned the program around.  One might presume she texted and asked him about having an account on here, might they?  And coach green is taking those athletes deep into the playoffs in a higher classification against significantly better competition, not losing to the first team with a winning record he faces in the playoffs every year.  

I’ve known him for years, I’ve known his wife since I was in 7th grade (I turned 30 yesterday), I’m always with some of his family so yes I know him. I’ve been in Lumberton my whole life so I kinda know people 🤦‍♀️ And I know some Lumberton people (no relation) to him that have accounts who don’t ever sign in and post so don’t always assume things. 

6 minutes ago, RaiderGirl2010 said:

I’ve known him for years, I’ve known his wife since I was in 7th grade (I turned 30 yesterday), I’m always with some of his family so yes I know him. I’ve been in Lumberton my whole life so I kinda know people 🤦‍♀️ And I know some Lumberton people (no relation) to him that have accounts who don’t ever sign in and post so don’t always assume things. 

Well, I have been an admin on this site since 2006 (16 years, site started in Dec. 2005) and I have seen many accounts on this site be folks who claim have never had an account. As a regular member, you do not have the access that we admins have here in checking out accounts on this site so you really DON'T KNOW. Can only take their word.

Again, I am not saying who has an account or not has one but you simply cannot state YOU KNOW and call it fact unless you have access to those accounts.

bullets has access and has done some research. I would tend to agree with him before I take your word.

1 hour ago, 5GallonBucket said:

@bullets13do you have a personal issue with coach Mitchell? Or does your random “What’s the excuse this time” comment something you normally post on Lumberton losses

No personal issue.  I’ve never met the man.  An account created a thread several months back that was pretty disparaging to some local coaches, and very complimentary of Mitchell (and others, but his name kept coming up).  Several posters in the thread seemed to be of the opinion that the account belonged to Mitchell (so this wasn’t some wild conclusion I came up with myself), and in fact there was serious speculation that a second account that kept agreeing with the first account in the thread belonged to him as well.  Looking at the post history of both accounts, it seemed very likely.  I’d give it <90% that it was him based on reading other posts from those accounts going back quite some time.  There were other comments in that thread concerning the fact that he had the benefit of an all-time player in the program, and Mitchell/“not Mitchell” scoffed at the idea that McClure was a bigger reason for Lumberton’s improvement than Mitchell himself.  And now all year long Lumberton fans have come up with one reason after another as they’ve underperformed, which was the purpose of my original excuse post.  “So and so is injured”, “Mitchell wasn’t there”, “the refs”, etc.  Without a doubt Mitchell played a part in lumberton’s improvement, but I tend to think it’s not AS BIG of a part as some others think. 

7 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

No personal issue.  I’ve never met the man.  An account created a thread several months back that was pretty disparaging to some local coaches, and very complimentary of Mitchell (and others, but his name kept coming up).  Several posters in the thread seemed to be of the opinion that the account belonged to Mitchell (so this wasn’t some wild conclusion I came up with myself), and in fact there was serious speculation that a second account that kept agreeing with the first account in the thread belonged to him as well.  Looking at the post history of both accounts, it seemed very likely.  I’d give it <90% that it was him based on reading other posts from those accounts going back quite some time.  There were other comments in that thread concerning the fact that he had the benefit of an all-time player in the program, and Mitchell/“not Mitchell” scoffed at the idea that McClure was a bigger reason for Lumberton’s improvement than Mitchell himself.  And now all year long Lumberton fans have come up with one reason after another as they’ve underperformed, which was the purpose of my original excuse post.  “So and so is injured”, “Mitchell wasn’t there”, “the refs”, etc.  Without a doubt Mitchell played a part in lumberton’s improvement, but I tend to think it’s not AS BIG of a part as some others think. 

So it sounds like your not sure.

And as it be his team did suffer due to injuries as well as him not being there due to Covid. Are you serious ly going to say that those don’t play a factor.  That seems like common sense and something you would see.

24 minutes ago, 5GallonBucket said:

So it sounds like your not sure.

And as it be his team did suffer due to injuries as well as him not being there due to Covid. Are you serious ly going to say that those don’t play a factor.  That seems like common sense and something you would see.

Of course they do.  But what team this year hasn’t had to deal with both of those? I won’t say I’m certain.  I’ll say I’m almost certain.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Share the thread please. I need to see this.

