Bridge City Vs Huffman

Reagan

An interesting matchup at this point in the season.  BC has a bigger D-Line than CL and Liberty.  But Huffman does not depend on size up front.  Same as last year, 

Huffman offense can put up some points.  They have quite a bit of team speed and are making plays when they need them.  

The defense hasn't seen a good rushing attack yet but tackle well and close very quickly.  The secondary is good.

I am certainly biased so I expect Huffman to win.  Will the defense pitch another shutout?  3 in a row would be some rare air.  Not likely but definitely possible.

42-7 Huffman.

On 9/8/2021 at 2:35 PM, texbuzz said:

An interesting matchup at this point in the season.  BC has a bigger D-Line than CL and Liberty.  But Huffman does not depend on size up front.  Same as last year, 

Huffman offense can put up some points.  They have quite a bit of team speed and are making plays when they need them.  

The defense hasn't seen a good rushing attack yet but tackle well and close very quickly.  The secondary is good.

I am certainly biased so I expect Huffman to win.  Will the defense pitch another shutout?  3 in a row would be some rare air.  Not likely but definitely possible.

42-7 Huffman.

This is a pretty good assessment.  I agree with this a lot.  I think BC only chance is to control clock, keep HH offense on sideline for as long as possible and that will take a LOT of 1st downs and sustaining multiple drives - which will be tough too because HH defense is stout as well

On 9/8/2021 at 2:35 PM, texbuzz said:

42-7 Huffman.

5 interceptions. This secondary is good. 

BC couldn’t find a rhythm and was getting strung out trying to run wide.  Runs up the middle were starting to be productive but just not consistent enough. 

Huffman stopped a series that was 1st and goal inside the 5.  4 straight plays. Turnover on down on their own 1 yard line. BC was able to get a sack from the edge for the safety.

HH offense seemed shaky but hit some big plays.  This team is built on runs up the middle but BC game planned this well and closed the power and dart. The late TD for 60 yards was an exception, not the rule.

many teams lay down once a team goes up by 3 scores early. BC never laid down.