Barbay leaving Jasper

AggiesAreWe

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

Don't forget, Jasper wasn't really the most attractive job when he was hired, and he probably should've told yall to kick rocks after hiring the Carthage boy wonder the year before and leaving him at the altar. Rather than criticize him for carrying on his father's tradition, maybe you should be proud that the name Barbay has been synonymous with Jasper for the last 10 years or so. Look around the coaching ranks, there are a lot of Barbay's doing a lot of good things. Brian had quite a few great teams in Coldspring and led one to a state championship appearance, You are familiar with Darrell's work, Kevin just landed an OC job at a Division one school after being very successful at Western Michigan, Florida, and SFA just to name a few, Brady is at Newton and is an up and comer in SETX and there are several other's in the pipeline behind them. And I haven't even mentioned Mrs. Barbay's contributions over the years to JISD in various positions. The ongoing legacy left by the OG Barbay's in Newton is something to be applauded and not brushed off by nitwit's who could only wish their last name carried some type of clout. The grass ain't always greener bubba......I hope I'm not back here in November saying I told you so.

I just ask if he would of got hired if his last name was different. I didn't ask for a barbay family tree although I'm sure their last names opened some doors to opportunities  they never would had otherwise.

On 3/1/2022 at 2:41 PM, 2wedge said:

Don't forget, Jasper wasn't really the most attractive job when he was hired, and he probably should've told yall to kick rocks after hiring the Carthage boy wonder the year before and leaving him at the altar. Rather than criticize him for carrying on his father's tradition, maybe you should be proud that the name Barbay has been synonymous with Jasper for the last 10 years or so. Look around the coaching ranks, there are a lot of Barbay's doing a lot of good things. Brian had quite a few great teams in Coldspring and led one to a state championship appearance, You are familiar with Darrell's work, Kevin just landed an OC job at a Division one school after being very successful at Western Michigan, Florida, and SFA just to name a few, Brady is at Newton and is an up and comer in SETX and there are several other's in the pipeline behind them. And I haven't even mentioned Mrs. Barbay's contributions over the years to JISD in various positions. The ongoing legacy left by the OG Barbay's in Newton is something to be applauded and not brushed off by nitwit's who could only wish their last name carried some type of clout. The grass ain't always greener bubba......I hope I'm not back here in November saying I told you so. 

Let me start with this. 

I personally don't know Thorton in any shape,format or fashion(that I an aware of). Can't tell ya if he/she has been to one,every or any Jasper Bulldogs football games.  I do know Thorton has made some positive and supportive post on Jasper threads and the one particular post you quoted then responded with a confrontational tone was/is  a fair reasonable post. Cause I am gonna tell ya right here and now Jasper fans including myself at sometime wondered the same thing.  You know why? for the very reasons you named. The words clout, success, and tradition .  I even said myself that when your last name is synonymous with a coaching legend it helps in regards to getting jobs. to think otherwise is foolish. Yes,Darrell had above .500 success before he got to Jasper and had earned his own way. While here he won alot of games and stayed in line with the winning tradition synonymous (I noticed you like that word) associated with the Barbay name.  Tradition,success, by default brings with it EXPECTATIONS! Four out of 10 seasons Darrell coached here in Jasper he had the young men to go farther than the 3rd of playoffs '13,'14,17, and 18(BTW, the Silver&Blue ended two of those seasons).  Myself,(and to make it clear don't let my current ID fool ya, I have been around this forum a pretty good while. I used to be JasperDAWG but I broke some rules and was shunned for a period) and the handful of true Jasper fans who regularly post here have  NEVER bashed Barbay if anyone come close it was probably me. Have we questioned some things he did, of course. Just like fans of WOS did to Coach T and that man did nothing but in 11 short years as Coach there put together a hall of fame career. Since Darrell left, and I remind you he left on his own on a Thursday to take a job and start the Tuesday following.  Yet, us Jasper posters [or maybe nit wits as you say] have made a point publicly to wish him well. after this past season where in 3 games (so badly that other teams fans said they felt bad for our players) Darell Barbay basically conceded games.  I had mentioned he looked like a coach trying to get season over with so he could retire  Then look what happened.

So all the Barbay family tree you spoke of and the success. 

Guess what? the Barbay member we experienced has a third round ceiling, conceded games(so it appeared in multiple seasons), and then leaves our kids(yes we parents as well) on what 4-5 days notice.

None of which are synonymous with the Barbay name. So how and/or why come November(ironically the month Darrell could NOT get us passed) will you be telling us " I told ya so" ?

On 3/3/2022 at 9:59 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Let me start with this. 

