Silsbee vs Hardin Jefferson

BADSANTA

7 hours ago, Jerry West said:

Recently watched Silsbee vs Lufkin with Silsbee winning.  I know Lufkin beat HJ in OT.  Silsbee is though alone but at home they’re almost unstoppable.  I like both teams but think Silsbee by 12.  Miller and Harris are just too much.

Someone from Lufkin said they are missing their best front court big man. So maybe Lufkin was tougher then.  IMO this is the Tigers game of the year thus far.

1 hour ago, Who That said:

No way"  Summer Creek  - D. Madison  - H. King - BU twice and Lufkin was much bigger games than HJ..! 🙄😂🐅🏀

I purposely stuck an IMO in what I tweeted, So it is subjective.  It is a bigger game because none of the teams mentioned are 4A teams.  Silsbee plays those teams and they beat all but one, they get some self satisfaction and get to stay 2nd in the polls.  The Tigers probably won't face those teams again this year on the court. It won't be like that in this game because they may  they face them again for bigger stakes in the playoffs. If Silsbee wins the thought is out there 'can I beat em again in the playoffs?'  If they lose to HJ the polls may shift a little.  A lil doubt rises, maybe.  'Can we figure this team out if we play them again in the playoff?'  

Last year these teams played early when a lot of Silsbee's players were still playing football.  If I remember correctly  HJ beat Silsbee by double digits.  This year this game happens as both teams are almost peaking.  This should be a very good game.

HJ doesn’t have a shot in Silsbee.  It will be good for a half but HJ will not have a shot with that chapter of Refs.  I also believe if they played at HJ, Silsbee would be in trouble with HJ’s chapter.  

I would like to see at a neutral sight with neutral refs.  At the Lufkin game Silsbee didn’t commit their for foul for over 13 minutes while Lufkin committed 7.  SE Texas Chapters of refs are not very good these days.  I thank god I’m retired from coaching so I’m not getting judged by these guys ok Tuesday and Friday’s.

10 minutes ago, Jerry West said:

HJ doesn’t have a shot in Silsbee.  It will be good for a half but HJ will not have a shot with that chapter of Refs.  I also believe if they played at HJ, Silsbee would be in trouble with HJ’s chapter.  

I would like to see at a neutral sight with neutral refs.  At the Lufkin game Silsbee didn’t commit their for foul for over 13 minutes while Lufkin committed 7.  SE Texas Chapters of refs are not very good these days.  I thank god I’m retired from coaching so I’m not getting judged by these guys ok Tuesday and Friday’s.

Sounds like excuses to me. 

4 minutes ago, BADSANTA said:

Sounds like excuses to me. 

I’m just saying they’re bad at both places and feel both teams get a lot of calls at home.  I was at the Silsbee and Lufkin game and saw for my own eyes.  It was obvious that being said I don’t have a dog in the fight, or in this case a Tiger/Hawk.

45 minutes ago, Jerry West said:

I’m just saying they’re bad at both places and feel both teams get a lot of calls at home.  I was at the Silsbee and Lufkin game and saw for my own eyes.  It was obvious that being said I don’t have a dog in the fight, or in this case a Tiger/Hawk.

So you" have had the pleasure of seeing both these teams this year. So let me ask who do you" have winning this game and by how many.?