WOS at Vidor scrimmage

Stangfan#1

I remembered that I know Ivan Croak's son Pete. He used to work over here in West Orange. I hadn't been there since 97 or 98. Great to see the upgraded facilities in person. Needs a little more work on the drainage. But hey this is SETX.

Vidor showed an improved offense from the scrimmage I saw last season. The qb is small but quick, sneaky at hiding the play. And #40 is a beast for them at nose guard. If he wasn't blocked, he was all over the field. DBs were lost trying to find the ball in the air.

And the WOS QB can definitely do that. He is as good as he looks in the highlights. But he got lucky a few times because it was vidor. A more athletic team would make him pay for that. But his timing with the receivers is there already. This is gonna be an explosive offense once they it all together. Gales is great RB and always needs to get more carries. 

The Mustangs defense has once again shown some suspects. I didnt expect vidor to exploit the weaknesses after halftime. It's only Thursday so they got some time to straighten it out.

Great scrimmage like usual against the Mustangs. They looked good and dominated us pretty much all game. Pirates showed some promise but we have alot to work on, the passes are right in our receivers bread basket almost every time but they got butter fingers. Most of the yardage Vidors ground game came straight up the gut, we had nothing trying to get in the flats and WOS speed showed easily. Good luck the rest of the way Mustangs, I look forward to seeing y'all make another deep playoff run! Our Vidor boys have potential, just gotta clean up some bonehead mistakes.

Go Pirates! 

24 minutes ago, piratevillain said:

Great scrimmage like usual against the Mustangs. They looked good and dominated us pretty much all game. Pirates showed some promise but we have alot to work on, the passes are right in our receivers bread basket almost every time but they got butter fingers. Most of the yardage Vidors ground game came straight up the gut, we had nothing trying to get in the flats and WOS speed showed easily. Good luck the rest of the way Mustangs, I look forward to seeing y'all make another deep playoff run! Our Vidor boys have potential, just gotta clean up some bonehead mistakes.

Go Pirates! 

I agree completely. Good luck to you guys too. Always a great game.