I personally don't know Thorton in any shape,format or fashion(that I an aware of). Can't tell ya if he/she has been to one,every or any Jasper Bulldogs football games.  I do know Thorton has made some positive and supportive post on Jasper threads and the one particular post you quoted then responded with a confrontational tone was/is  a fair reasonable post. Cause I am gonna tell ya right here and now Jasper fans including myself at sometime wondered the same thing.  You know why? for the very reasons you named. The words clout, success, and tradition .  I even said myself that when your last name is synonymous with a coaching legend it helps in regards to getting jobs. to think otherwise is foolish. Yes,Darrell had above .500 success before he got to Jasper and had earned his own way. While here he won alot of games and stayed in line with the winning tradition synonymous (I noticed you like that word) associated with the Barbay name.  Tradition,success, by default brings with it EXPECTATIONS! Four out of 10 seasons Darrell coached here in Jasper he had the young men to go farther than the 3rd of playoffs '13,'14,17, and 18(BTW, the Silver&Blue ended two of those seasons).  Myself,(and to make it clear don't let my current ID fool ya, I have been around this forum a pretty good while. I used to be JasperDAWG but I broke some rules and was shunned for a period) and the handful of true Jasper fans who regularly post here have  NEVER bashed Barbay if anyone come close it was probably me. Have we questioned some things he did, of course. Just like fans of WOS did to Coach T and that man did nothing but in 11 short years as Coach there put together a hall of fame career. Since Darrell left, and I remind you he left on his own on a Thursday to take a job and start the Tuesday following.  Yet, us Jasper posters [or maybe nit wits as you say] have made a point publicly to wish him well. after this past season where in 3 games (so badly that other teams fans said they felt bad for our players) Darell Barbay basically conceded games.  I had mentioned he looked like a coach trying to get season over with so he could retire  Then look what happened.

Guess what? the Barbay member we experienced has a third round ceiling, conceded games(so it appeared in multiple seasons), and then leaves our kids(yes we parents as well) on what 4-5 days notice.

None of which are synonymous with the Barbay name. So how and/or why come November(ironically the month Darrell could NOT get us passed) will you be telling us " I told ya so" ?

You and I both know he didn't just pick up and leave for no reason. The politics in that town, especially in relation to athletics, are unbelievable. We can go back and forth on this, but there's no use. He's happy, Jasper is happy, so were just beating a dead horse. 

The "I Told Ya So" comment would be for the ones who would rather see him leave than stay. I hope that is not the case, but I've been around long enough to know the grass isn't always greener in these situations. 

Also, conceding games, come on man. 

10 minutes ago, 2wedge said:

You and I both know he didn't just pick up and leave for no reason. The politics in that town, especially in relation to athletics, are unbelievable. We can go back and forth on this, but there's no use. He's happy, Jasper is happy, so were just beating a dead horse. 

The "I Told Ya So" comment would be for the ones who would rather see him leave than stay. I hope that is not the case, but I've been around long enough to know the grass isn't always greener in these situations. 

Also, conceding games, come on man. 

On 10/1/2021 at 9:27 PM, Dat Brook said:

I've never seen a team give up like Jasper did. 13-0 LCM beats Jasper for the first time in 40 years

It looked Like there coaching staff did too.

On 3/7/2022 at 10:31 AM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:
  On 10/1/2021 at 9:27 PM, Dat Brook said:

I've never seen a team give up like Jasper did. 13-0 LCM beats Jasper for the first time in 40 years

It looked Like there coaching staff did too.

No doubt. Seems very likely that the "coaches quit". Coaches always "quit" and the fans are the ones who can tell. Just by watching in the stands, the fans can tell that the coaches "quit" and that they probably didnt spend several hours watching film. Just decided to "quit". That is what it means when a team loses by 13. 

On 3/3/2022 at 9:59 PM, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Let me start with this. 

Has any other coach in Jasper's history had a "3rd round ceiling"? or is Barbay the first?

5 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Has any other coach in Jasper's history had a "3rd round ceiling"? or is Barbay the first?

yep, sure have. including the best coach in program to this point, Gene Walkoviak. Some, not even that.

Now, since you didnt pay attention I will explain to you as to why that was pointed out(apparently you don't realize) he spoke of the name Barbay and the success that is synonymous with it. Well, Curtis and Brian Barbay both lead teams to semi and finals appearances. I thought I clearly said the Barbay we had was unable to do so. the conversation was clearly about the name Barbay. not our program entire coach history.