42 minutes ago, sportslover5 said:

OMG….so much hate on here! Perhaps you need to consider the fact that Coach Mitchell has proven himself and doesn’t need to build himself up on here.  For those of you who dislike him so much, it is a shame that you have nothing better to do than to bash a coach! What a bunch of losers….

Where were you when he was on here doing it?  And as far as “bashing” goes, this is exceptionally mild.  Anyway, I’m done with this thread.  You can go back into posting retirement, mom. 

3 hours ago, yepyep said:

Share the thread please. I need to see this.

I’m not dredging it up.  Suffice it to say the same poster started the same thread twice about 6 months apart, and in his second post both times casually mentioned Mitchell.  Then a second poster jumped in and agreed on both posts, and then both posters spent the remainder of the threads vehemently defending the fact that he should be named among the very top coaches in the area, while talking down one particular area coach that they clearly don’t like.  Maybe it’s just his two biggest fans, but it was pretty transparent, and I wasn’t the only one who felt that way.  It’s also worth noting that neither poster has accessed the site since the second thread was made.  And now I really am done with this thread.  

5 hours ago, TxHoops said:

He wasn’t ever a D1 player according to some of the geniuses on here (well, one in particular).  Only took him half of a freshman season to dispel that notion…

The young man has had a better freshman year from an individual standpoint than I thought he would. That being said I’ve watched many many Lamar games over the years from McDonald gym to the civic center and finally the Montagne center. In that time frame I’ve seen a lot of players suit up that weren’t D1 players. I haven’t been in the season ticket seats the last few years because they have been hard to watch at times. I think they have the right man on the bench now but he’ll have to recruit some “D1” players to be successful. I think they are currently 2-20. Never been called a genius before but I have watched a game or two.

I don't personally know Mitchell but my nephew does as they played together when Kendrick Perkins was at Ozen and both of them always seemed to me to frustrate the hell out of Perkins. I will say he has brought the Lumberton program up to a higher level than in the past whether they are taking down district or getting their butts handed to them. He has them working hard but as everyone knows, sometimes it just doesn't seem to be working out. Lumberton has had several injuries this season and frankly the best defender we've had is the young man with the broken shoulder who plays game in and game out. If we hadn't been working around injuries who knows? Unfotunately you have to work with what you have. Hopefully they will become a spoiler for a couple of teams but if they don't there's always next year.

To me sounds like a lot of Mitchell and/or Lumberton haters on here. And that's ok, its your personal thoughts - you own that, that's your right

And everyone has a right to their opinions. And all should support others opinion rather you agree, like, dislike, or hate

I unlike most of this new America - that wants to destroy un liked opinion- support all speak 

but with that said

i believe Most people making comments on here - in my opinion - would never make them face to face or in a public forum - and if you are too scared to put a face with it - then why make strong opinion - stand up with your words

now lets talk about Brock

6'6" player that can handle ball and shoot - that makes wins come easy.

so lets look at before and during and after Brock

so basically Lumberton only made playoffs one time before Brock and Mitchell was player on that team (so that gives him some skill in the game)

so Lumberton without Brock and with Mitchell - no playoff appearances

Lumberton with Brock and Mitchell - 3 playoff appearances

First year without Brock and with Mitchell no playoff appearance

quick assessment - Lumberton was only good because of Brock - not Mitchell - is this true, not accurate, unfair, only time can answer 

so follow up on last remark.

and just to be clear - i am not a Lumberton fan, and don't live in Lumberton (i live in Orange almost Vidor but Orangefield school district)

I think Mitchell is good guy, i believe he has basketball skill - but does that make you a good coach. In my opinion no

i do believe he has the ability to be a good coach but is not there yet. He still learning and hopefully will get there. Because honestly, young men today need better leaders.

first thing in being a coach is being a leader, knowing your players, teaching them to grow and get most from their abilities while developing the young men mentally, physically, and emotionally. 

I laugh at the screaming and fits on the side line because i love doing same thing to the lousiest officials i have ever seen (worst). I love pushing it to the limit.

but what does that get - on me asked to leave game - on him players under performing 

BUT with that said, i am a supervisor of over 66 people - on the job you will not hear me raise my voice, demean anyone, harassment free, but most important, learn my teams strength and weakness and develop people to become successful. Put them in situation to succeed while coaching them to grow in areas of weakness so that they have all the opportunities to be successful in their career.