Chad Prather for Governor of Texas 2022

Unwoke

I don't see the point of electing some guy (West) who hasn't been here long. It's a big state with a ton of different points of view.  I also lost a little respect when he accused the police of targeting his wife when she was driving home drunk, allegedly.  Not very "back the blue," if you know what I mean.  

Prather?  Is that better or worse than Jessie "The Body" Ventura?  I'm not really sure.  I'll pass regardless.

Abbott has two groups really mad at him... liberals and ultra hardcore conservatives.  Neither one's opinion really matters. 

I don’t agree with but completely understand that the West hasn’t been here long enough argument. If that is what someone believes then that is a valid point. We aren’t required to justify our vote. By the same token I have seen comments in other forums that wish Ron DeSantis would leave Florida and become the Texas governor  next week and he has never lived here. Apparently they are more concerned with political opinion than residency.

I don’t agree with West’s opinion on his wife’s arrest but he was backing up his wife. Had the same exact situation happened but for somebody he did not know, he would likely made a statement like, let  all the facts come out before we make an accusation.

I have never agreed with any person including any politician’s  opinion 100% of the time. If you can find such a person that agrees with me (not anyone else) 100% of the time, please let me know.

I actually thought I might have been for a Huffines until I heard a couple of his radio commercials. I understand politics but geez…… he could have just as well said that he would make Texas secede from the union, declare everyone a millionaire at the state expense and nobody has to work again and we will all be eating that rainbow stew. Would those stupid claims make him a bad governor? Probably not but even I have my limit on how much a person can lie to my face.  I believe 100% that Trump was going to build the wall if he could find the funding… and did. I equally felt with 100% certainty that Mexico was not going to pay for it. The first part was reality and the second part was political bravado. I always believe I can tell the difference. 

I like West a lot an may take a closer look at him but the fact that Fakebook put Prather in Fakebook jail right before the primaries for speaking truth to suppress his message means he’s right on target. Their is just an authenticity and passion about Prather that I like, plus he’s not a politician. As for as Abbott property taxes are ridiculous under his administration, he’s doing a poor job on the border and his handling of the plandemic was poor imo…oh an don’t forget the ice storm debacle. On top of that he’s a career politician. 

16 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I like West a lot an may take a closer look at him but the fact that Fakebook put Prather in Fakebook jail right before the primaries for speaking truth to suppress his message means he’s right on target. Their is just an authenticity and passion about Prather that I like, plus he’s not a politician. As for as Abbott property taxes are ridiculous under his administration, he’s doing a poor job on the border and his handling of the plandemic was poor imo…oh an don’t forget the ice storm debacle. On top of that he’s a career politician. 

I don’t think the governor has any say so in property taxes. Most of Texas tax problems are a lack of an income tax. Much of the public pays basically nothing in taxes if they don’t own property. Of course the argument is that property taxes are passed on somewhere down the line like if you rent a house, you are paying taxes to the owner because he is charging you extra. Does anyone believe that if we got rid of all property taxes next week, rent would go down $1? If all property taxes are passed on, why not just do away with all sales tax, gasoline tax, etc., and just raise our property taxes?  Shouldn’t that be the rational solution if all property taxes are passed on to someone else? Of course not but for every dollar you do away with from property tax, you have to raise another dollar somewhere else. 

How is anyone going to help secure the border if: 1. The United States Constitution only allows the federal Congress to make rules for immigration enforcement? Arizona tried that and it was struck down by the Supreme Court.  2. Texas could put billions of dollars to put more fencing and personnel to at least turn the people crossing back toward federal authorities even though the State has no authority to take them into custody. That however will likely cause a huge increase in taxes.

While the governor is a head executive of the state and technically is in charge of the military, he cannot spend money that is not authorized by the Texas Congress. If Prather for example says, I’m going to spend $2 billion next month securing the border, where is he going to get it? New property taxes?

I honestly think that he would do a decent job and it certainly would not offend me if he or West or Huffines was the next governor. Out of the four major candidates, I trust Huffines the least because of his outrageous claims. I know he’s not telling the truth, he knows he’s not telling the truth but at least make it somewhat believable. 

6 hours ago, TxHoops said:

I don’t get all the hate on Abbott but maybe that’s me.  Overall, I think he’s done an admirable job and truly believe he’s a good man.  In politics, that’s about the best we can hope for it seems. Sad but true.  

Agreed!  Don’t get why everyone wants to blame him for last year’s deep freeze.

All the political ads are Abbott’s. Haven’t seen a single one from an opponent which will heavily influence voters. Abbott may not be good leader but he’s at least a good follower. He makes good decisions based of other leaders decisions. About will win the primary without a runoff. 

Footnote; with the Ukrainian situation, it’s not a good time to be talking about taking our guns away. 😳

27 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

This is the hidden content, please

Nothing but political grandstanding!! Abbott your a career political whore. How about you make that same stand on Chinese Products? Of course if businesses did that Walmart would go out of business in one day! Smh

Tell me one of them that aren’t political whores. The words are synonymous. Pick on all of them. They’re all liars, cheats and self-serving crooks. 

8 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Tell me one of them that aren’t political whores. The words are synonymous. Pick on all of them. They’re all liars, cheats and self-serving crooks. 

I want disagree that CAREER POLITICIANS ARE SELF SERVING but Grabott is good about putting optics out there that will not accomplish anything. Just like him putting National Guard along the border for optics but they can’t apprehend any illegals. They basically just scarecrows along the border. 

18 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

I want disagree that CAREER POLITICIANS ARE SELF SERVING but Grabott is good about putting optics out there that will not accomplish anything. Just like him putting National Guard along the border for optics but they can’t apprehend any illegals. They basically just scarecrows along the border. 

Is that his fault? Not taking up for him. Just asking. 

28 minutes ago, Unwoke said:

Scarecrows have a purpose and are effective in some cases.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

Is that his fault? Not taking up for him. Just asking. 

Yes it’s his fault for making a useless stupid decision to put National Guard along the border so they can literally walk right past them an the National Guard do nothing about it. Our government leaders are good about making stupid decisions that serve no purpose but to make them look like they are doing something to help the people.

4 hours ago, Unwoke said:

Yes it’s his fault for making a useless stupid decision to put National Guard along the border so they can literally walk right past them an the National Guard do nothing about it. Our government leaders are good about making stupid decisions that serve no purpose but to make them look like they are doing something to help the people.

I get it. You don’t like him. I will tell you that you will get no better result from any other person running for that office either. I’m not bothered by the grandstanding just because I’m numb to it all…from all sides. 

4 hours ago, baddog said:

This is the hidden content, please

I understand the story is out there, and that Perry claims it happened, I (and many folks, if we're honest) just don't believe that it actually happened.  Very little of it is particularly believable, and it's even less believable considering who it supposedly happened to.