4 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

No doubt. Seems very likely that the "coaches quit". Coaches always "quit" and the fans are the ones who can tell. Just by watching in the stands, the fans can tell that the coaches "quit" and that they probably didnt spend several hours watching film. Just decided to "quit". That is what it means when a team loses by 13. 

so it appears like I said. I stand by that statement and I KNOW I am not alone. oh, that was one example I quoted. check out Jasper threads of their games here and at Smoaky. I am not gonna do it for you.  With the junior high type offensive game play to some other that wasn't even that. our young men didn't stand a chance, by doing as they were told.

so there ya go. (BTW, there were other seasons in games it "appeared to be the same)

2 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

so it appears like I said. I stand by that statement and I KNOW I am not alone. oh, that was one example I quoted. check out Jasper threads of their games here and at Smoaky. I am not gonna do it for you.  With the junior high type offensive game play to some other that wasn't even that. our young men didn't stand a chance, by doing as they were told.

so there ya go. (BTW, there were other seasons in games it "appeared to be the same)

You may not be "alone" but if you think the Jasper coaches "quit" you are out in space. Quote all the threads you want but no one "quit" and Jasper fielded a formidable team and they finished strong. The Barbay "you had" did not become dumb all of a sudden, nor did they run a "Jr High type offense". Did you personally personnel the squad? What did they do at practice? What were the skill sets of each position group? Did any of the key spots/players have limitations? These are questions for which you surely have the answer?  

1 hour ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

@89Falcon good screen name for someone who is a Rusk EAGLE fan.. lol..  you are wise beyond your years.

can you tell me please when the last time Rusk beat Jasper in Varsity football?

anywho......

LOL, you got me figured out. I am a "Rusk Eagle fan". You were closer to the mark with your fantasies about the Jasper coaching staff.

Guest mrtomcat
12 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

LOL, you got me figured out. I am a "Rusk Eagle fan". You were closer to the mark with your fantasies about the Jasper coaching staff.

I may be wrong, but you have the markings of a former coach that now works in a managment sales role?  But then again, i may be way off.

18 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

You may not be "alone" but if you think the Jasper coaches "quit" you are out in space. Quote all the threads you want but no one "quit" and Jasper fielded a formidable team and they finished strong. The Barbay "you had" did not become dumb all of a sudden, nor did they run a "Jr High type offense". Did you personally personnel the squad? What did they do at practice? What were the skill sets of each position group? Did any of the key spots/players have limitations? These are questions for which you surely have the answer?  

So now you are saying that Darrell was dumb all along, cause such doesn't happen over night. WOW.

That's some "I hate being bi-polar. It's great!" type stuff right there.  off your meds again?

all the things you mentioned, were brought up and acknowledged throughout the season. so eat sleep, rave, & repeat.  

as it's been said the young men could only run what they were told and at times it looked as vanilla and generic as what we did in Middle school.

8 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

So now you are saying that Darrell was dumb all along, cause such doesn't happen over night. WOW.

That's some "I hate being bi-polar. It's great!" type stuff right there.  off your meds again?

all the things you mentioned, were brought up and acknowledged throughout the season. so eat sleep, rave, & repeat.  

as it's been said the young men could only run what they were told and at times it looked as vanilla and generic as what we did in Middle school.

?? Can you read? I believe you can read the transcript where I said "he did not become dumb all of a sudden". The Jasper coaches did not quit, they worked hard, they are good coaches and the team they fielded this year was very tough. Is that enough clarity for you?

You seem like a coaching expert. Is it possible the players would not do what they were told? Is it possible they could not run a different offense? Is it possible that the coaches tailored the offense/defense to the players? How many times have you put in a game plan? for Carthage? etc?

Jasper lost their OC right before two-a days if I remember correctly (who went back to the Spread from the Slot/Wing T that we had been running) and that along with a lack of game breakers and physicality on offense made that side of the ball a constant sore spot for us. 

I don't think anybody quit. LCM was more physical on defense than they have been in years and they just beat us. End of story.

12 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

?? Can you read? I believe you can read the transcript where I said "he did not become dumb all of a sudden". The Jasper coaches did not quit, they worked hard, they are good coaches and the team they fielded this year was very tough. Is that enough clarity for you?

You seem like a coaching expert. Is it possible the players would not do what they were told? Is it possible they could not run a different offense? Is it possible that the coaches tailored the offense/defense to the players? How many times have you put in a game plan? for Carthage? etc?

Son, listen.  I made a point in my post to say " so it appeared that way" and when other teams fans say the same thing and they feel sorry for our guys on offense.  that is F- ING sad. 

