Mid-County Madness 2021

Rez Ipsa

2 minutes ago, PNGFaithful said:

I’m picking. Unlike prepballfan I don’t look through purple tinted glasses. PNG just isn’t very good this year. No team speed and not a very good defense or offense.

Someone said it best.  You have no game breakers on offense like in years past.  No Riggs, Nelson, or Sullivan type Players…

16 minutes ago, spidersal said:

should be a close game. Watching the Nederland/Silsbee game showed me that Nederland is slow also. Defense is weak and QB is extremely inaccurate throwing the ball. timing is way off. and I Don’t Barrow has ever beaten Faircloth

Barrow won in 2017. He's 1-3 against Faircloth. Don't ask Faircloth's record against Neuman. 

12 hours ago, prepballfan said:

Cool observations could you share the fixes to us all please?

Difference in us I don’t get on here every year about how great we’re going to be. I’m a realist. Our receivers are not fast so it takes time to develop plays for the QB. The Rec. need to be more physical to get open quicker. They seem to be lazy when running routes. Defense seems to be out of place with a running QB. This is a problem because we’re not fast so we need to play better fundamentals and more physical.  

1 hour ago, PNGFaithful said:

Difference in us I don’t get on here every year about how great we’re going to be. I’m a realist. Our receivers are not fast so it takes time to develop plays for the QB. The Rec. need to be more physical to get open quicker. They seem to be lazy when running routes. Defense seems to be out of place with a running QB. This is a problem because we’re not fast so we need to play better fundamentals and more physical.  

They ran the inside and outside zone and we basically stuffed it, in the first half especially. The tricky part is they started reading it and the quarterback that's pulling it happens to be going to Army. I'm sure he'll make most secondary guys or weakside linebackers who's responsible for quarterback on zone read pay this year. With that said, as with any year and especially with a new DC, more reps will help alleviate some of the being out of position.