SILSBEE 48 VIDOR 51/ FINAL

Aggieswife

27 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I remember last year some Silsbee folks said football was Miller's future. 

He’s a perfect wide out prototype MBG, height, speed, physicality, athleticism. 1 on 1 he’s getting it, hands clamp down on the ball. Took a couple away from dudes with good coverage tonight. He’s got that physical speed if you know what I’m trying to say. If he and the throwing QB 5 get some good timing and chemistry together it’s going to be special. At the very least he will draw a safety over the top of him and the Silsbee running game will take off cause they got some RBs too.

Simple, no t,ime eating drives for the Tigers.  Like was said defense on the field all night and if you continually give up 6-8 yds up the middle on first or second down against that offense you are going to be in trouble.  It wasnt just after the defense got tired but was definitely more prevailent in the second half.  The two turnovers in the first half were about the only way we really stopped Vidor at all.  Way too many weapons on our offensive side but definitely need to get the running game going.

Well this is a polar opposite of the last few yrs in vidor, offense kept them in the game tonight I keep seeing everyone talking about how young silsbee is vidor don't know the exact number but has more than usual sophomores on varsity and 3 starting in the secondary. Vidors secondary is awful right now they don't have a clue if that is the best 4 kids and they don't make any adjustments most of Vidors games will be like this a shoot out 

I’ve seen Pirate teams in the past fold when confronted with the turnovers & easy scores Silsbee got last night, but this bunch kept their heads up and came back for the win.  Does the win mean a big season?  Not at all.  All it means is these kids have character.  Win or lose, it indicates they’ll give their all.  That’s all anyone can ask or expect.

Silsbee defense is really young but in a loss I give their defense some credit vidor had to convert at least 3 4th down plays to keep the drives going Silsbee’s defense will get better and if the tigers QB can lower those passes down and put some zip on the ball they could really do some damage with those receivers also established a running game to give the defense some rest.

55 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I’ve seen Pirate teams in the past fold when confronted with the turnovers & easy scores Silsbee got last night, but this bunch kept their heads up and came back for the win.  Does the win mean a big season?  Not at all.  All it means is these kids have character.  Win or lose, it indicates they’ll give their all.  That’s all anyone can ask or expect.

Agreed!