When it comes down to it in my life I went Jasper schools , played football as a proud DAWG, become an Alum, booster, season ticket holder and a tax payer. So do I feel entitled to say how I feel or what I think about the program.   OF COURSE I DO!  my fellow Jasper fans and posters here at this site are not as rough around the edges as I am, whether they ever publicly agree with my posts they know there is alot of truth to them.  They also know I (you may not think) was a supporter of Darell Barbay 96% of the time.Their(fellow Jasper fans and posters) opinions and thoughts are the only ones that matter to me. Honestly, outsiders like yourself inputs or opinions are about as useful as a knitted condom. you have the freedom to express them all you want(GOD BLESS THE USA ). Before you gather up your clarity, charity, chastity and any other personal items and toodle on out of here I want to ask a favor.

Can I use the things you said about my coaching expertise and you as a personal reference? 

Beaumont United is open and I intend on throwing my hat in the ring.  why not?  they hired Graham  after he had been off for a year that was preceded by 3 straight 0-10 seasons.   T I A (thanks in advance).

2 hours ago, Bulldogs92 said:

Jasper lost their OC right before two-a days if I remember correctly (who went back to the Spread from the Slot/Wing T that we had been running) and that along with a lack of game breakers and physicality on offense made that side of the ball a constant sore spot for us. 

I don't think anybody quit. LCM was more physical on defense than they have been in years and they just beat us. End of story.

Come on now @Bulldogs92 ! 

while I agree with and we talked about during the whole season the things you mention.   LCM wasn't the only game(and yes they had a helluva season and their play off run was proof they were good)

you know you thought the same about the "offensive" game planning or lack thereof  lead to play calling that was as vanilla and generic as what we started learning in 7th football.

32 minutes ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Son, listen.  I made a point in my post to say " so it appeared that way" and when other teams fans say the same thing and they feel sorry for our guys on offense.  that is F- ING sad. 

When it comes down to it in my life I went Jasper schools , played football as a proud DAWG, become an Alum, booster, season ticket holder and a tax payer. So do I feel entitled to say how I feel or what I think about the program.   OF COURSE I DO!  my fellow Jasper fans and posters here at this site are not as rough around the edges as I am, whether they ever publicly agree with my posts they know there is alot of truth to them.  They also know I (you may not think) was a supporter of Darell Barbay 96% of the time.Their(fellow Jasper fans and posters) opinions and thoughts are the only ones that matter to me. Honestly, outsiders like yourself inputs or opinions are about as useful as a knitted condom. you have the freedom to express them all you want(GOD BLESS THE USA ). Before you gather up your clarity, charity, chastity and any other personal items and toodle on out of here I want to ask a favor.

Can I use the things you said about my coaching expertise and you as a personal reference? 

Beaumont United is open and I intend on throwing my hat in the ring.  why not?  they hired Graham  after he had been off for a year that was preceded by 3 straight 0-10 seasons.   T I A (thanks in advance).

Agree 100%. As a member of the "peanut gallery" you entitled to say anything you want. Always more experts in the stands than on the sidelines. If the coaches could ever find a way to tap into the knowledge of the stands, there is no telling how much greatness they could achieve.  

39 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Agree 100%. As a member of the "peanut gallery" you entitled to say anything you want. Always more experts in the stands than on the sidelines. If the coaches could ever find a way to tap into the knowledge of the stands, there is no telling how much greatness they could achieve.  

Every team would go undefeated every year. 

3 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

oh! so a person has to walk the sideline to have any knowledge and/or understand the game?  

well, you are Peppermnt Patty  of the Peanut Gang.

4 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

even more so if they just make use of 89Falcon Consultant Services.

5 hours ago, Dirty_but_Dazzling said:

Come on now @Bulldogs92 ! 

while I agree with and we talked about during the whole season the things you mention.   LCM wasn't the only game(and yes they had a helluva season and their play off run was proof they were good)

you know you thought the same about the "offensive" game planning or lack thereof  lead to play calling that was as vanilla and generic as what we started learning in 7th football.

I have questioned what they were doing at times when the situations in games dictated more urgency, but I never said anything about them giving up or quitting. Barbay didn't always adapt the offense to be able to come back in games. We're all digressing at this point. He's gone and we need to move on...

53 minutes ago, Bulldogs92 said:

I have questioned what they were doing at times when the situations in games dictated more urgency, but I never said anything about them giving up or quitting. Barbay didn't always adapt the offense to be able to come back in games. We're all digressing at this point. He's gone and we need to move on...

as I thought we had  been doing(moving on). being excited about the future..  as long as the peanut gallery exist there will those who come along wanting/being Karen of sorts. any kinda shade they can get going  CAUSE they hate the fact that Jasper was able to make the best hire this off-season for sure in this part of the state(best fit for their program.

GOTTA LOVE IT!!

GO DAWGS!